It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and the war on terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Who here knows more information on what the Bush family (and America, in general) were doing in the middle east for the past 20 or 30 years to cause this war on terror?

I'm not that educated on the subject, but I believe it boils down to a "If you **** with us, we'll **** with you" kind of thing.

What sort of things did we do to the middle east, anyone know?

I know there can't just be a group of people out there who "hates our way of life" so much that they will sacrifice their lives to kill it. Who in their right mind would do that...

ehh, gogo post!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To truly understand what is going on over there in terms of US policy, you'll need to go back further than just the Bush family, America as a nation has been militarily involved in that reigon since Theodore Rosevelt. But if your question is just in regards to the Bush administration, I think it would be safe to say it started in earnest during the Reagan Administration. Don't let that fool you though, Prescott Bush's business partners had a vested interest in the caspian sea, but I'll post some more on this thread when I have some more time, but suffice to say it's a LOOONG story.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah

I heard that a long time ago some wealthy American familys/companys began planting the seeds for terrorism to be used as a reason to take over those countrys later... or something like that

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well all that may be true and I kind of agree with most of you but for those that stills think that bush agenda is of compassion they better look at those two countries US attacked and see where are the 9/11 Terrorist now.

Then ask yourself what agenda bush has in Iraq, the "war for liberation" is now a war against the people we where to liberate because they oppose the take over of their natural resources.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55
I know there can't just be a group of people out there who "hates our way of life" so much that they will sacrifice their lives to kill it. Who in their right mind would do that...

Oh yes there are people like that. One such person is named Osama bin Laden, who does not want Americans in his precious middle east.

Who in their right mind would do that? Nobody. But bin Laden doesn't belong to that group.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No, I mean Osama must have a reason other than "Oh, he just hates us".

I mean, "Invading his homeland" is a very good reason- much better than "Oh, he just hates us"

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Actually bin-laden home land is Saudi we should had gone over there and bomb them after all the house of Saud and the Royal family has been known for financing the Terrorist groups.

But then the money trail be to hard to handle by the American christian nation.

new topics

top topics

join