It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the USA deceived? Or its' citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I need this for a school project and would love some ideas that would be worth bringing up

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

we believe we have true freedom. When in reality since the declaration of independence was drawn up our freedom is been slowly taken away through laws and political correctness and corporations. More so now than in the early years.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Some context is needed. Deceived in what way? Deceived in counterfeit brake pads? Goobers peddling a lucky prize on the Carnival Midway? People thinking their national vote makes a real difference? There are a lot of ways that can be read?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

How? by being lied to. By being tricked into getting a loan then getting their homes taken away by the banks

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

We have deceived ourselves into believing we know what is best for everyone else.

We can't even decide between Pepsi and Coke.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's historical events and current events regarding the US. Mostly serious ones should be considered, it's for a speech! Thanks for the contributions everyone

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, the main culprit is the MSM. They are part of the daily routine for many people in this country, and lots of people trust every word they say. I'd say they're a good starting point for your project.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Weve been deceived by exchanging our liberty for security.

Youre welcome in advance.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We have been deceived into thinking the central bank (Federal reserve) was a government agency looking out for the good of the entire economy. instead we realize they are a private institution looking out for their family of bankers. .

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Hi,
I'd hate to think that if we take the D and the 2nd E out of FEDERAL we will have the answer;

Only a domesticated animal can become feral?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I think the biggest deception is that a huge military budget will keep our nation and its citizens safe.
While I believe a strong army and top technology is vital to our nations security it really feeds the rich to become richer and all the while our Gov't is killing us from the inside like a cancer.

The whole Monsatno thing and the Monsatanto protection act...the rounding up of bees resistant to monsanto pesticides...allowing wal mart to dump toxins into the environment...fracking...outsoucing of jobs in the name of profits while wanting to grant 11 million illegals legal status...

Our elected officials grant themselves the best health care in the world for life and will tell you that we are not entitled to the same thing. They make millions off of insider trading knowledge but will throw you you in jail if you do it. And its ok according to the ethics committee

Our gov't is killing us in the name of profits and votes

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
constantly being brainwashed through all forms of media to buy into a system that serves a mandate of cyclic mind programs

pay your taxes, do not question, work, feel pathetic and weak, obey, consume

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We are deceived by accepting this economic system... One where we are charged to exist on our own planet.
This is ultimate con game, you are not free, you are FORCED to join into the conventions of this world because we
Fail to see that we are charged by other to live on this planet, an abomination of nature.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You aren't very specific in your question. Also, why are you getting us to do your research for you? You've already came to the right place and can easily use the search function to find many topics talking about ongoing and past deceptions that the USA has done to the people equipped with sources to outside sites so that you can use them in your sources.

Personally, I wish I had an assignment like yours, I'd enjoy doing the research and then presenting this subject material to my class.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
You aren't very specific in your question. Also, why are you getting us to do your research for you? You've already came to the right place and can easily use the search function to find many topics talking about ongoing and past deceptions that the USA has done to the people equipped with sources to outside sites so that you can use them in your sources.

Personally, I wish I had an assignment like yours, I'd enjoy doing the research and then presenting this subject material to my class.

I'm not getting anyone to do any research for me. I'm simply asking for ideas, as I do my own work into the research. No where on this thread did I ask anyone to research anything, I'm asking for an idea that they already know about to spark some ideas for my project.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, so if this has already been said please forgive me.

Constitutional rights for you and me are a myth, the reality of it is that the constitution prevents government entities AND BUSINESS, and us from infringing on each other's GOD Given rights.

I'm not religious, but anyway....

Rights are not a permit to do anything you please just because you can, you cannot lawfully drive recklessly at ridiculously high speeds and endanger the safety of others just because you think you have the right to, because you don't . And I know there will be some ignorant fool who will dispute what I just wrote, but the issue is not freedom but liberty, so you igno's just put a sock in it.

You cannot lawfully take liberties which endanger your, or anyone else's safety freedom or liberty. If you want to blow your brains all over the wall, somebody else has to clean up the mess, and you are infringing on their liberties by forcing them to have to do so.

There is really no such thing as freedom in this world, true and complete freedom means you don't need to eat or breathe, you do not need shelter or have to purchase goods to survive and live your life from others, Freedom is for animals and the dead.

Your entire reality is an illusion to exploit you for your wealth, labor, and in the end , your very life.

You are ruled in the same way you were ruled 10000 years ago, only technology has changed.

Go flip on the TV and crack open a brew, you never really read this, it was a dream, like one of those you have while you are dozing off on the bus or train, life is really all warm and fuzzy and pain free.

Rights and liberty rely heavily on conscience, and this world is in rather short supply of that, do unto others as you would have others do unto you, or just keep doing what you're doing, you do have the right to do it the easy way, and the obligation to pay the toll for being lazy.

Easy!!!!.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

America, the 'Land of the Free' has the highest incarceration rate of any country in the world.

The reasons for this are extensive, and can easily fill any length of speech. You would probably find that it is hard to stay under the allotted time limit.

Was this the actual assignment, a speech on American deception? If so that would be a pretty unique teacher. He/she knows how to think outside of the box and that is a valuable skill to have. Don't let all of the negativity towards the country be the only point of view you take from this assignment though. This country was founded and led by geniuses for the first 150 years, but those days are long gone.
edit on 29-5-2013 by SouthernForkway26 because: Updated it with the fact that US leads the world, not just developed countries

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just remember the words of George Carlin: "It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." We have been deceived into thinking that this is "Gods Country." and all that patriotic clap trap.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's many things we've been deceived on. Way to many to count.

One of the main ones would be that the U.S.A. is "free." People love to say, and boast that we live in a "free" society, but in all reality were not free at all. However, we are privileged.

We have the privilege to obtain a drivers license, we have the privilege to vote, we have the privilege to own a house, etc. And when you run all of these things through your head, and swap the word "freedom" with "privilege" it begins to make much more sense.

We've been brainwashed, or deceived, if you will, into thinking were some kind of beacon of freedom, so much so that we fell the need to try and spread it to other countries. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. are prime examples. The ultimate goal is not to provide the world with "freedom" it all boils down to control. Greedy, maybe you could even say war-mongers are in charge of our country, and of course they have their corporate, and banking buddies right there egging them on. In order for our capitalistic culture to survive, it has to grow, and when you need a system to grow, your usually going to end up with conquest. And it's pretty fair to say the U.S. is very much so in a state of conquest right now. This sort of thing has happened many, many times.

new topics

top topics

join