It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into the mind of an EDL supporter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Britguy

The EDL started out as being a genuine group but it is well known that they are Zionist owned now.

It is not well known at all. That myth is perpetuated among radical muslim youths because they hate jews.
The edl know this and exploit it by waving israels flag at demo's.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So, what are your views on the UAF?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

That's an old video, Man. 2 years or more!

"Muslamic Ray Guns"

It's a classic!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think there is a disconnect of understanding.

Lets drop the EDL from the topic for a moment. If this is too OT, then feel free to let me know.

I currently have and have previously had many friends who are muslim throughout my life. Either abroad or where I live. All of them are nice caring individuals who work hard, love their family, and in some instances fight hard, too. I trust them, they wouldn't be my friends if I didn't. I have nothing against muslims or Islam. I do, however understand them and it pretty well. Iraq, Afghanistan, Djibouti, Indonesia, I've worked in private security in them all. I hope to someday see Mali. In dealing with muslims both in civil and conflict arenas, there is one thing that people really ought to understand and for the most part are ignorant to or dismissive of.

Despite the majority of muslims in the UK being moderate and working well within the British system, and despite how nice and friendly most are, you have to realize that regardless of it all, whether they disregard it or not, their religion is demanding them to be against you. That same ideology is also demanding them, whether they heed it or not, to undermine and dismantle the very British system they are working well in. If they consider themselves a muslim, then that aspect is there. Its in writing if you want to look.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Very good post...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.co.uk...

You are therefore well aware of the above and how Global they are

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know they have a group of EDL for LGBT right? For gays? For Jews....why the racial discrimination from you towards people who want their country to stay the same as it has been for centuries.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Sorry, but I don't think I understand the question.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know they have a group of EDL for LGBT right? For gays? For Jews....why the racial discrimination from you towards people who want their country to stay the same as it has been for centuries.

No I did not know that. How does that work?
I'll agree with you that some of my post might be somewhat discriminating against the EDL community - but an no point have I made any racial remarks about them. Havn't focused on their nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion or any things that would be considered racist according to the laws of most EU nations.

But if you wonder why it is that I disagree with their approach, I'll happily tell you.
I don't care how people wan't they countries to stay. Especially if they just want it out of sheer nostalgia.
Fact is that everything changes all the time. It's inevitable. I would prefer to see people try to get the best out of what they've got, instead of constantly fighting amongst each other.

I think all fanaticism - whether it be about british, Islamic or any other culture - is stupid. Cause it only stands in the way of progress.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'll stir the pot in this topic.......

In my opinion the ignorance on the subject is from those who criticize the EDL and like minded groups.

Yes, there are those that bring down their cause through violent actions, and top marks for them to try and make thier cause a political one.

BUT.....those descriminating against them and on the immigration at all costs bandwagon, will be the first saying sorry and rushing to join like minded groups when the ever growing Muslim communities start to rise up and want "Sharia law" within their own communities whichy is occuring now, rioting like they do in Sweeden, because they are starting to gain strength in numbers.

Preach about the benefits of immigration all you want. Truth be known, there are some cultures/nationalisites that ARE NOT ASSIMILATABLE, they will not want to integrate no matter how much social government policies try to help them.

This can be seen all over the Western world.

Where European nationalities have migrated and prospered, the same cannot be said for the majority from the Arab/Moslem backgrounds.

And no politician anywhere has the balls to state the truth.

These groups are over represented in all criminal statistics.

That will not change but become worse as the years go on.

So enjoy your chardonay people and keep burning your bra's and living in the Love can Conquer all 1970's, this is today. The world is a different place, it is ugly, and no matter what good you may do towards these groups, be prepared for the social anarchy that their growing numbers will cause.......

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Anything coming out of the government is either propaganda or indoctrination

That statement is itself a form of indoctrination which leaves no room for critical thinking. Better, I believe, to evaluate each piece of information you come by on its own merits, regardless of origin.

My CO used to say two things that rang true, "once is happenstance, twice coincidence and three times is enemy action." The government, through schools and the mainstream media, appear to subscribe to graduated levels of ideological steering control through social engineering and manipulation. Changes in direction occur gradually over time giving a nickel-and-diming effect, much like increases in taxes and decreases in personal freedoms. Initially they make "freedoms" cost more, then they slowly take them away, to make it a little easier to pass by the average person consumed with consuming.

Oh, the second thing my CO used to say was "perfect paranoia is perfect awareness." Of course, he was the Chief of CI so that kind of attitude is to be expected and I worked for them. All it really meant to me was, be aware of everything around you and always try to connect the dots since "there be monsters" everywhere and especially in every capital city and financial center that are far worse than any murderer. Those people to which we entrust the care-taking of our freedoms kill hundreds of thousands per year and destroy tens of thousands of lives daily. Murderers are usually relegated to 1 or 2 a year which is not good either, but pales in comparison to political figures.

How may people have been killed in wars since 9/11? Three million a good guess. maybe four million? How many people in north america or europe have lost their jobs to something as insidious as "outsourcing" where politicians allowed and even promoted, the wholesale transfer of jobs overseas, for their own personal gain? What kind of person sells out their entire country? Certainly not a person who should be entrusted with protecting that country or its citizens. What our politicians do these days used to be called treason and it used to be they hung traitors.

What it appears the government is doing through the twin processes of initial indoctrination (public school) and social steering (mainstream media) is to acclimatize generations to a specific way of non-thinking, ignoring the facts for a more manageable consensus driven fantasy. Simply accept your lot in life, it's where you are supposed to be and if you're good maybe you'll make enough money buy the new toys. Regardless, slaves don't have valid opinions according to present bankster or political dogma.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/30.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

And?

Are you telling me that you don’t get homosexual, transgender or Jewish xenophobes?

What I am saying is not racially discriminating against anyone, I am just calling out the racist xenophobes who are actively trying to spilt our communities and destroy them with a Islamophobic agenda.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by esdad71

And?

Are you telling me that you don’t get homosexual, transgender or Jewish xenophobes?

What I am saying is not racially discriminating against anyone, I am just calling out the racist xenophobes who are actively trying to spilt our communities and destroy them with a Islamophobic agenda.

That's such a strange outlook.

You're criticizing an organization for being xenophobic, homophobic, and racist and suggesting they are trying to split your communities through Islamophobia. Islam, as a system, let alone religion, quite literally mandates that anyone who considers themselves a muslim to be xenophobic, homophobic, and to a certain extent, racist.

What I'm hearing is "I don't like these homophobes, racists, and xenophobes standing up to those other homophobes, racists, and xenophobes because their homophobia, racism, and xenophobia is trying to split and destroy our communities"

Either way, you're getting homophobes, racists and xenophobes. The difference is one (EDL) exists in the UK because of the other. The other (Islam) exists in the UK because of unchecked and economically destructive immigration law. If you were born and raised in Britain and consider yourself a non-muslim British person, then whether you like it or not, the EDL is actually on your side. If you were born and raised in Britain and consider yourself a non-muslim British person, whether you like it or not, Islam is quite literally (as it is written in the Koran) against you. You may not be on the EDL's side as a non-muslim, but it by its existence is on your side. You may be on Islam's side as a non-muslim, but it will never be on your side. Do you see the difference?

I still think there's a better way than the EDL. People in Britain aren't bothered with Islam, per-se, in my opinion. They do, however, recognize for the most part that it isn't just a religion, but a complete societal system. As a complete societal system they can see it is a less competitive societal system, both economically and culturally, than their own. You don't see Brits trying to move to Saudi or Jordan for economic opportunity or to escape persecution in massive waves of several hundred thousand individuals. They are more concerned about the replacement or abrogation of the British societal system, whether it be through Islam, its own crooked law makers or some other influence, than anything else.

Its like a sport team, pick a sport, with a winning season that fails to, neglects to, or deliberately gets rid of its best and most influential players. Why on earth would they change the winning formula? It happens, and usually with pretty disastrous effect. The only times where it works out is if the replacements are actually better. Islam, as can be seen by the societies and economies in the middleast, really ain't that competitive of a societal system. If it weren't for oil and their central location between the major economies of the world, the muslim countries of the middle east would quite literally be a century behind the rest of us. Hell, they were a century behind the rest of us until the discovery of oil and development modern oceanic shipping. It's an inflexible, dominating, and uncompetitive system.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Galvatron because: Added extra paragraph and fixed spelling

edit on 30-5-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by esdad71

And?

I am telling you that you do not have gays in the KKK..or at White Power rallies. Hate groups. True hate groups.

Your replies sound suspiciously like a Muslim who is defending the Islamic view and not opening your own to the real world as a true Muslim is taught. I mean, who is trying to split the community, the people who have lived their for generations and accepted other cultures or the ones how are telling the Brits that they will not follow their laws and are bringing about Islamic law. You cannot deny that and if you are you are simply lying.

The Koran says....

The Believers are but a single Brotherhood

If I am a non-believer, then in the eyes of Muslims I can be converted...

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued

Now, here is a quote from the bible...

They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

A pretty different outlook...I wonder what religion I would want preached in the streets? People can accept other religions...

edit on 30-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Not that it’s any of your business I am Catholic not Muslim

As I think I have said before the EDL and violent Islamic extremism are both problems that our society faces and both warrant attention.

This thread is about the mind-set of the EDL not the Qur’an, if Islam was as bad as the EDL portray it to be then we would have a much bigger problem with Terrorism than we do just now.

Most Muslims are peaceful people who hate those who have twisted their religion to advocate violence just as much as you and I hate them.

Are you a member of the EDL or do you support their views?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by esdad71

Not that it’s any of your business I am Catholic not Muslim

As I think I have said before the EDL and violent Islamic extremism are both problems that our society faces and both warrant attention.

This thread is about the mind-set of the EDL not the Qur’an, if Islam was as bad as the EDL portray it to be then we would have a much bigger problem with Terrorism than we do just now.

Most Muslims are peaceful people who hate those who have twisted their religion to advocate violence just as much as you and I hate them.

Are you a member of the EDL or do you support their views?

I did not ask nor state your religion. I said your post seem to defend what the EDL is attempting to prevent. This thread is about the Koran/Qur'an as it is a driving force in what the EDL is attempting to prevent. Occupation.

We are also not talking about terrorism in this thread, but the mindset of the EDL and what they are trying to prevent and what they are trying to keep.

Prevent - Islamic Sharia law implemented in the streets of their country and further propagation of hate.
Keep - The values and the heritage of centuries of their people.

Just as you state 'most' Muslims are peaceful and should not be looked down upon because they kill innocents outside of war, why should all of the citizens of a country be held responsible for what it's military does as those in England of Islamic faith protest? Islam thinks they should be held responsible, just like in the US.

It is not the person who is Muslim that is the problem, it is the religion of hate that they follow. The world needs voices like the EDL to keep extremism out of countries who do not want it. Do we have to agree with every member and what he says, no, but if it keeps the wolves at bay until a solution can be reached than yes, it is worth it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

What a load of bull. You can equally quote parts of the Koran that preach tolerance and forgiveness against some particularly nasty parts from Leviticus to prove the exact opposite viewpoint. You are simply propagandising for your own particular imaginary friend, which makes you no different to any other faith-pusher of any persuasion. Shame on you.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by esdad71

They are inextricably linked. To talk about one means one must at the very least be aware of and mention the other.

Are you familiar with the strategy known as subversion? It's a long game. Terrorism is one of the least effective forms of political influence. If you really want to subvert a culture, you don't blow up its buildings or bridges. You change the way it thinks and acts, and it takes a relatively long time. Typically it takes one to two generations, or 20-40 years for two generations of children to grow to adulthood being indoctrinated by the subverting culture. Long game subversion is extremely effective and almost complete. The Rhodesia-Zimbabwe conversion is a good example among others. What's interesting, and it has been shown time and again, is that the first to "go" after the subversion process is complete are the very members of society who welcomed it the most (knowingly or unknowingly) because their job has been completed in the eyes of the now in power subverting culture. French Indo-China in the 40s-60s is a good example, too.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

You can equally quote parts of the Koran that preach tolerance and forgiveness against some particularly nasty parts from Leviticus to prove the exact opposite viewpoint. You are simply propagandising for your own particular imaginary friend, which makes you no different to any other faith-pusher of any persuasion

Exactly!

You could manipulate the book to preach hate or peace.

I recognise that the proliferation of violent Islamic extremism with in a minority group of Muslims in the UK is a problem and furthermore that we do need to tackle immigration problems.

The big issue I take with the EDL is that they paint all Muslims with the same brush.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
reply to post by esdad71

What a load of bull. You can equally quote parts of the Koran that preach tolerance and forgiveness against some particularly nasty parts from Leviticus to prove the exact opposite viewpoint. You are simply propagandising for your own particular imaginary friend, which makes you no different to any other faith-pusher of any persuasion. Shame on you.

Tolerance and forgiveness to who? The EDL? The Brits? The 3000 who died on 9/11. No, to those of their own faith. You need to get it right and stop with your propaganda of promoting Islam as the peaceful religion. Sorry, it is not now and historically has not been.

Go read a history book...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join