It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crippled Lion and dogs--Buddies

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A 500-pound lion and an 11-pound dog have formed an unlikely friendship, proving that cats and dogs really can get along. Bonedigger the lion and Milo the dachshund live together at Garold Wayne Exotic Animal Park in Wynnewood, Okla., along with three other dogs.

The puppies were introduced to Bonedigger in 2008 when he was just a 4-week-old cub. A metabolic bone disease rendered the lion mildly disabled. Park president Joe Schreibvogel - who goes by the name "Joe Exotic" - thinks the lion's state has something to do with the connection the animals formed.

"The dogs thought it was just a big puppy...'

Exotic says that Milo and his littermates sensed that Bonedigger was crippled, and they sought to protect him. Today, the animals cuddle, dine on raw meat together and even mimic each other.

shine.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Awesome, love stuff like this. Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love stuff like this
thanks MuzzleBreak

Although this is a feel good thread in every sense, I'm going to bring a bit of a downer to it.

Seeing stuff like this in nature or captivity always makes me think of us and how we struggle to get along, fair enough we have language barriers but these creatures have genetic barriers too! yet still they find a way to co-exist in harmony and mutual benefit.

It really makes you think why we don't get along as humans, same species, same emotions and the same needs yet we always find a rift between us.

Nature always finds a way so why can we not too?

To lighten the mood again I found the cutest cat and dog picture I could find

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I love this ! Here are a few more unusual animal friendships

enjoy
leolady

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP - I love these things.

Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I go to youtube and search "animal friends" and it always makes me smile!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thank you MuzzleBreak for posting this heartwarming story. Sometimes I wish more people acted like animals instead of people

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I like these kind of threads the best the friendships made between animals.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Really cool the way some of the different species are getting along together. Like to see this stuff, thanks for posting.

new topics

top topics

join