It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadi Motivation (Disturbing Essay Episode 3) Come On In, It's Short.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Charles , your a Religious man, Can I let another Religious man answer the Question you poised to me?

"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East." -- John Sheehan, S.J.

Can you answer the question and stop deflecting??

Does "Death to Israel, and Death to America" get cancelled when we leave?

Can we really take a chance on backing off radical Muslims? It’s not getting any nicer in the ME….if anything, things are getting worse.

Iran Presidential Candidates Rush to Establish Hardline Credentials on Nuclear Program

edit on 29-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You seem up on History. Have we ever had Christians killing Christians? Have Roman Catholics ever killed Roman Catholics? Have Jews ever killed Jews?

Nice deflection I could have a field day if this was in the political madness forum keep on defending the 'relgious extremists' in the middle east.

And bash the hell out those Christians in this country.(earlier political reference) www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course in the ME you can't take the name of religion away people get killed for it.

edit on 29-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Can you answer the question and stop deflecting??

Does "Death to Israel, and Death to America" get cancelled when we leave?

Deflecting?
How can I possibly answer a Question that needs Events in the Future to Occur?
I've never had a Post in the "Dreams and Predictions" Index, why would I start here.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You seem up on History. Have we ever had Christians killing Christians? Have Roman Catholics ever killed Roman Catholics? Have Jews ever killed Jews?

Nice deflection I could have a field day if this was in the political madness forum keep on defending the 'relgious extremists' in the middle east.
No Deflection my good man.
I merely negated what you thought was a intelligent point, by stressing, it was not Uncommon to Every Religion.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

From your quotes...

First, the U.K. and others are in Afghanistan in order to defend Muslims. Brits and other Westerners are risking their lives, and dying, in that country on behalf of Muslims.

You mean they aren't in Afghanistan to fight the war on terror and ensure that Afghanistan doesn't become a safe haven for terrorists? Because thats what I heard from an American news channel a few years back.

The very idea that Brits and Westerners would risk their lives for Muslims on a different continent is laughable.

There is something of great significance to be learned from this. In the Muslim world today, it is hatred of the West, not love of -- or even concern for -- fellow Muslims, that animates Muslim atrocities and terror against the West.

You might find a mirror image of this in the Muslim world....perhaps they believe that the West is driven by a hatred of Islam.

When the West bombs Muslims its all in the name of freedom (or whatever else they are calling it these days)... it can never be wrong.
When Muslim civilians are killed, we are told to suck it up and deal with it. When Muslims fight back.... they are terrorists and insurgents who hate you because you love freedom.

So, on the issue of the West fighting in Afghanistan, the Muslims and the left need to make up their minds: Is killing the Taliban a service or a disservice to Muslims?

If a foreigner kills the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church, would he be doing a great service to Americans... or would he be a foreign terrorist who killed American citizens?

edit on 29-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Deflecting?
How can I possibly answer a Question that needs Events in the Future to Occur?
I've never had a Post in the "Dreams and Predictions" Index, why would I start here.

Don’t we all make decisions in life based on perceived potential outcomes? For instance, if you entertain the idea of going in late to work tomorrow (assuming you have a job) won’t you consider the potential outcomes of that decision? Maybe the outcome is good and you have a great day at the beach. Maybe the outcome is bad and you get fired.

DO YOU BELIEVE "Death to Israel, and Death to America" get cancelled when we leave?

Take an (un)educated guess. You and I both know the answer.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No Deflection my good man.

Oh?

Then point out where it says 'Christian' or 'jew' here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I merely negated what you thought was a intelligent point, by stressing, it was not Uncommon to Every Religion.

Negated nothing deflected yes talk about everyone but Jihad by muslim supremacist's, then sought to throw everything including the kitchen sink not to talk about about it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And bash the hell out those Christians in this country.(earlier political reference) www.abovetopsecret.com...
My bad, I'm responding to two Posters , and just able to reply to the Post that included this 'Neo96ism"

Help me Neo.... how , and where , does my post "bash the hell" out of Christians?

I realize your Blind Hatred affects your Logical Thinking, But I didn't realize it actually Blinded You.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The very idea that Brits and Westerners would risk their lives for Muslims on a different continent is laughable.

It is…but that wasn’t the reason we went….it’s one of the reasons we haven’t left.

You might find a mirror image of this in the Muslim world....perhaps they believe that the West is driven by a hatred of Islam.

Maybe that’s what led them to attack us long before we took the fight there.

When the West bombs Muslims its all in the name of freedom (or whatever else they are calling it these days)... it can never be wrong.

Really?

Good afternoon. On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations, and to attack the military capability of the Taliban regime. ~ Pres Bush
middleeast.about.com...

If someone kills the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church, would he be doing a great service to Americans... or would he be a terrorist who killed American Christian citizens?

When did the Westboro Baptist Church attack and kill Americans - NEVER? You left out that part!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

My bad, I'm responding to two Posters , and just able to reply to the Post that included this 'Neo96ism"

Help me Neo.... how , and where , does my post "bash the hell" out of Christians?

I realize your Blind Hatred affects your Logical Thinking, But I didn't realize it actually Blinded You.

Negated nothing deflected yes talk about everyone but Jihad by muslim supremacist's, then sought to throw everything including the kitchen sink not to talk about about it.

Thank you for proving the above comment.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe that’s what led them to attack us long before we took the fight there.

Or maybe other events led to it?... that is, going by the official version of those events. That would be an entirely different debate.

Good afternoon. On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

Ok, did they find all those hi-tech caves that they believed existed in Afghanistan?

When did the Westboro Baptist Church attack and kill Americans - NEVER? You left out that part!!

The question still remains...

If someone kills the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church, would he be doing a great service to Americans... or would he be a terrorist who killed American Christian citizens?
Which would it be?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Don’t we all make decisions in life based on perceived potential outcomes? For instance, if you entertain the idea of going in late to work tomorrow (assuming you have a job) won’t you consider the potential outcomes of that decision? Maybe the outcome is good and you have a great day at the beach. Maybe the outcome is bad and you get fired.

DO YOU BELIEVE "Death to Israel, and Death to America" get cancelled when we leave?
Well, lets use what we have available to us in situations common to the one we are discussions.
History...
Japan ceased to want to kill Americans after WW2, so did the Germans.
After the Cold War, the Threats to Both Superpowers subsided.
So, I think after we stop Killing them, they may Stop Hurting Our feelings , and Stop the Chants..

Seabag, I never realized you were Upset by words, I thought you were a tad bit more Manly.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, You used to be a Challenge to Debate,

Now, I just find your posts amusing, but after a Days work, (yes Seabag), Amusing has its place.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I haven't read through all of this yet, but I'd like to point out that it is absurd that people don't realise the absurdity of "THEY HATE US BECAUSE OF OUR FREEDOMS!" as being a valid argument for why so many of these people hate the US and the West.

Some snippets:

Attempted Underwear Bomber's
“I had an agreement with at least one person to attack the United States in retaliation for U.S. support of Israel and in retaliation of the killing of innocent and civilian Muslim populations in Palestine, especially in the blockade of Gaza, and in retaliation for the killing of innocent and civilian Muslim populations in Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan and beyond, most of them women, children, and noncombatants."

Attempted Times Sq Bomber
When asked by the judge at his trial in New York how he could bring himself to kill innocent people, Shahzad replied: "Well, the drone hits in Afghanistan and Iraq, they don’t see children, they don’t see anybody. They kill women, children, they kill everybody."

Bin Laden
First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples. If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans’ continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

I in no way condone the actions of any of these individuals, if I even need to say that...

It isn't a hidden thing that the US interfered in the power structure of many muslim countries for personal gain (Iran with the Shah, Afghanistan with the Mujahideen and Pakistan against the Russians, Iraq with its oil, etc.). It is something of a fallacy to claim that the US is only fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan. Inaccurate and callous drone attacks (which HAVE killed many civilians, including women and children), assassanation orders doled out like candy (including, without due process, those of american citizens), redefinition of what an "enemy combatant" is to allow the minimum fallout from widespread unchecked attacks, redefinition and vagueness of stuff like "torture" and "interrogation", unchecked and unpunished brutality by US-led soldiers...these are the things that do not exactly endear the US to all the countries it happens to have an aggressive military presence in.

Heck, even the guys who support the US have no recourse:

Farea Al-Muslimi, a Pro-American Yemeni
Just six days ago, my village was struck by a drone, in an attack that terrified thousands of simple, poor farmers. The drone strike and its impact tore my heart, much as the tragic bombings in Boston last week tore your hearts and also mine.

What radicals had previously failed to achieve in my village one drone strike accomplished in an instant: there is now an intense anger and growing hatred of America.
I have to say that the drone strikes and the targeted killing program have made my passion and mission in support of America almost impossible in Yemen.

Things aren't always as simple as "Us==Good, Them==Bad".
edit on 29-5-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Things aren't always as simple as "Us==Good, Them==Bad".

Unfortunately that's exactly what the whole thing is often whittled down to.

Only survivors of a drone bombing know the "terror" that a drone brings. Those who terrorize civilians come in all colors and shapes. Some of them are even led by a Nobel peace prize winner.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Strike 1 www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strike 2 www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have anything to say about muslim jihad or just rather wage 'jihad' against other posters?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2013 by neo96 because: whoops

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Ok, did they find all those hi-tech caves that they believed existed in Afghanistan?

Deflection! You said we went to war “all in the name of freedom” and I proved you wrong. Deal with it!

The question still remains...

Which would it be?

You asked “if a foreigner killed the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church” not just “someone”. You're still missing the fact that Westboro Baptist Church never went to another country and killed a few thousand people first.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You asked “if a foreigner killed the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church” not just “someone”. You're still missing the fact that Westboro Baptist Church never went to another country and killed a few thousand people first.

They started blowing up planes, and embassies, and barracks, and buildings first til they became 'more 'successful' the last 40+ years is proof enough long before 9-11.

Their entire 'argument' is political dogma.
edit on 29-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Double

edit on 29-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join