It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P Samson

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My dog got run over yesterday. His name was Samson, he was a brown and black dachshund and probably one of the coolest dogs I've had. He was so freaking chill, just sleep all day if I'd let him. Super loving, and had an awesome personality.

But, his adventurous spirit got the best of him in the end. He weaseled out of the yard and didn't stand a chance.

Growing up we always had dogs, and more than a few met an early demise. My father always put them down himself if they were suffering. Sadly I was at work when it happened and the P.D. took him to the vet. I rushed home and then rushed to the vet, had to wait like half an hour before I could see him, and he was just suffering in a foreign place. Finally I got into see him and had to make a call. The doc said that I was looking at $400 dollars minimum for X-rays and further diagnostics, and who know how much for surgery.

We're not wealthy, and with a broken pelvis I doubt he would have much of a life if we could have him operated on. So I told the vet to put him down, the sooner the better. Poor guy was in shock, didn't even look like himself. I just held his face and looked him in the eyes and said "good boy."

It was tough for me to do that, and the kids were totally wrecked. I now understand how my dad felt when our dogs had to go, I was always the teary eyed kid in the scenario, but being the parent in that situation was a whole different thing. I think I was more upset about the girls being distraught then I was about my buddy being gone.

So cheers, Samson. I might not believe in god, but doesn't mean I can't believe in doggie heaven.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

To Samson.....
.......all dogs go to Heaven, whether we believe it exists or not.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your baby.

My condolences.

R.I.P. Samson.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear of you losing your friend. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A toast to your dearly departed best little pal:

May your ears always be flapping in the wind.
May you always remember where you buried your bone.
And may that damn neighbour's cat pee on the electric fence.

For you Samson.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Please accept my condolences on your painful loss. I'm sure he's given you oodles of tender and even funny moments. But I agree, being the parent in that situation really sucks.

My favorite dog died six years ago and I awoke in such a peaceful and happy mood recently after a most wonderful dream about him. I wish the same for you.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss, this might help you with some of your grief:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

edit on 5/29/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your pupper.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Awww man...So sorry to read this.
May his path be paved with

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

My heart breaks for you and your family, having to loose a wonderful, beloved pet/pal/ family member. Yes, they are family to us...not just a furry someone/something in our lives.

Weird dealy, I was just thinking of various pets I had throughout my lifetime tonite and I started to just bawl like a baby. I did that each time I had one pass on or leave my life in some way. It is something you hardly ever get over...it is something you have to work through....work through the pain and loss. They live on forever in our memory. I hope that Rainbow Bridge poem is for real....I would know for sure I was in Heaven if all my lil buddies were there to greet me and be with me forever. I'm not religious either but I still hope there is an afterlife where we can be with loved ones again..human ones and our pet ones...it's all the same...they are all family and all loved. Blessings and hug to you and hang in there. I know just how you feel...it's rough, I know.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks everyone
freaking dogs, man. I'm going to write a book about them and call it "Dogs of Our Lives."

top topics

join