It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatening letters sent to N.Y. Mayor may contain ricin : police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RegisteredUser

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

There is no logic to sending a ricin laced letter to anyone. Gun control, or lack of, is a pathetic attempt to justify a random act of violence.

especially by a gun nut. Gun nuts are law abiding citizens - and for the most part, have had an NCIS, FBI, and local law enforcement agency background check before issued their license.
edit on 30-5-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

Just as the progressive scum are for the most part law abiding citizens. Using ricin negates thier message that people are safer with gun control measures. There is no political gain on either side to this.

Do you remember the ricin letters that were sent to Daschle? After 9/11?

No one was blaming it on Americans then ...

edit: oops, that was anthrax .. not ricin

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

I don't know that it's propaganda. I think it's more of a cutural difference. Australians have a different morals and belief structures than the US. They didn't have a Revolutionary War, or a wild west or any of the history that gives the US bragging rights. I think the 'American swagger' is singular to the US.

Could be, but its either propaganda or Aussies have failed to learn from history or both. When a nations civilians are restricted the right to own firearms historically it ALWAYS results in democide. I don't know when will this happen I just know that historically that is how it always ends and Im not talking about 26 people dead or something like say the worst at Sandy Hook but I am talking about millions dead.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

There is no logic to sending a ricin laced letter to anyone. Gun control, or lack of, is a pathetic attempt to justify a random act of violence.

especially by a gun nut. Gun nuts are law abiding citizens - and for the most part, have had an NCIS, FBI, and local law enforcement agency background check before issued their license.

Just as the progressive scum are for the most part law abiding citizens. Using ricin negates thier message that people are safer with gun control measures. There is no political gain on either side to this.

Apples and Oranges. The anti terrism bill had already been signed into law. Gun control laws had already been defeated.
edit on 30-5-2013 by RegisteredUser because: spellin

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Apples and Oranges. The anti terrism bill had already been signed into law. Gun control laws had already been defeated.

The point was, that it turned out the FBI suspected an American when everyone else was screaming TERRORIST!

The suspect was a microbiologist :

en.wikipedia.org...

sooooo pinning this on a "gun nut" seems premature don't you think?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by RegisteredUser

I don't know that it's propaganda. I think it's more of a cutural difference. Australians have a different morals and belief structures than the US. They didn't have a Revolutionary War, or a wild west or any of the history that gives the US bragging rights. I think the 'American swagger' is singular to the US.

Could be, but its either propaganda or Aussies have failed to learn from history or both. When a nations civilians are restricted the right to own firearms historically it ALWAYS results in democide. I don't know when will this happen I just know that historically that is how it always ends and Im not talking about 26 people dead or something like say the worst at Sandy Hook but I am talking about millions dead.,

I think the Australians have done very well, but I get your point. The problem is that there is no middle ground.
Gun nuts believe that they're safer with thier guns, progressive scum thinks that the country is safer with more gun control. Unfortunately both sides of the argument have to live in the same country with two opposite views on what keeps us a safer nation. Without finding some kind of middle ground and compromise, the country as a whole is less secure. First there's the hot headed, angry debates getting everyone fired up and fighting, but there's also the perception that the US can't get thier act together. The entire world is watching and any internal squabbling is a show of weakness. The debt ceiling was a perfect example of this. The US credit rating almost took a hit because there was no unity. There are many countries that would love to see the US sink into another civil war, and that's exactly where it's heading.
So the question is; how do we fix this? Where is the common ground where the average, ordinary, prudent person gets to keep thier guns, and weapons are kept out of the hands of criminals and mentally unstable people?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The most obvious false flag ever by the butt hurt anti constitution statists.

You don't compromise your constitutional rights..Stop saying that you sound dumb.

It is obvious the big plan for an totalitarian government is falling apart. The 2cd amendment was a huge part in keeping the corrupt bastards from taking full control.

And if it is not obvious enough....The US corrupted government pays people to manipulate social media and forums. Link How much is the OP getting paid again????
edit on 30-5-2013 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

The point was, that it turned out the FBI suspected an American when everyone else was screaming TERRORIST!

The suspect was a microbiologist :

en.wikipedia.org...

sooooo pinning this on a "gun nut" seems premature don't you think?

You know, I did correct myself in an earlier post.

Although you're right maybe 'nutjob' is too strong of a word. How about this; a psychologically unstable individual who would be best served by counseling in an effort to hug his/her inner child instead of being tried and sent to prison?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't get the whole ricin thing.
What a weird thing to send in the mail.

Are they sure that someone could not just rub some castor beans on some envelopes and it would trigger those sensors? Are they sure that stuff is actually ricin and not some other kind of false positive?

Most of the bubbas I know that are worried about guns, don't know ricin from rice.
Just rings false to me. Unless it was ricin sent but really for something else.

What else has that nimb-nub went after? Sodas? Salt? Earbuds?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
my 2 cents - probably post marked from d.c.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thread closed as you all can't act like adults.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join