It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon and Obama: Like brothers from another mother

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This video is rather eye-opening - and a bit entertaining. It compares Nixon's and Obama's handling of their scandals and shows they operate from the same play book.

Having trouble embedding so here's the link -
youtu.be...

Basically, it points out that Nixon heard about Watergate from news reports, just like Obama with the IRS. It highlights how they based their innocence on the fact that they were operating with information they had at the time. This would relate to Obama with Benghazi (gotta keep those scandals straight).

Both also expressed tremendous fear of "leaks" undermining our national security. Hence the need for secrecy, which is of course, for our own good.

And the frenzy around Watergate was "just a distraction". Sound familiar?

www.dailymail.co.uk... d.html

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Obama, sucks as a president He Lies ( maybe more than his predecessors) and
is skates around danger zones which could implicate him.

Yeah,. he sucks and he is a crook

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I'm not a crook, yup sounds really like Obama.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

The scenarios are the same but there is one glaring difference….

Nixon would have done the right thing and stepped aside LONG before this point.

By the way, isn’t it strange that EVERY VIDEO on YOUTUBE that makes this comparison is disabled? Is that a coincidence? I think not!

Don't believe me? Search it and try to play any of them.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I admit I did get suspicious when I was having so much trouble with this video. This is one scary administration!

edit on 29-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Maluhia

By the way, isn’t it strange that EVERY VIDEO on YOUTUBE that makes this comparison is disabled? Is that a coincidence? I think not!

I've noticed a lot of the type of vids I watch have cuts right at critical moments and so information is missing, many simply stop at critical points and refuse to start again.

The control of information is well underway.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You know, I really thought people who visit ATS would be 'aware' enough to realize that political corruption is not the responsibility of one sole person. Ya know, the idea that the entire system is mired in corruption to it's very core, and it was meant to be that way.

But no, let's ignore the glaring red flags of corruption and tyranny in our current government and instead just ramble on about "Er ma gawd Ob-aaa-ma is the worst President we ever hazz!!1!"

Get real people. The entirety of the US Government is NOT Obama and the corruption that's plagued this nation has been in the works for DECADES. I don't follow the stupid right-left paradigm, it's a joke. Two sides of the same coin, two cheeks on the same butt. But my God you Republicans need to hop off the band-wagon against Obama.

You don't even flinch when it comes to his drone strike carnage, but as soon as he's caught in another "scandal-gate" you all call foul and act is if this is absolutely shocking. Goes to show how many people don't give a **** about what the right thing is, all they care about is empowering their party and glorifying themselves.

My reply will be ignored, like always, because people don't want to hear the truth. Instead I'll be labelled an "Obama sympathizer" and people will continue to deflect when it comes to the full scope of what's happening in this once great nation.

In summation; I have an absolutely CRAZY idea for you. Ready for it? Here it goes!

There is more to politics, including the corruption, than just one President. Shocker, I know. There is actually MORE that happens in geo-politics than what Barry says. I know, it's proposterous to think that Obama isn't aware of every little thing at every single second of every branch/department in the government, but I can ensure you that political corruption is spread far and wide in this country; not stemming from the palm of one man that nine years ago a very, very select few of you would even know's name.

In case you missed my point; I'll put it in Layman's terms for you.

Quit your ridiculous bitching and realize that this country, and it's owners are power-hungry control freaks who don't give a sliver of care for you. Obama is just ONE, of the MANY individuals who have helped shape this current dystopia, and these people have been it since before you, or even some of your parents were born.

But hey, disregard my message. I'm sure one of ATS's "esteemed" posters had made yet another "Obama-gate" thread that needs stars and flags.

Deny ignorance, yeah right.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I've been pondering the parallels between Nixon and Obama as well. At least Nixon resigned when fronted with Watergate and impending impeachment. Obama will not resign, we'll just hear more lies and get more distractions if he ever faces impeachment.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Get real people. The entirety of the US Government is NOT Obama and the corruption that's plagued this nation has been in the works for DECADES. I don't follow the stupid right-left paradigm, it's a joke. Two sides of the same coin, two cheeks on the same butt. But my God you Republicans need to hop off the band-wagon against Obama.

You don't even flinch when it comes to his drone strike carnage, but as soon as he's caught in another "scandal-gate" you all call foul and act is if this is absolutely shocking. Goes to show how many people don't give a **** about what the right thing is, all they care about is empowering their party and glorifying themselves.

You don't follow the "left/right paradigm", but are willing to only call out Republicans for not "flinching" regarding drone strikes? You don't see the failed logic here? Lets see..."left" side says "scandals" are political, while the "right" side....no... you should see this. And vice-versa...

My reply will be ignored, like always, because people don't want to hear the truth. Instead I'll be labelled an "Obama sympathizer" and people will continue to deflect when it comes to the full scope of what's happening in this once great nation.

Drop the melodrama "woes me, my reply will be ignored".

There is more to politics, including the corruption, than just one President. Shocker, I know. There is actually MORE that happens in geo-politics than what Barry says. I know, it's proposterous to think that Obama isn't aware of every little thing at every single second of every branch/department in the government, but I can ensure you that political corruption is spread far and wide in this country; not stemming from the palm of one man that nine years ago a very, very select few of you would even know's name.

Agreed and a much bigger discussion than presented here.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Why do people constantly compare Obama to past presidents?

Rooselvet, Kennedy, Nixon who am I missing?

Obama is in a league of his own the league of get's away with anything, and everything.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lincoln....you are missing Lincoln.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Maluhia

I've noticed a lot of the type of vids I watch have cuts right at critical moments and so information is missing, many simply stop at critical points and refuse to start again.

The control of information is well underway.

i had no trouble finding the video. and the only cut I saw actually made it appear that the editor was taking Obama out of context...not the other way around like Obama is censoring important info.

But yeah, that video is pretty freaky.
I still don't think Benghazi is an issue. I really don't understand what the fuss is about with that one specific "scandal".

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I'm pretty sure anybody with operational brain cells knows that our government is corrupt to its core and run by greedy, psychopathic idiots, but this thread is pointing out one aspect of it - the Obama administration. He's sure not making any improvements! And yet, he promised so much.

If you would like to start a thread on the other problems in government, let me know and I will contribute.

edit on 29-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by RomeByFire

You don't follow the "left/right paradigm", but are willing to only call out Republicans for not "flinching" regarding drone strikes? You don't see the failed logic here? Lets see..."left" side says "scandals" are political, while the "right" side....no... you should see this. And vice-versa...

hmmm i think it's applicable to target republicans when this thread will be a breeding ground for them, just like this site in general.

You should really think about what he said, and don't simply dismiss it like that. what he said is true.

When the story about Drones broke, republicans were outraged....because they claimed Obama leaked the story himself to make it appear he was a strong leader. /facepalm.
It's comical beyond belief.

If you guys keep getting outraged over every little thing, outrage over big things won't seem that serious. It's like the boy who cried wolf. how could anyone take Republican claims seriously at this point?

the fact is there is still no conclusive proof Obama broke any laws. There are a lot of Republican theories out there, and some are probably true. But why should we believe any theories at this point??

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
i had no trouble finding the video. and the only cut I saw actually made it appear that the editor was taking Obama out of context...not the other way around like Obama is censoring important info.

Hi Ghost. I wasnt actually referring to that particular video. I was just agreeing with another poster about video's being tampered with. I've watched several where right at the moment your about to be told something of interest the video goes through a garbled patch, or it simply stops and refuses to play that part of the vid. Its happened to me so many times now that I can only assume its deliberate.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Okay I'm listening, but do you honestly think he stepped into this mess without any knowledge of how bad it was..?
I agree that he has been up against Insurmountable odds, but why a second term?

While I would like to be able to say this is what the people have chosen as what's best for them, but did they really?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That's kinda paranoid, no offense. There's thousands of reasons why connections can be interrupted.

And no one get me wrong. I think that video is VERY interesting, and after seeing it, I really wouldn't be surprised if some serious dirt about Obama came out shortly.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by VoidHawk

That's kinda paranoid, no offense. There's thousands of reasons why connections can be interrupted.

And no one get me wrong. I think that video is VERY interesting, and after seeing it, I really wouldn't be surprised if some serious dirt about Obama came out shortly.

Offense taken!
It is not paranoid to observe things with your own eyes!
And when you see them often you'd be a fool to ignore them.
Have you watched the vids of which I speak? No!
You keep referring to the vid in the OP even though I made it clear I wasn't talking about that particular vid.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Quit your ridiculous bitching and realize that this country, and it's owners are power-hungry control freaks who don't give a sliver of care for you. Obama is just ONE, of the MANY individuals who have helped shape this current dystopia, and these people have been it since before you, or even some of your parents were born.

But hey, disregard my message. I'm sure one of ATS's "esteemed" posters had made yet another "Obama-gate" thread that needs stars and flags.

Deny ignorance, yeah right.

The number of people who willing to wear blinders so that they don't see the obvious is dwindling Quickly. The message is Very Clear and everyone sees what's happening. What event took place within the same timeline that this destructive behavior Intensified?

Is the bitching that surprising? Do we need to see yet another list of the attacks on the way of life of the people? You criteria for recognizing ignorance may need an overhaul?

dX

signature:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join