It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into the mind of an EDL supporter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

How can we though? He has lived his entire life to adulthood in defiance of the need to know or understand anything. He is literally the same guy who burned witches, or chased anything foreign with torches and pitchforks, hundreds of years later. The only difference is his shoes and his accessories.

I don't see how you can educate a group like that, short of full-brain replacement surgery.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Tolerance and forgiveness to who? The EDL? The Brits? The 3000 who died on 9/11. No, to those of their own faith. You need to get it right and stop with your propaganda of promoting Islam as the peaceful religion. Sorry, it is not now and historically has not been.

This, This is the problem I have with the EDL and its xenophobic supporters.

There exists a very small minority of Muslims within the Islamic faith who have twisted an otherwise beautiful religion into one of hate, evil and violence to pursue a political agenda. Yet you and the EDL would use this minority to brand the whole faith and those who follow it as hateful evil doers who advocate violence in the name of Islam.

And why is this?

Because deep down the EDL are scum who hate all Muslims in the same way the KKK hate black people.

The EDL is no better than the KKK.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So, where are all the good Muslims standing across the street from the EDL out protesting the bad Muslims?

edit on 30-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The bloke in the OP Video is obviously of a very low IQ or he has suffered a head injury. He is not representative of the average EDL member. What the EDL are against (like here in Australia) is Muslim Communities springing up and demanding that they live under Sharia law and not the law of the land they have adopted.
Her in Oz the Muslim Communities are complaining because Muslim Girls who are in loveless 'arranged' marriages are having them annulled under Australian Law. They then became 'cast-outs' from their families and very vulnerable to 'honour killings'. The will not integrate.
Here is some Sharia Law that all Muslims will adhere to regardless of which Country they are in and regardless of the laws of that land. Sharia Law will ALWAYS come first:

According to Sharia law:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad's words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be Halal.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on.

Islam have declared that they will take over the world (eventually) and that England will be the first Country to fall under Islamic law.
There is no reasoning with them so what can anybody do whilst Governments assist in the building of Mosques and take little or no action against Muslims who form 'rape-gangs'!
It is all very sad.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

That's a outlook that doesn't take into account what they're protesting. Are they similar? Yep, they are. Like I said in a post on the previous page, you have xenophobic, homophobic racists protesting xenophobic, homophobic racists. The method is wrong and disgusting, no doubt. Look at Islamic countries around the world that are effectively Islamic theocracies or theocratic monarchies. Iran, Saudi, Kewait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain. All of them have atrocious human rights records, and all of them have those records because their religion and system of society demands them to behave that way.

What you have is a bowl of burnt hair mixed with excrement staring itself in the mirror and trying to fight itself. The difference is that one only exists because of the other.

There exists a very small minority of Muslims within the Islamic faith who have twisted an otherwise beautiful religion into one of hate

Have you read the Koran and the Hadiths? Do you understand the system by which contradictions are managed? Very seldom, and I do mean very seldom is a tolerant tenet proposed in the Koran by Muhammad not contradicted later in his life.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by esdad71

Tolerance and forgiveness to who? The EDL? The Brits? The 3000 who died on 9/11. No, to those of their own faith. You need to get it right and stop with your propaganda of promoting Islam as the peaceful religion. Sorry, it is not now and historically has not been.

This, This is the problem I have with the EDL and its xenophobic supporters.

There exists a very small minority of Muslims within the Islamic faith who have twisted an otherwise beautiful religion into one of hate, evil and violence to pursue a political agenda. Yet you and the EDL would use this minority to brand the whole faith and those who follow it as hateful evil doers who advocate violence in the name of Islam.

And why is this?

Because deep down the EDL are scum who hate all Muslims in the same way the KKK hate black people.

I am not an EDL supporter. I am a supporter of freedom and not oppression. Also, it is not 'me' and others who are bombing and killing in the name of Allah. It is those that you are supporting with your words. You see, you also cannot pick and choose who you feel are true Muslims and who are not just as they cannot pick and choose. You are in or out...

Since you are in the UK, drop into a radical mosque and ask them all to 'don't worry, be happy', just be peaceful and see what you get. Again, where are the good Muslims protesting the evil of other Muslims?

Nowhere because they are just as scared as the citizens of any country afraid of Sharia law spreading and not destroying a peaceful religion like Islam but their lives and the lives of their children. It is in your own country and you are blind to it for some reason. It is two generations deep and it is over...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am very suprised this thread is still going
what would happen if I started a thread called a look into the mind of a muslim
and went on to show a video of lets say hate preacher like Anjem Choudary and then made statements claiming that all muslims had his mind set
how long would it be before it was sent to the trash bin, how long of a posting ban would I get, and how many names would I get called for posting such a thing, this thread is disgusting the video is old and has blatantly been made to discredit the EDL, all of them not one or two, all
I find it very offencive, but unfortunatley being white British means I am on the wrong side of equality

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have first heard of anti-Asian sentiment back in 1996 .
Some people I knew were then telling how they were gona give it to these Asians .
Year 2013 and still the same crap being churned out .

Beating a dead horse comes to mind .

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So, where are all the good Muslims standing across the street from the EDL out protesting the bad Muslims?

Well, there was this not too far from me.

m.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Have a voice...that is the problem. We are and have been in the last 10 years conditioned that if we speak out we are the ones who are wrong no matter what we speak out about. The MSM will then find someone in an interview to discredit the entire movement.

I understand why the EDL are doing what they are doing. The Islamic voice in Britain is louder than those whose families have been there multiple generations, but now the argument has become, I was born here too so I have the same right to preach hate if I like as you do to oppose it. I call BS.

The US is following in the same suit as the UK.You have Muslims who preach hate against the US blocks from the site of the WTC. They are allowed to be there because people do not want to speak up, and if they do it is a cut and past you tube video showing hatred to Muslims. Weird weird world folks where we protect the aggressor and condemn the defender.

This is not a look into the mind of a EDL supporter, it is a way to discredit them all.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Exactly...like I am trying to say...a louder voice...

Leanne Staven, who had come for the protest, said that she had not come to the mosque to cause trouble but because "We need a voice". "I think white British who have any concerns feel we can't speak freely," she said.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dam00
and went on to show a video of lets say hate preacher like Anjem Choudary and then made statements claiming that all muslims had his mind set
how long would it be before it was sent to the trash bin, how long of a posting ban would I get, and how many names would I get called for posting such a thing, this thread is disgusting the video is old and has blatantly been made to discredit the EDL, all of them not one or two, all
I find it very offencive, but unfortunatley being white British means I am on the wrong side of equality

Yes that's how it works on ATS, don't you know?

One person on video speaks for the entirety of the EDL and you're an idiot if you think they don't.

One person speaking on video doesn't speak for all muslims and you're an idiot if you think they do.

Do try and keep up with the double standard and hypocrisy.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Thankyou for your respons I agree with you completely

My point though is why have ATS allowed this thread to go on Deny Ignorance I am feeling some lobsided equality

hoax bin at the very least Mods

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by dam00

Yes that's how it works on ATS, don't you know?

One person on video speaks for the entirety of the EDL and you're an idiot if you think they don't.

One person speaking on video doesn't speak for all muslims and you're an idiot if you think they do.

Do try and keep up with the double standard and hypocrisy.

I see it all makes perfect sense now

How dare I speak up, stupid damn racist that Iam

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Go read a history book...

You really don't get the difference between extremist fanatics and normal people do you? The point you so gloriously missed was that you can pick a quote from either religious book to support any viewpoint you like. All organised religions are about keeping the general populace in line through promoting fear of higher consequences, they are all about convincing anyone who will listen that they are the one true faith and non believers should be brought into the fold or dispensed with.

You arguing about which is the better religion is like two serial killers arguing about who had the best motive. If you think I am promoting any religion then that is an issue with your own prejudices.

I am promoting nothing more than acceptance of humanity in all, so long as they aren't out to do harm themselves. This exception would include Muslim fanatics every bit as much as it would include white racist thugs, they are both morons.

If the edl could address the issues we face without dermonising an entire culture I would support them, from what I have seen, they can't. I don't give a tinkers cuss for religion, but those that do should not fear persecution or be labelled fanatics by association.
edit on 30-5-2013 by waynos because: omitted crucial word

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

He is literally the same guy who burned witches, or chased anything foreign

Seen this many times before, and it's as misleading and inaccurate now as it always has been.

I'll take your second point first; the UK has always welcomed groups of refugees who have fled persecution or sought a better life, the difference is these groups of 'johnny foreigners' were perfectly willing to integrate into UK society whilst adding something positive to it's diverse heritage and culture.
Muslim extremists offer nothing positive whatsoever to our society, refuse to integrate and actively seek to transform our society into an exact copy of the place they have left, all in accordance with their interpretation of quranic teachings.

As for your second point; it's a ridiculous comparison.
Burning of witches and similar practices were based on an entirely imaginary threat based on ignorance born of religious indoctrination.
No amount of spin can alter the fact that there is a real threat posed by Muslim extremists, as was so graphically shown by the brutal murder of Lee Rigby.
The only comparison is the blatant exploitation and manipulation of people through organised religion.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet another another ridiculous ans sensationalist comparison designed to invoke fear in people and to detract from serious and intelligent discussion.

How many Muslims have EDL burned or lynched?

A simple and unrefutable answer, none.

And the day that EDL even insinuate that they support such action is the day that I for one would do everything within my power to oppose them.

If you oppose EDL then fair play, that's entirely your right, but at least try to use reasoned arguements and don't resort to emotional exaggerations.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Reply to waynos

I understand what an extremist fanatic is and normal people. However, that is not the case and just as you think I am painting all with a small brush, you are excluding with a larger one. Quick story - My middle son went to a Pre K program that was run by a Muslim family/organization. He loved it. The art and even the picnics with ME food was good for my son to see. Different culture. They had a Ramadan celebration but they also had a Christmas tree. Tolerant followers as I would refer to them. However, I also know for a fact, at the same place, there were men who met who were arrested a few years later for ties in the Tampa community for selling and collecting funds for Hamas and other organizations. CAIR helped to try to defend them. Does this mean I now will never go around a Muslim or someone of the Islamic faith. No, but I am versed in what the religion can do...not to all, but the majority and that is where you have it incorrect I feel. Islam is not about peace. This is why you have different belief systems. Don't think because I have a different view you know me.

"If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself." Sun Tzu

During the Inquisition,yes, but the rest of the world has moved out of the middle ages regarding religion. Islam has not. I am not missing anything, trust me, nor am I grouping them all into one. Islam is a religion. Those who follow it are Muslim. Islam split after Mohammed died and they have been fighting for control of their religion ever since. Peaceful...only when it needs to be.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

you might not like what i have to say but in my view the EDL with their xenophobic agenda are just as bad as the KKK with their racist agenda.

its only a matter of time before we have Muslims being killed by members of these type of far-right groups.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I fundamentally disagree that it is the majority. Maybe where you live, I don't know, but that is not my experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join