It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon and Obama: Like brothers from another mother

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Get real people. The entirety of the US Government is NOT Obama and the corruption that's plagued this nation has been in the works for DECADES. I don't follow the stupid right-left paradigm, it's a joke. Two sides of the same coin, two cheeks on the same butt. But my God you Republicans need to hop off the band-wagon against Obama.

You don't even flinch when it comes to his drone strike carnage, but as soon as he's caught in another "scandal-gate" you all call foul and act is if this is absolutely shocking. Goes to show how many people don't give a **** about what the right thing is, all they care about is empowering their party and glorifying themselves.

You don't follow the "left/right paradigm", but are willing to only call out Republicans for not "flinching" regarding drone strikes? You don't see the failed logic here? Lets see..."left" side says "scandals" are political, while the "right" side....no... you should see this. And vice-versa...

My reply will be ignored, like always, because people don't want to hear the truth. Instead I'll be labelled an "Obama sympathizer" and people will continue to deflect when it comes to the full scope of what's happening in this once great nation.

Drop the melodrama "woes me, my reply will be ignored".

There is more to politics, including the corruption, than just one President. Shocker, I know. There is actually MORE that happens in geo-politics than what Barry says. I know, it's proposterous to think that Obama isn't aware of every little thing at every single second of every branch/department in the government, but I can ensure you that political corruption is spread far and wide in this country; not stemming from the palm of one man that nine years ago a very, very select few of you would even know's name.

Agreed and a much bigger discussion than presented here.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

Are you honestly going to cherry-pick out of my entire post the tiny fragment that I didn't say "Democrat" in my post? Oh, I'm sorry, when referring to the US government the many times I did I figured it would reasonably assumed that Democratic individuals would be under the same umbrella

Oh and by the way I'm basically against any government that is more dedicated to ruling their people than serving them; especially when that lies maliciously about it then makes baseless accusations about the people exposing them.

This site is on a real bad 'lets put on our blinders to the bigger picture and dig into Obama as much possible because we are pissed and it's his fault' trend that everyone should have seen coming.

People are bitching as if this country has *never* had political corruption before. I'll keep my personal beliefs about Barry out of it, I can't stand him and it's not for his politics - it's the fact he's a self-serving elitist who thrives like a parasite off of the common and hard working folk. But guess what, nearly EVERYONE that has a definitive position in government fits that description to a key. Not just one little puppet who happens to appear on the television all the damn time.

But please, nit-pick at my post for me not directly mentioning that Democrats are involved in this Ponzi scheme. Like I said earlier, it was reasonably assumed that the blanket term "US government," which I used on many occasions, also included Democrats.

My apologies.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by RomeByFire

I'm pretty sure anybody with operational brain cells knows that our government is corrupt to its core and run by greedy, psychopathic idiots, but this thread is pointing out one aspect of it - the Obama administration. He's sure not making any improvements! And yet, he promised so much.

If you would like to start a thread on the other problems in government, let me know and I will contribute.

edit on 29-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

I've never seen any of your other threads (not that I'm aware of, anyhow), so I wasn't sure what "side" you stood on if at all.

Don't even get me started on his hollowed out false-promises speech. I remember I was in high school when he first promised to end a war and shut down Guantanamo. I graduated a couple years ago, I'm still hearing the same promises?

Madness. Absolute madness; with a bit of Stockholm syndrome.

And I'd love to start my own threads on other aspects of corruption, but there are already so many examples and times when they've been caught doing dirty or in some cases sadistic things. All the while, you're constantly battling off people who just name call and fall to the 'conspiracy nut' strawman. I don't have the patience haha.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

Okay I'm listening, but do you honestly think he stepped into this mess without any knowledge of how bad it was..?
I agree that he has been up against Insurmountable odds, but why a second term?

While I would like to be able to say this is what the people have chosen as what's best for them, but did they really?

In my opinion Barry was selected not elected; and certainly not by We the People, and absolutely not in a way our Founding Fathers would have intended.

Why a second term? Easy.

The American people are the most saturated people on the face of the Earth, television + poison in your food/'medicine'/water + constant fear-mongering + controlled informational media + laziness + fast food +..., and the list goes on, = blissful ignorance through indoctrination and brainwashing.

How much do you think the common American understands about franctional reserve banking, capitalism, and geo-politics? It's not on the television like American Idol or Barry's speeches so they don't care or find it relevant.

Ironically enough, I'm going to quote Nixon: "The American populace won't believe anything until they see it on the television."

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

And I'd love to start my own threads on other aspects of corruption, but there are already so many examples and times when they've been caught doing dirty or in some cases sadistic things. All the while, you're constantly battling off people who just name call and fall to the 'conspiracy nut' strawman. I don't have the patience haha

It's all part of the human madness. Just pick your battles wisely and ignore the name callers - they call names because they have nothing else to offer.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Ironically enough, I'm going to quote Nixon: "The American populace won't believe anything until they see it on the television."

THAT gets the best line of the thread award!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nixon was involved and directing things and at least gave his okay on what others were doing. Obama... I honestly think he has just about zero input on most of whats going on in the White House. He's a rubber stamp they keep in office , the literal empty suit. Even Bush 43 had more involvement even if he didn't orchestrate it.
Nixon was also clever and crafty and driven, Obama's lazy and intellectually unable to grasp the finer points of leadership and politics. He's not stupid, nor a genius, but an average mind with a huge ego who's been given everything he has and has earned nothing. He could be forced from office as easily as he was put in by those that run things and he knows it. I often wonder if some of these scandals aren't being engineered to get rid of him by impeachment now that his usefulnees is coming to an end. Would having him impeached serve any purpose.? If their goal is to divide and distract the country, yes. And it is their goal.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
isn’t it strange that EVERY VIDEO on YOUTUBE that makes this comparison is disabled?

Considering it's Obama and Chicago style politics we are all dealing with ... I'm not surprised.
The thuggery of the Obama administration makes the Nixon administration look like a bunch of kids.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Nixon was also clever and crafty and driven, Obama's lazy and intellectually unable to grasp the finer points of leadership and politics. He's not stupid, nor a genius, but an average mind with a huge ego who's been given everything he has and has earned nothing. He could be forced from office as easily as he was put in by those that run things and he knows it. I often wonder if some of these scandals aren't being engineered to get rid of him by impeachment now that his usefulnees is coming to an end. Would having him impeached serve any purpose.? If their goal is to divide and distract the country, yes. And it is their goal.

Agreed - Obama is the pre-packaged star of this show, and has very little to do with its day to day operations - a little too busy campaigning and playing golf. Not so sure the scandals are engineered - could possibly be the arrogance (and lack of media questioning) led those who run the Obama show to take a few too many risks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join