It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DragonBall Z theory. Can it be real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For a good portion of my childhood I distinctly remember having an abnormal fascination with DragonBall Z and tried mimicking many of the scenarios in Dragon Ball Z . For the last year or so I've been experimenting with mediations and the process of the "spiritual enlightenment" and just by the processes of spiritual enlightenment I began to question many aspects of society and question existence in it of itself. But I think this is possibly my biggest question. What if Dragonball Z could actually be real? Farfetched yes but here's just my two cents.

The earth itself its surrounded by electromagnetic fields or EMs (symbol). Humans produce their own electromagnetic fields as well. We have all this energy around us and we don't even realize it and we almost don't even feel the electromagnetic fields around us. When you get that weird "vibe" it's most likely an electromagnetic field. Lets stick with the idea that there is energy all around us that we as humans could use.

The process of "spiritual enlightenment" is trying to find yourself and your "inner self" (it varies with spiritualists but you get the idea). In a lot of the processes of spiritual enlightenment you will find yourself in deep mediations letting energies channel through your body. You will feel relaxed or "intimate" with yourself. What if through the deepest processes of mediation you could actually take that energy that is being channeled through your body and exert on something else? What if the energies that you are gathering in that mediation process could actually be used in almost like a force push or blast? If you can condition your mind to gather energies then couldn't you condition your mind to exert those same energies?

In the show itself all of the characters did rigorous to improve themselves but also did anyone ever catch how they all mediated too? All of the Z fighters seemed to have a "spiritual" sense to them. I vividly remember the process of Goku and Vegeta becoming Super Sayians. In order for them to become Super Sayians they needed to be pure of heart. Goku became pure of heart through "good" for lack of a better term. Vegeta become pure of heart through "evil". They both became the 2 most powerful characters in that T.V. show and the battles between Goku and Vegeta were always awesome. I felt the characters with the more human qualities like yamcha krillen tien were ultimately the weakest and those characters seemed to represent mankind in a way.

I think Dragon Ball Z style fights could be very real for those who can obtain the pure spiritual aspect of Dragon Ball Z could be like the Z fighters and even the most pure of heart will obtain the strongest powers through spiritual enlightenment. Maybe the Illuminati was created to suppress us all from becoming spiritual fighters or "Super Sayians." Tell me what you think below (no bashing) and opinions on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
edit on 29-5-2013 by irishpackerfan68 because: wanted to take out an unneeded part

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Talking about chi manipulation?

Plenty of people make claims, but they're never legit

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There were quite a few Super Saiyans that were not pure of heart if you remember.

Vegeta is super hot by the way.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by irishpackerfan68

S+F first of all.

Because iv'e always thought of this on the occasion. I think it's a case of, why not?

But maybe the only thing is that the human body or 'vessel' should i say may not be able to take in or handle that much energy. I remember them mentioning in DBZ about having the physical body to take the energy. So they have to train physically all the while if their bodies are to actually sustain forms or energy intakes.

It's a plausible idea,but hopefully not purely because i WANT it to happen, but the idea that it COULD happen. I do meditation solely to 'connect' myself to the existence of reality.

I mean, in the cartoon, did they not mention about 'find your center' on 'take flight videl' episode.

After all,we are made of the same stuff. And our bodies ARE a giant generator.

My main point is,why not?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

what is dragon ball z??? Is this a TV show about lawyers mediating??? OP please explain what a dragon ball is???

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was never a fan of that show but it would be interesting

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx

S+F first of all.

Because iv'e always thought of this on the occasion. I think it's a case of, why not?

But maybe the only thing is that the human body or 'vessel' should i say may not be able to take in or handle that much energy. I remember them mentioning in DBZ about having the physical body to take the energy. So they have to train physically all the while if their bodies are to actually sustain forms or energy intakes.

It's a plausible idea,but hopefully not purely because i WANT it to happen, but the idea that it COULD happen. I do meditation solely to 'connect' myself to the existence of reality.

I mean, in the cartoon, did they not mention about 'find your center' on 'take flight videl' episode.

After all,we are made of the same stuff. And our bodies ARE a giant generator.

My main point is,why not?

Exactly. Why not? It's like anything else in life why couldn't this happen. I honestly think there's something bigger than what's being put in front of us at our work desks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

It was a T.V. show that originally aired in America Oct 3 1995. Basically this was a show about fighters defending the earth from aliens that wanted to destroy it. Uhh its kind of hard to explain but basically these fighters used all kinds of energy to fly, to be incredibly fast and all this other really supernatural stuff. In a lot of the fights there was always a scenario of the fighters digging deeper within themselves. BUt really just watch a couple of the fights on youtube and you will get a general idea of what it is.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nope. Because, and I hate to break it to you, but DBz is just a cartoon with a reoccuring theme revolving around redemption, and in the DBz world good and evil are presented (as in most stories) as universal concepts that just don't translate to reality any more than the Lord of the Rings or Little House of the Prairie does. You see, what we view as 'good' and 'evil' are just cultural/genetic influences mixed with a whole lot of subjective opinion. Once you understand that and you see it in action in different cultures, it's not hard to dismiss universal concepts of good and evil entirely.

You might want to also research a bit about chi and how some in martial arts claims to be able to harness it. Although I'm not a complete skeptic on chi, I have doubts as to those who claim to be able to channel it in fighting, as in Dim Mak. Most of the cases I've seen where people tried to prove it to others, it was debunked, and it seems in all of those cases, chi only affects those who believe in it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thank you for explaining dragon ball z to me...much appreciated...I will have to watch some fighting on you tube...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin

Nope. Because, and I hate to break it to you, but DBz is just a cartoon with a reoccuring theme revolving around redemption, and in the DBz world good and evil are presented (as in most stories) as universal concepts that just don't translate to reality any more than the Lord of the Rings or Little House of the Prairie does. You see, what we view as 'good' and 'evil' are just cultural/genetic influences mixed with a whole lot of subjective opinion. Once you understand that and you see it in action in different cultures, it's not hard to dismiss universal concepts of good and evil entirely.

You might want to also research a bit about chi and how some in martial arts claims to be able to harness it. Although I'm not a complete skeptic on chi, I have doubts as to those who claim to be able to channel it in fighting, as in Dim Mak. Most of the cases I've seen where people tried to prove it to others, it was debunked, and it seems in all of those cases, chi only affects those who believe in it.

Don't dis my Dragonball Z or you will force me to shoot a Kamehameha at you.

Blah!!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay this thread makes me really happy because I watched Dragonball and DBZ as a kid. It was my go to tv show up until majin buu - because I realized it was the same fights over and over and over and it got repetitive.

And the whole spirit bomb thing, I would think "He's charging that spirit bomb, he's in the weakest position right now, and why are you talking for an episode?!"
But that's all besides the point.

I remember when Gohan was teaching his girlfriend how to make a basic ball of energy. He explained it so perfectly and I tried it, for like 5 minutes because I was 11. I always wondered if I would have gotten it with more practice.
As someone said, they did have to train their bodies to be able to handle how much energy they were using.
The process I think was something like this
- train the mind and emotions
- train the body
- train the spirit.

Goku was always so painfully honest and unaware at times. He is, essentially, forever child like in the way he sees and experiences the world. Unlike many humans who are into media, external mental stimulation, and the acceptance of any information thrown at them. He just, exists, and lives, and does what he feels is right and no one is going to stop him.

You just re-sparked an interest. I kind of want to watch DB and DBZ again.

At first they trained with giant turtle shells. Then they trained in areas with higher gravity. Yeah how does one get the 2nd type of training anyways?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Good and evil will always be debated. I understand completely were you're coming from instead of good and evil. Think positive and negative emotions. This actions makes me feel good. This action makes me feel bad. This action is making me feel good but ultimately its making me feel bad. It's all in the feels man

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

While I agree 100% that there is no universal "good" or "evil" because, as you said, most of it depends on culture and personal belief, I think that was an element thrown in to make it more of a TV show. To get the plot started and going. I try to think of selfish and unselfish instead of "good" and "evil"...

I mean, even in video games and movies that have some shred of truth, they're still going to add elements in to discredit that truth, or make the truth seem more like a plot builder. But this is just my opinion.
I think awareness has a lot to do with the information that is digested. Another anime that has a lot of truth in it is Bleach, but again it has some dumb aspects added to the mix. I really don't think one could made a movie, show, or game with 100% true knowledge. Seems like it would never be shown to the mass public for a variety of reasons.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xNightwing

i have done some studying on chi, and im not understanding why your discrediting chi. Can you embellish?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

And i'm not an expert of chi manipulation I have never even looked it up. I'm just in the state of mind if energy is all around us. My body can harness energy. I can use that energy. When you break it down like that why not?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Don't dis my Dragonball Z or you will force me to shoot a Kamehameha at you.

Blah!!!

How did you get that I'm bashing DBz out of that? I love DBz.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishpackerfan68

Good and evil will always be debated. I understand completely were you're coming from instead of good and evil. Think positive and negative emotions. This actions makes me feel good. This action makes me feel bad. This action is making me feel good but ultimately its making me feel bad. It's all in the feels man

And yet, when I do 'bad' things, I sometimes feel good. Go figure.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kroshka

When you move the line between good and evil around a bit, you get Vegeta, who was ultimately good, and didn't end up being a very believable character to me. In the beginning, he was a sociopath, and there is no known cure for sociopathy, even hugs and kisses.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishpackerfan68

And i'm not an expert of chi manipulation I have never even looked it up. I'm just in the state of mind if energy is all around us. My body can harness energy. I can use that energy. When you break it down like that why not?

Because your reasoning is very New Agey. It's like people claiming we only use 5% of our brains, and because of that we haven't yet tapped into all the paranormal and supernatural powers we have.

I'm not a skeptic on energy manipulation, I have just never seen solid proof for it, and more often than not, I've seen it debunked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join