It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the type of face off that we should be reading more about between police and citizens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Local cop wins beach guitar showdown

A man must pay an open-alcohol violation ticket in full after losing a guitar showdown with Sgt. Anderson RCMP were on foot patrol on MacKenzie Beach and discovered a group of about 12 drinking alcohol on the beach on May 18 around 6: 15 p.m. One member of the group was playing a guitar and he advised police the liquor being drank by the group belonged to him and took responsibility for the violation ticket.

The man asked police if he could receive a discount on the fine and Sgt. Anderson responded, "Only if you can play the guitar better than me."

The man accepted the challenge and played a Johnny Cash song.

Sgt. Anderson countered with the song Signs by The Five Man Electrical Band, according to Sgt. Anderson. The scene attracted a large group of spectators all of whom chose Anderson as the competitions winner.

"A lot of fun was had by all, even though no discount was given," Anderson says.

www.westerlynews.ca...

Just some good news where it comes to cops. We see plenty of the bad news stories here about them so I thought I would throw out something a little different.

I don't deny the wrong doing by the others and will be the first to condemn them for those wrong doings( anyone who listens to ATS Live knows that ),I just think balance is needed now and then to show they aren't all the thugs people make them out to be.
edit on 29-5-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Awesome story.

Would have been better if they were fiddle players and played The Devil Went Down To Georgia though.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You mean *GASP* there was a cop that was a decent human being?
I don't believe it. lol

Good for him.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So the cop can allow less punishment for an otherwise victimless crime, if he so chooses - or if he likes someone.

That makes me wanna puke, really..

"Hey I like you, I won't fine you as much."
"Hey I don't like you, I'm going to harass you within legal limits."

no difference.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You mean *GASP* there was a cop that was a decent human being?
I don't believe it. lol

Good for him.

????

He did what now?

lol

wow..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
So the cop can allow less punishment for an otherwise victimless crime, if he so chooses - or if he likes someone.

That makes me wanna puke, really..

"Hey I like you, I won't fine you as much."
"Hey I don't like you, I'm going to harass you within legal limits."

no difference.

He can give them a warning....He chose the fine and the challange and won....End of story, all was fun, tghe people took their booze elswhere and the cop did his job.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
X2 post.

second line.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Either a light just came on in Florida, or The Devil went down to Florida; I'm not sure which.

top topics

join