It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about lilacs wilting from top down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I know lilacs usually loose thier flowers sooner than other flowers. I was wondering why though that ours are wilting just on the top of the flowers? I was thinking sun but its been cloudy most of spring and lots of rain. I just am trying to avoid thinking chemtrails are doing it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Could it be possible this is weather related? We have had extreme temperatures here in Ohio. Not all plants are hardy. I have covered my azaleas twice so I didn't lose the flowers.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Could be bacterial blight.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds like a Fungal infestation to me. Possibly Verticillium or Fusarium. Do a search on Fungus infestations with Lilac's, as they are susceptible to fungus infections.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Could it have hit something nasty in the soil?

Is it on one side (where a root may have hit a pocket of something) or over the whole top of the tree? I am not a gardener so this is only a thought or two. :-) Water or lack of? Roots got into a drain/duct and no water in there?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

we have like50 feet or more of them and theyre all showing that.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It could be,if you have 50ft of them,that their roots no longer have enough space and beginning to crowd each other.

May also be the weather,we've had a crap spring so far and things have been slow to develop this year,also the damp has effected much of the growth.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

I talked to a family member who said it was normal timing for them, i guess it just tripped me up for a bit. THought they lasted longer.

new topics

top topics

join