It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a strange experience with a Ouija board?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forests
Now that is a LINKY!

Thanks, love! Darryl Forests

Are you by chance THE Darryl Forests?

If so can I get your autograph?

Both "Darryl forests" and "DinoCrisis" are the same person, it is an attempt to blacklist my username. This guys real name is "MU" you can read his internet abuse and trolling here:

Don't be fooled by his comments, and yes this guy does speak to himself on the internet. He has been making countless fake accounts of me on the internet known as "Darryl forests" or "dinocrisis", and fake accounts of other paranormal believers such as Mac and eveshi or skeptics such as Jon Donnis. I am not sure why he spends his spare time doing this, he has nothing to do but cyber bully people on the internet. His internet trolling is well known and he has been banned on countless forums for pretending to be different people. I request from the admins that you delete all of his threads and ban this user. Re: Astrology As Science

MU!! has been trolling numerous websites and newgroups, Usenet in particular, for over a decade. Do a Google search on names like "Ari Silverstein", "Frank Camper", or "wilburn" (preferably in combination with "Usenet", e. g. ["Ari Silverstein" Usenet], ["Frank Camper" Usenet], [wilburn Usenet]) to see the full dimension of his trolling.

MU!!, under his various names, often claims to be this person (or uses sockpuppets to create rumors about himself to that effect). However, he does the same with remote viewing researcher Courtney Brown (en.wikipedia.org...), so it's most probably just bull#ting and attention seeking in both cases.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Are you by chance THE Darryl Forests?

The One, the Only, lover.

If so can I get your autograph?

You wish you had that much cashola.

Darryl Forests
Expensive

edit on 27-7-2013 by Forests because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
To make it more interesting and to see how ridicules the board is, change the subject of the board from Spirts/ghosts to EBs on Planet Serpo... If you make contact, please post back.

Bud16

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
as a demonologist and spiritualist i would say don't mess with paranormal with drink in you , you should never mess with Ouija , you can put your family blood line in danger , would you drink and drive with your family in a car that's how bad theses things are , i don't judge people i help them , its just my professional opinion , if you ever need to chat or Skype about paranormal message me ,,,

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ouija boards are very dangerous, what you're doing is giving authorization for the demon (ghosts being people who died is an Hollywood/new age invention) to move your body (hand), as it wishes. Just think about that...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My friend and I made one from a poster board so it was large and a paper planchette and it worked after a few tries. At first I thought he was doing it but later I cold tell he wasn't pushing the planchette. We asked if there were any spirits that wanted to connect with us and we got a yes. We asked if the spirit wanted to harm us, etc. and it was safe. We asked it if we could ask it some questions and it replied with a yes. We asked it what it liked before it became a spirit (it was having trouble spelling because the connection wasn't strong enough yet) and it roughly spelled something and it was closest to the word anime. Now, my friend and I both watch anime, so this probably sounds like complete BS, but please bear with me. I asked if it meant anime and it said yes. I asked it what it's favourite anime was, maybe it knew we liked anime and was messing with us or something like that. And it said " NEDN " so I asked it if it meant neon, and I asked if it was neon genesis Evangelion and it went to yes. I asked who it's favourite character was and it replied "shingi" (spelled it wrong but that's close to the main characters name) during this my friend and I had to reconnect a couple times because ashes from the insence was making the board grainy and we god disturbed by my friends mom. Each time we asked if the spirit was the same one from before and it said yes. We noticed our hands (only the ones touching the planchette) were really cold, possibly from waving that hand around. We asked its gender but it didn't remember. It said its name was May and it wanted to be my friend. At one point my friend asked if they knew either of us and he made an attempt to spell out my name. We asked other stuff and my friend brought us up again. He tried to spell my name, it was close, one letter was replaced with a b. My friend asked if he was trying to say my name and it went to yes. This is when things got creepy. He said "is"and my friend asked *name* is? *name* is what? And they spelled *name* is red. I was really freaked out because at first I thought it was referring to blood, I was all like wtf and my friend told me to look at my clothes and my shirt was red, I didn't notice because I had just taken off my jacket. My friend asked if there was anything else about us and it spelled out boy (my friend is FTM transgender, this is how its relavent) and I don't remember to well but my hand got tingly and colder. It said yes when my friend asked if it could see us. I felt something behind me. I sh*t you not. All of a sudden we were interrupted when it spelled out mean man. It was scary AF. My friend asked about the mean man. The board said help so we asked what we could do to help. Apparently there wasn't anything to do about the mean man. My friend asked it to abbreviate mean man to MM and it listens. The connection was really strong and it was going faster. We asked if we were safe and it said yes. We asked about mean man and if the spirit was okay. It said yes when my friend asked if it was happy. We wondered how it was safe even with the mean man. We asked if the spirit was keeping us safe and it said yes. It has specified it was a weak spirit so that was probably why the planchette was going crazy. My friend quickly ended the session. Our hands were cold and tingly. It was creepy. We used candles and sandalwood insence.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anjola
I tried a Ouija board for the first time a couple nights ago. There were four of us playing (ages 30-55) and it honestly seemed like the planchette moved independent of the group. However, it only spelled gibberish and we gave up after about 20 minutes. I do trust the others playing to not have consciously moved the planchette, but we were all a little tipsy at the time - so who knows.

I'm just curious what people's experiences have been - whether bad, good, weird, accurate, completely wrong or simply nothing at all.

Thanks!

(bolded for emphasis)

That statement alone should turn on some lights....it's not that one "consciously" moves a ouija board...but very subtle subconscious movements do it for you. It's called the ideomotor effect. It's a well documented and established phenomena in the psychological community. There are actually some pretty neat youtube videos demonstrating the effect as well. Nothing demonic or supernatural about it unfortunately.

With all that said... if you can get it to move without anyone touching it, you'd have my undivided attention.

A2D
edit on 9-1-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow that Penn and Teller debunking video was awful...I tried to watch most of it but couldn't, and I was interested in hearing about a scientific explanation too. It is creepy that Hasbro made it...Illuminati?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
(bolded for emphasis)

That statement alone should turn on some lights....it's not that one "consciously" moves a ouija board...but very subtle subconscious movements do it for you. It's called the ideomotor effect. It's a well documented and established phenomena in the psychological community. There are actually some pretty neat youtube videos demonstrating the effect as well. Nothing demonic or supernatural about it unfortunately.

With all that said... if you can get it to move without anyone touching it, you'd have my undivided attention.

A2D

You are missing the point demonstrated by the Ouija board. Which is that messages or statements are conveyed that are - or prove in the future to be - significant to one or more of the sitters. The Ouija board is NOT meant to be a demonstration of psychokinesis, as you seem mistakenly to think. It is meant to convey information in answers to questions that indicate some source OTHER than the minds of the sitters. The communicating spirit is telepathically transmitting answers to verbal questions to the passive minds of the sitters. Their subconscious minds receive the answer and through the ideomotor effect push the glass or pointer without any conscious awareness of doing so. Psychologists focus on the mechanics (which they can explain) and ignore the paranormal content of the answers (which they cannot explain), such as warnings about the future that get confirmed (precognition), revelations about someone present but not touching the pointer that the sitters did not know about at the time (clairvoyance), etc. Giving a scientific label to what causes movement of the Ouija board is just a cheap way of ignoring the complete phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

No, you are missing the point. The subconscious mind can and does completely make random crap up...often times this is called the IMAGINATION. There is no "communicating spirit"...other than those sitting at the table. There is no supernatural phenomena to be seen with a ouija board...sorry.

If the movement comes from the subconscious, then so, most likely, does the message...simple as that.

A2D
edit on 10-1-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I decided to use the Ouija board while in my basement when I was with my friend. We used it between 10-11:30ish pm. We're both girls (I'm 19 and she's 18) and it was our first time using it. We were a little skeptical, but still sort of believed in all of this spiritual stuff. We put 4 little, white candles at the corners of the board, and put a cirlcle of sea salt around the board as well. (We saw to do these while searching through google, and decided to try it.)

The first time we tried it, it didn't work. We had tried "warming up the board" by moving around the planchette and asking if there was a spirit in the room. Nothing. So we ended the session and then tried again.

So, the first time it actually worked, we asked several times if someone was with us. The planchette had moved to YES. Then we asked if it was a B (boy) or G (girl). It went to the letter G. Then we asked its name and it spelt out D-I-E. So we said GOODBYE and closed the board. We were pretty shaken up and, not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes. I kept asking, "Em, do you promise it wasn't you?" And she assured me that it wasn't. And same went for me; I assured her I wasn't moving around the planchette. We even swore on it using our "best friend promise". Judge all you want, but by using that we knew neither of us had been the one to move it around.

We weren't going to end trying out the board that quickly, though. The second time we (luckily?) had gotten another spirit. We asked if it was the same person, it hesitated towards YES but went to NO. Then we asked if it was a boy or girl, and it went to G. But we didn't say to go to B or G, so we thought it was the first spirit again. We had asked again and it said it wasn't. But we saw online that the spirits are liars so you have to be careful. So we then started asking basic questions: we asked if it was married, she went to YES. We asked her name, if she was married (she was), her husband's name, how old she was when she died (76) and the year she was born (1757). She said she had red hair and green eyes. She had 6 kids. Then we were starting to get uncomfortable as we were sitting cross-legged on my basement floor, so before we left the session we asked if she had something to say before we were about to say GOODBYE. It went to YES. We asked what it had to say. It then went to spell out S-O-R-R-Y. We asked for what, and it spelt out K-I-L-L. We were getting nervous. We asked how many people she killed. She went to the number 3. We asked why, and it spelt out E-V-I-L. So we said GOODBYE (politely) and closed the board. We didn't want to find out if the spirit itself was evil, or the 3 people she killed were evil.

And now, I just want to keep trying it out. But, I know not to use it alone. Although, I sort of want to try it alone to see it it actually works. Not that I didn't believe my friend when she said she wasn't moving the planchette around, but just to be 100% sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join