It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids- Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So, yesterday I watched the Discovery Channel's show about how Mermaids are real and so on and it's interview with Dr. Paul Robertson.. What do you all think about this? Are they real? Why the hype all of the sudden?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sounds a bit fishy to me.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

You, sir, are a genius.

Bravo

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

10/10 pa rum pum pum pum.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Again?
There have been numerous threads about this work of fiction. There were two facts in the program.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
So, yesterday I watched the Discovery Channel's show about how Mermaids are real and so on and it's interview with Dr. Paul Robertson.. What do you all think about this? Are they real? Why the hype all of the sudden?

Sudden? Hype? A? All of?

First I've heard of it. It's also quite a stretch to consider ladies with fishy bums swimming around in the ocean, luring blokes waving their rods around and dropping their tackle in the water all day long, are anything more than folk lore.

Besides I've seen all the movies and stuff, and they never get away with it for ever. At some point they always have a bath and someone walks in on them and they have to flop around on the floor trying to cover themselves with towels.

It's just no good for anyone..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Mermeids are not real.....

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You can't breed a human with a fish.
I tried for years with my goldfish but they kept exploding

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There has been lore of mermaids for thousands of years. I find there is always a bit of truth to any lore. So yes I think it is real possible it doesn't hurt to believe its possible. I know for a fact bigfoot exist so why not mermaids

edit on 29-5-2013 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

It's not real. It's a satire mock-umentary. This has confused many ATS members in the past. Is this mermaid jive still kicking around?

off-topic: I prefer my mermaids with the fish part on the top and lady part on the bottom

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Those guys !!! they had me fooled until the boys video..........docufiction,,reminds me of the blair witch, but of the ocean

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I hate when those mockumentaries come out trying to be passed off as the real deal. I can't believe they tried this one twice now.

I'll admit the whole Aquatic-Ape aspect is interesting, to bad it's all fake.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
I hate when those mockumentaries come out trying to be passed off as the real deal. I can't believe they tried this one twice now.

I'll admit the whole Aquatic-Ape aspect is interesting, to bad it's all fake.

Yes, it sucks.
They have played it repeatedly several months apart, and each time someone has started a thread.... thinking it might possibly be real.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
You can't breed a human with a fish.
I tried for years with my goldfish but they kept exploding
The speculation is not about 'breeding' but 'evolving' to become a marine mammal (whales, seals, dolphins, sea lions etc etc). They're mammals and breathe air. It certainly is a possibility If at any point in evolution our ancestors branched out into the oceans for food and thus developed the ability to dive for prolonged period and live like the dolphins, whales and other marine mammals. As in natural selection, we adopt the surroundings and develop necessary traits (tails, webbing of the palm etc). I certainly think its legit since there have been folklore and numeroud cave paintings depicting them in ancient egypt. Sea going captains/pirates have described them in their stories. Normally folklores/stories/epics/legends/mythology/religion etc are few ways the information is preserved and passed down to the next generation.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Yes, it sucks.
They have played it repeatedly several months apart, and each time someone has started a thread.... thinking it might possibly be real.

Yea verilly
Animal Planet, et al

I must have been living under a rock, well actually dealing with a pretty complex life this last year or so with illness in my family taking most of my non-work time.

I'd never heard of the first "documentary" and actually watched some of the second, newer one "New Evidence" before calling "BS" when I saw the "naval officer', and hit the interwebs.

I'm LIVID that Animal Planet didn't run a disclaimer ahead of time: I do NOT watch "Dancing with the stars", "Survivor", "Idol" or any such trash, and I sure as hell didn't want to waste my time on that trashy crap. If they want to put that junk on, FINE: Run a disclaimer first.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Bah, a mermaid is one of my good friends. We even made their wedding cake...

www.facebook.com...

(Raven is the friend).

Personally, I think that mermaid legends stem from other misidentified sea life such as sea lions, seals, manatees, etc. But real man/fish hybrids? No, and from completely different types of animal life.... A dolphin/man hybrid would be at least a bit more plausible.

join