It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Son Just Realized Chicken Comes From....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by cody599

That's one of the best things about teaching young kids. They are so honest, and when they mix things up its hilarious.

I was teaching first grade several years ago and two of my boys got into an argument. I don't know what they were arguing over, but the fuss ended when one boy told the other,

"You're lying. And Jesus is going to come down from heaven and KILL you!"

Regained my composure now

My boy was annoying my girl once
It went something like this

*poke*

Elae

I sat and watched out of the corner of my eye.

*poke*

Elae die (die is enough in Hebrew)

*poke*

Elae die cavar (enough already)

*poke*

ELAE DIE Abbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (Elae enough daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad)

Elae stop annoying your sister

Wait 2 minutes

*poke*

ELAE DIE ........................................ ABBA

Elae pack it in now

wait 3-4 minutes

*poke*

and then in perfect English and perfect context

ELAE F*** OFF

I just looked at my ex wife and said

I can't imagine where she got that from

Thanks for the memory

Cody

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My son was much the same....
We used to go to town once a week and he was always amazed when we did...He developed his own names for most everything....
For some reason, (i never figured out) he took to calling the Salvation Army (where we shpped for odds and ends)thrift shop the" Godstore"

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yep that was an interesting conversation when my daughter asked that question it went a bit different...

We sit down and my Daughter grabs her favorite part of the Chicken, the Leg...then out of the blue...

"Dad what is chicken made of?"

I look at her and turn my head to the side cause I was sure I told her.

"Chicken you know like the little bird the kind that go Bock Bock!"

And I make the bobby head chicken dance...

She looks at it and then and me and then back at the leg and Laughs!

"HAHA Dad quit jokin I know you are teasing me!"(very articulate for a 5 year old believe me the kid was spooky). She shakes her finger and takes another bite.

"Chicken, HAHA very funny no stop pretendin, silly dad chicken isn't a bird!"

So I says
"Yes sweetie like the kind we saw at the farm the other day, BOCK BOCK BEEGOCK COCK-A-DOODLE DOO!!!

...Suddenly it hit her like a freight train and she slowly spit out the piece shes was eating into her hand...placed the leg on the plate and with utter horror looked up at me and 2 tears rolled down her cheeks...

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! IT WAS THAT CHICKEN?"

she starts balling....of course my totally inappropriate response is Laughter and that went over real well...with a huge wail!

"You are not teasing? cause it is not funny!" "It is the chickens, the ones who go bock bock?"

"No, I am not teasing...And yes bock, bock", I said softly.

I hug her and tell her it will be ok she doesn't have to eat it and she says in a small voice

"I love those little chickens..."
"I know sweetie" and I hug her again. A few moments pass...

"So why do they have to tastes so good?"

Muffled laughter at that point...
edit on 29-5-2013 by abeverage because: grammar and punctuation

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My Son Just Realized Chicken Comes From...

Chicken! That was a very cute story. I wouldn't worry about it too much, he'll forget again just as quickly as the rest of us do.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

And after this meal, we may be going vegetarian....

Yep, after about 3 days without those nuggets, or a burger, etc., he'll change his tune and be a lot less concerned.

Life is nourished by the death of other life. Simple as that. Whether killing a plant or an animal, we all survive by ingesting dead life. Even plants live off the decay of other life forms. We didn't design it, It simply is what it is. He seems a bright kid, and I'm sure he'll understand it much sooner than you think.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Now that my boys know where their food comes from, you better not let them near the animal or they'll try to murder it. Ask what they're doing... "I'm hungry!" 3 and 7.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Kids crack me up!

Similar happened to a cousin of mine. Picked her daughter up from school (kindergarden) and headed to the grocery store. Asked what they learned about, the daughter said something about where food comes from. Her mom thought that was a good topic.

They got to the store and when they walked into the meat department, the daughter went into a fit of rage and started to scream "murders" and pointing at all the meat. From that point on her daughter was a vegetarian, only one in the family.

Good luck with your son and all the questions!!!

(and here's hoping he doesn't ask about haggis)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

That's one of the best things about teaching young kids. They are so honest, and when they mix things up its hilarious.

I was teaching first grade several years ago and two of my boys got into an argument. I don't know what they were arguing over, but the fuss ended when one boy told the other,

"You're lying. And Jesus is going to come down from heaven and KILL you!"

Of course that would follow! Mine thought it was ridiculous they wouldn't call them hot-pigs!.

She is going into her teenage years and now realizes all the warping I have done. And says it is a wonder I believe you about anything Dad! I seem to recall telling her carrots scream when she was doing her vegetarian thing.

I will ask her tonight if she remembers.

Oh and in case anyone wonders she was a vegetarian for a time I believe shortly after another conversation about the fact that Hamburgers didn't come from Pigs...She still however eats very little meat.
edit on 29-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This thread is awesome!

Here is how I found out that we eat animals: When I was around 6, I had a rabbit. Our family went on a 2-week holiday in the summer, and the rabbit was to be taken care of by our part-time nanny. The night we returned from the holiday, she made us dinner because my parents were too tired from the drive home... YEP! you got it. That was my very own rabbit on the dinner table, and I found out DURING dinner.
Our nanny, who was from a farming family, explained that the rabbit got sick, and that she didn't want to let it go to waste.........

Beat that!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
lol when he grows up a bit, tell him that chicken eggs are actually Hen's waste remains from its period.

Yes we eat Hen's period!
!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
lol when he grows up a bit, tell him that chicken eggs are actually Hen's waste remains from its period.

Yes we eat Hen's period!
!

So glad I decided to eat my lunch at this time...

Oh and it is broccoli soup. But I loves me some EGGssssesss!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Wait until he asks about chicken eggs!!!
That should be a fun conversation!!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
All these responses reminded me of something that happened when I still taught Sunday school to five year olds.

The lesson that Sunday was about the Ten Commandments. We did the lesson, in kid friendly terms, and then we were going to play a game.

Before I could explain the game, one of the little girls raised her hand and asked, "Are you telling us that God's in charge of everything?"

"Yes," I said nervously. I was just a teenager and hadn't done a lot of teaching.

The girl thought about it for a moment, frowned, then said, " Well, somebody better tell my Mommy 'cause she thinks SHE'S in charge."

That one gave me a giggle. Especially when the parents picked her up and I could hear her explaining this as they walked out of the room...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Yes we eat Hen's period!
!

You know, I didn't know this until I was in high school. Grossed me out and I still don't like eggs. Blech.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

What did you do? I would have been traumatized for life.

Come to think of it, it's a good thing kids are so resilient, isn't it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ha - your story reminds me of that scene from Giant. Poor Pedro....

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by soulwaxer

What did you do? I would have been traumatized for life.

Come to think of it, it's a good thing kids are so resilient, isn't it.

I wasn't traumatized by it. It was more a feeling of awe. How could this have happened? I was a bit shocked, but above all I was just very curious. Also, soon after that, my dad brought home a big box full of baby chickens and I forgot all about it.

You know what I really think? I think that kids have no problem with death at all, until they are brainwashed by the culture of how horrible it is. I don't think death is horrible. I have had a woman die in my arms, and I had the same feeling I had when my wife gave birth to our children. They are both transitions to a new state, and they are both equally natural and powerful.

That's why kids are so resilient. They are more connected to the powers of nature. IMHO.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I forgot to mention earlier, did you realize that the chicken that we eat is actually rooster? And you know the other name for a rooster dont you?

Dont forget chicken nuggets......CHICKENS dont have nuggets, but roosters do!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

I forgot to mention earlier, did you realize that the chicken that we eat is actually rooster? And you know the other name for a rooster dont you?

Dont forget chicken nuggets......CHICKENS dont have nuggets, but roosters do!!

Nah dude, the average chicken from the market is Hen, not roosters. Its 80% female and 20% castrated males(which is pretty much female anyway, chemically speaking).

Female are chosen for their soft meat, Rooster have tough meat and muscle fibers.

Edit: also they kill of male chicks, type "male chicks killing" in youtube, Its disgusting, they just drop all the male chicks in grinders, ALIVE. But its the norm.....
edit on 5/29/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Really wish general topics etc were not included in the new topics live stream
this stuff is boring and not reflective of what people come to this site for.

It has its place in a sub forum which people who wish to read such items can go there and do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join