It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Michelle Bachmann's 19 silliest flubs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Guess they're flubs from a far-left viewpoint

As published on Yahoo! today:
news.yahoo.com...

On the minimum wage
"Literally, if we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." [Businessweek]

On social issues:
Homosexuality:

"This is an earthquake issue. This will change our state forever. Because the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural, and perhaps they should try it." [The New Yorker]

On patriotism
"Absolutely. I'm very concerned that [Obama] may have anti-American views. That's what the American people are concerned about." [YouTube]

"The news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would, I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out are they are pro-America or anti-America." [National Journal]

She was right more than wrong. Pelosi and Biden make her look like a freakin' genius.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
She is nothing but a brain dead idiot. She knows nothing about American history and thinks that a woman should be a slave to the will of their husband.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's too bad she's leaving. She's a tea party poster child.
*sarcasm*
edit on 29-5-2013 by RegisteredUser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RegisteredUser
It's too bad she's leaving. She's a tea party poster child.
*sarcasm*
edit on 29-5-2013 by RegisteredUser because: (no reason given)

Yes what will the corn dog industry do without her?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
well,

at least she is pretty.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Bachmann was wrong far more often than she was right. Come to think of it, was she ever right about anything?

Speaking as a conservative, I found her ignorant, bigoted, paranoid, and incompetent. She was also a liar.

It's not hard to see why other conservatives constantly attacked her.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
She is nothing but a brain dead idiot.

So...you're saying that she has all of the necessary qualifications to serve in the U.S Congress...

She knows nothing about American history and thinks that a woman should be a slave to the will of their husband.

Are you somehow suggesting that this is wrong?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You guys are pretty harsh on the woman. At least she did try to do something that many people view as patriotic. Views and opinions is what makes our great nation not a bunch of kids hiding in their basements to post OMG z-conspiracies. That makes her far more patriotic than any of you will ever be. Your views are accepted here, but to reflect she may be far more sane than any of our governing body. If i call Obama a corn-dog sucker the outrage and flaming would go on for many pages.

P.S. I am not endorsing this woman however she has every right to voice her beliefs and her rather strong followings beliefs.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
You guys are pretty harsh on the woman. At least she did try to do something that many people view as patriotic. Views and opinions is what makes our great nation not a bunch of kids hiding in their basements to post OMG z-conspiracies. That makes her far more patriotic than any of you will ever be. Your views are accepted here, but to reflect she may be far more sane than any of our governing body. If i call Obama a corn-dog sucker the outrage and flaming would go on for many pages.

P.S. I am not endorsing this woman however she has every right to voice her beliefs and her rather strong followings beliefs.

The alleged "flubs" from the article are not flubs at all--they are mostly truthful statements, accurately reflecting the state of the US--at least as far as most of us right-wing Libertarians think.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I do not think she is stupid. I do think she caters to certain segment of American society that is not very bright. Where your average person may think she is an idiot she has created a small loyal following that loves her and will buy (literaly) whatever she is selling. This seems to the trend now that people can reach the entire nation through things like youtube and social networks. Instead of appealing to your average person to focus on a small loyal fringe group. Her and Palin,Trump and the Tea Party in general have made a buisness out of small part of American society that most people just role thiers eyes at and declare idiots. At least those people have some one who is willing to take their money and pretend to listen to them.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I do not think she is stupid. I do think she caters to certain segment of American society that is not very bright. Where your average person may think she is an idiot she has created a small loyal following that loves her and will buy (literaly) whatever she is selling. This seems to the trend now that people can reach the entire nation through things like youtube and social networks. Instead of appealing to your average person to focus on a small loyal fringe group. Her and Palin,Trump and the Tea Party in general have made a buisness out of small part of American society that most people just role thiers eyes at and declare idiots. At least those people have some one who is willing to take their money and pretend to listen to them.

Perhaps the ones who think she is an idiot have all been well propagandized?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Are you sure your not talking about liberals. They voted for a guy whose political speech amounted to "yes we can" and "change". Its how you view it.. At least she voices out her opinion.

IT's Sad we know more about her than our own president be it good or bad.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker

Are you sure your not talking about liberals. They voted for a guy whose political speech amounted to "yes we can" and "change". Its how you view it.. At least she voices out her opinion.

IT's Sad we know more about her than our own president be it good or bad.

It is not liberals nor conservative she caters to. They all think she is nuts. It is small poorly educated section of America who love her and all the crazy stuff she says. And we do not know anything about her other than she was going to lose her next election and decided not to run. Although I expect she will be a regular talking head and book writer as people who make a reputation for saying crazy stuff have to keep one uping themselves or fall away to some other person catering to the fringe.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

She pointed out some of the primary problems facing Americans who love Liberty and Individual Responsibility. That really pissed off the Liberal media and Establishment. They're first response is usually insults and insinuation, and attempts to dig up or makeup dirt. That usually works to convince the dimmer members of society.
edit on 30-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join