It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake 5.3 California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

M 5.3 Earthquake 5km W of Isla Vista, California 4 mins ago – U.S. Geological Survey An earthquake with magnitude 5.3 occurred near Isla Vista, CA at 14:38:02.00 UTC on May 29, 2013 ...

A family member of mine just said it was a pretty good shaker and gave her a good scare. No immediate damage known. She lives on the coast near the epicenter.

edit on 29-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Showing as 4.6 rev back to 4.8

M4.8 - 5km W of Isla Vista, California
2013-05-29 14:38:03 UTC

[exEvent Time

2013-05-29 14:38:03 UTC
2013-05-29 07:38:03 UTC-07:00 at epicenter
2013-05-29 06:38:03 UTC-08:00 system time
34.413°N 119.926°W depth=8.0km (5.0mi)

Nearby Cities

5km (3mi) W of Isla Vista, California
8km (5mi) WSW of Goleta, California
20km (12mi) W of Santa Barbara, California
37km (23mi) W of Carpinteria, California
483km (300mi) SSE of Sacramento, California

USGS
edit on 29-5-2013 by lurksoften because: revised again 4.8

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Good to see it has been downgraded.
Always better than upgraded huh?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
already posted
edit on 29-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No need for a new post for this, please move this to the Earthquake Watch post. Now there will be a couple more posts on this because no one checks to see if it's been reported yet. This site gets lamer every day. Xenongod

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
No need for a new post for this, please move this to the Earthquake Watch post. Now there will be a couple more posts on this because no one checks to see if it's been reported yet. This site gets lamer every day. Xenongod

Have they made you moderator or admin when no one was looking? If the site is so lame. remove yourself from it and seek enjoyment elsewhere.

I have family that live in California. I am NOT checking the Super-Quake Watch thread for it's hundreds or thousands of posts to see what may have happened TODAY, and it's what I look at New Topics for. I appreciate the OP posting this, even if it is a Dupe (oops...it happens).

I've had more than one 6+ quake report with the same "I'm special so I can tell you where you are allowed to post it' crap, tagged on with a reply in minutes. Enough with the Mini-Mod delusions. If you aren't staff, stop acting like it. It's not cute. It's pathetic. (hops off soapbox) ..I had to get that out. It's become several times PER DAY for people telling OPs where they can or cannot post and what they can or cannot share. :shk:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xenongod

One look at your thread history and I can see you are an authority on lameness. Let the mods do their job please.

OP-thanks, star & flag

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thank you for your replies

I was not aware that I had to post in some gigantic watch thread that I know nothing about....

I have lots of family in California too.

Edit: I found the thread....95 pages....really?? Whatever

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

One look at your thread history and I can see you are an authority on lameness. Let the mods do their job please.

OP-thanks, star & flag

Haha, okay you seem to need a life here, not even a year old member with way too many posts in that time. You can have your pathetic life, have a nice day.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wish I felt it

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod

Originally posted by tanda7

OP-thanks, star & flag

Haha, okay you seem to need a life here, not even a year old member with way too many posts in that time. You can have your pathetic life, have a nice day.

Wait, so because someone actively posts and shares their thoughts, they have no life?
I'd say mini-modding is more of a no life than a post count.

Anyways, glad to hear there's not any immediate damage, hopefully everyone's okay.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Thank you for this thread...I have family in California...and they are safe. Hopefully this quake was just that part of the earth letting off some steam (so to speak) and adjusting itself.

new topics

top topics

join