It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into the mind of an EDL supporter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Calling all races to unite you say,

I think this link and video says differently

Not Racist? "Send the Black C***T's home"- EDL

I would embed this video but its disgusting, shows the EDL for what they are, but also against the T&C's of this site not to mention the law. it hardly shows them as the defenders of racial equality as your post seemed to suggest

yes the EDL are racist

and yes we should do everything we can to shut them up.
edit on 29-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You make a good point about the representative stereotype. I guess it is my misfortune that the only EDL supporters I have encountered are very much like the bloke in the OP video. I also have trust issues with a party that promotes racial tensions as a substitute for national issues, and yes, I do think that immigration is a major problem that nobody else is tackling, but it doesn't mean I want racists to sort it out for me. Again, this is a view brought about by those that tried to convince me that I should support them in the edl and help to "send them all back".

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 29-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Surprise surprise, someone has started a thread about EDL.

Just posted my dismay that the main thread relating to the murder of Lee Rigby had somehow become a discussion, or demonisation, of EDL and it's supporters.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

.......Don't you think that the video has been presented in such a way as to condition people's responses?
I could honestly video numerous people who support EDL, or at least many of it's opinions, who could express themselves in an incredibly articulate and reasoned manner, but MSM and other outlet's refuse to broadcast such video's.

When it comes to EDL reporting is extremely biased and one-sided.

I guess it doesn't help that Stephen Lennon / Tommy Robinson is a complete and utter tit.

There probably is biased reporting, I've no doubt. In my opinion the problem with the EDL is that they go on the streets and conduct themselves in an entirely inarticulate and unreasoned manner. This is what the public sees and it's undeniable that the EDL arose from fotball hooligan groups - not a great pedigree.

I would like to see the opinions of the articulate members you mention because it may clear up the confusion I have about what exactly the EDL are trying to defend and preserve. Whenever I have asked EDL members this, they never seem able to give a straight answer. Those are the main reasons I mistrust the EDL, not that one twonk in the video.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by waynos
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

May I ask how you know they are Muslims? Have you asked them?

Ive heard that the owner sold the place to Pakistanis, which are likely to be muslims. My dad used to work for the owner who recently sold the place. I know you're going to call me bad for making assumptions but come on, how many people of Asian decent have you met who arent muslim?

Its funny because where I live, the US, (I have dual UK US citizenship), those who are commonly referred to as "Asian" are of east Asian appearance, so China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, etc. etc. Middleastern is the moniker to refer to anyone who is from north Africa, to turkey, to Pakistan. Funny enough, Indians seem to be referred to as Indians and are colloquially considered different and separate from Middleeasterners, perhaps because they are predominantly Hindu.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

Aye, and i also understand the difference between Indians and Pakistani's, Indians are generally hindu and Pakistani's are generally muslim, the chippy was sold to pakistani's, who are more than likely to be muslims and muslims have their fingers in alot of pies when it comes to business, they dominate certain sectors like takeaways, taxi cabs, market stalls etc

Please dont insinuate that i cannot tell the difference between different minorities and their likely religious preference. When i say asian, i mean pakistani's, because that's what it means in the north. When i say Indian's i mean Indians. Although the two countries were once the same, they are referred to differently, at least here in yorkshire.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Progressive use the same tactics here in the US they will pick out some idiot at a tea party rally and then paint the whole organization with it.

The people of the UK have some tough times ahead. It is hard to reason with religious radicals. It is what it is.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Not too many, but some. I was more intrigued as to why you said Muslims had taken over the chippy, rather than Pakistanis. For example, I might say I'd encountered an Irishman, but I wouldn't say I'd met a catholic unless that had been a specific point of conversation between us.

Well, you couldnt really say that anyhow because an Irish man has the chance of being a protestant - Or even an atheist, every pakistani ive ever met is a devout muslim, I know the culture as i have 2 close friends who are asian so i know a lot about their cast system and how basically, they all financially compete with each other - No different to wealthy families in the british aristocracy.

I mentioned it because they've bought a chippy - Which traditionally uses beef dripping in order to fry its products. The food will more than likely have to be halal, which means more business going to muslims. Just logical deduction here. Its like, indirectly, im being effected by their taking over of this chippy because lets face it, they could potentially ruin what was a decent chippy.

Not going to condemn you at all, I just found it interesting.

Ahh, that's a relief (being serious) I will still try the shop once they take over (Why not, i go to takeaways every now and then) Just... you know how hard it can be to find a decent chippy??

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well is accepting Sharia Law the best course of action? I mean if we start catering to their Belief , when will the old saying "in for a penny in for a pound" start. I guess our founding fathers had it right when they said keep state and religion separate.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by dam00

Calling all races to unite you say,

I think this link and video says differently

Not Racist? "Send the Black C***T's home"- EDL

I would embed this video but its disgusting, shows the EDL for what they are, but also against the T&C's of this site not to mention the law. it hardly shows them as the defenders of racial equality as your post seemed to suggest

yes the EDL are racist

and yes we should do everything we can to shut them up.

Why do you think the EDL gets so much support from young, white, working class men?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't trying to insinuate that you specifically couldn't differentiate the two. Sorry if I came across that way. I was merely pointing out the differences in notions about appearance people had, in general, on different sides of the Atlantic when they hear "Asian". Because when you said Asian in one of your other posts, because I've been in the US since the late 90s, I immediately myself thought of someone who could pass as, oh lets say south Korean. My neighbor practices law, he's of Korean descent, although if you heard his voice you wouldn't know it. He likes to play computer games in his spare time and has an online screen name with "AZN" in it, or "Asian". It makes me wonder if south or mid-east people ever do that online. Technically they are Asian, and the British notion of Asian is more correct, but less specific. This is way OT, I just find the differences interesting.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why do you think the EDL gets so much support from young, white, working class men?

an excellent question!

if you look at their origins in the football hooliganism culture i think that's a good start.

they for the most part are young men, unemployed, poor, and lacking any further education its a social issue that has to be addressed. They have been raised in a "racist" enviroment, the Asian man down the road has his own shop, yet Mr. ELD has no work, so the Asian man who is not a natural British citizen is taking a job he doesn't have.

Once you take the socioeconomic problems underpinning their anger and their association with a hooligan culture you star to see whats going on..

Ask yourself, would Tommy Roberson and his ilk (or what ever his real name is) be on on the streets rioting and shouting racist chants if he had been educated was in a good secure job earning a average wage and had a young family to support. No he wouldn't, he and his members wouldn't be running down the street intimidating people chanting "E,E,E,EDL!!!"

like i said before i think protesting because of a political disagreement with immigration or against violence is only right.

what i take real issue with is how the EDL have twisted the legitimate political gripes that alot of their working class members have and turned it into a islamophobic movement.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron

Oh I wasn't trying to insinuate that you specifically couldn't differentiate the two. Sorry if I came across that way. I was merely pointing out the differences in notions about appearance people had, in general, on different sides of the Atlantic when they hear "Asian". Because when you said Asian in one of your other posts, because I've been in the US since the late 90s, I immediately myself thought of someone who could pass as, oh lets say south Korean. My neighbor practices law, he's of Korean descent, although if you heard his voice you wouldn't know it. He likes to play computer games in his spare time and has an online screen name with "AZN" in it, or "Asian". It makes me wonder if south or mid-east people ever do that online. Technically they are Asian, and the British notion of Asian is more correct, but less specific. This is way OT, I just find the differences interesting.

Aye i get you, harold and kumar are referred to as asians lol Just one of those little differences between britain and the USA i guess!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

an excellent question!

if you look at their origins in the football hooliganism culture i think that's a good start.

they for the most part are young men, unemployed, poor, and lacking any further education its a social issue that has to be addressed. They have been raised in a "racist" enviroment, the Asian man down the road has his own shop, yet Mr. ELD has no work, so the Asian man who is not a natural British citizen is taking a job he doesn't have.

Once you take the socioeconomic problems underpinning their anger and their association with a hooligan culture you star to see whats going on..

Ask yourself, would Tommy Roberson and his ilk (or what ever his real name is) be on on the streets rioting and shouting racist chants if he had been educated was in a good secure job earning a average wage and had a young family to support. No he wouldn't, he and his members wouldn't be running down the street intimidating people chanting "E,E,E,EDL!!!"

like i said before i think protesting because of a political disagreement with immigration or against violence is only right.

what i take real issue with is how the EDL have twisted the legitimate political gripes that alot of their working class members have and turned it into a islamophobic movement.

Couldn't agree more with your post, i wish more people understood this instead of instantly judging those who are in groups such as the EDL, whereas the movement has become racist, their members have backgrounds and lifestyles which almost guarantees they're create or adopt racist view points.

Ive never seen a rich asian family who didnt work for it. Of course, im sure they'll be careful with their tax returns like anyone who owns their own business/self employed.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Take the post directly above your's;

Not Racist "Send the Black C***T's home"- EDL

The opinion of one EDL member.
How many other EDL members were interviewed who expressed a completely different opinion but were not broadcast simply becasue it wasn't sensationalist or fit in with the steretype MSM want's to project about EDL.

Yet post a picture of a Muslim holding a placard stating "Kill All Infidel's" we are told he is very much a minority and not representative.

I know quite a few members of EDL - some are black and one is Indian, some are complete morons - the majority of them are drawn to EDL simply because they feel disenfranchised by the major political parties who they believe have completely ignored the care's and concerns of the British people and have even been betrayed by them just to further their own agenda's.

Simply put EDL are perceived by many as the only group who are publicly stating what an increasing number of British people think and say in private etc.

Personally I have no time for EDL as an organisation.
I flirted with them years ago but quickly began to see the organisers for what they are - pathetic wannabe's and never were's who are trying to cash in on something that belongs in the past, something they had absolutely zero serious involvement in.
Their embracement of 'football hooliganism' and Casual Culture is an absolute farce.

EDL should have been a protest group with no affiliation to any other group or party etc and it should be both able and allowed to present it's case in a clear, concise and articulated manner free from any racist overtones whatsoever.
Unfortunately any serious attempt to discuss Islamification, immigration etc is immediately labelled and demonised as racist and bigoted.

But the fact remains that EDL's core attraction is their willingness to voice dissatisfaction of government(s) abject failure and unwillingness to deal with a problem that many British people feel increasingly concerned about.

And that is why MSM concentrate on portraying them as drunken racist louts rather than look at the reason why some people feel compelled to offer support etc.

reply to post by Galvatron

The upper-middle and upper classes have more to lose so to speak as they've done well in that societal system

What is needed is an organization like "British Professionals for British Culture"

If this could be conveyed with rational reason, a dispassionate ethos, and implacable willful action by the upper-middle class,

It is just as much this sort of elitist, offhand, insulting claptrap shown towards the ordinary British people as it is the wilful disdain and disregard that ALL major political parties seem to have for them and their care's, concerns and interests that is driving people towards EDL.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Man that was a bad interview. Was he stoned? But i get the jist. He doesn't want his country to have Sharia law imposed anywhere in his country. He wants it to remain British law. Sharia is a religious law that should not be forced onto people.

They have these zones now in Britain where laws to ban drinking alcohol because of the local numbers of religious Muslims living in that area not liking it due to it being against their beliefs.

Muslims enforcing Sharia law in Britain

The desciption of that video has this to say:

Police in the UK have arrested two men who are said to be part of a vigliante group calling themselves the 'Muslim Patrol'. - www.youtube.com... The footage is likely to have come from East London, where 'Shariah zones' were set up last year. The new tactic of intimidation is said to appall local residents, who will likely find the 'patrols' disconcerting. In the videos, the 'Muslim Patrol' is heard to say, "Alcohol banned. This is a Muslim area. Muslims patrol the area."

edit on 29-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

They used to have an "Anti-Plastic Bag Squad" in my high-school - just a bunch of numpties who surround some kid using a shopping bag to carry their school books, grab the and rip it apart, then walk away.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by Mads1987
There was recently a thread about a women in the UK, who had been removed from a shopping area after waving a EDL flag around (English Defence Leauge), and spewing racist remarks.

You can check it our here:
Woman allegedly arrested for carrying a Union Jack Flag (In Oldham England)

Do you have any evidence to prove she was being racist?
you havent have you or you would have presented in the thread above
I dont know who is worse, those that claim all muslims are terrorists, or those who make wild statements that all EDL members are racists
an old poster from when the EDL was about a year old

Okay, I will admit that I might have presented the other story wrong. I should just have said that some lady was removed because she was waving a flag around. I don't know if she said anything. But I needed to explain the situation somehow. I could have popped in the word allegedly, but I did not, and I am truly sorry.

But! I never said that all EDL members are racists.

- and I do think that any group that has a significant amount of racists, which the EDL undeniably does, is worth debating - and if you are wondering what a significant amount might be, I would say, that it is any group that has a higher percentage of racists than the average population.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by Mads1987

Progressive use the same tactics here in the US they will pick out some idiot at a tea party rally and then paint the whole organization with it.

The people of the UK have some tough times ahead. It is hard to reason with religious radicals. It is what it is.

Sure, it is hard to reason with religious radicals.
But we choose to reason with them, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are w.... and so on..

I'm not saying it is easy to create peace and harmony between people, but sooner or later we will have to learn to get along, or I fear mankind will self destruct. Genocides and all that jazz.

I work for an NGO, that fights for better conditions for the weak and the elderly. Even though we've never had anything remotely close to the drunk kid in the video, my workplace makes a great deal out of making sure, that other dont misrepresent them in the media.
So should EDL if they really want to be taken seriously. But as I can see in this video, not even their actual speakers can't even control themselves.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

they for the most part are young men, unemployed, poor, and lacking any further education its a social issue that has to be addressed.

With all due respect, you seem to think that you know quite a bit about 'football hooliganism', I'd suggest that you don't.

It's roots go much further back than either you, MSM and to a certain extent Academia would care to admit.
I have often thought about starting a thread on the subject but I think it's probably unsuitable or possibly even inappropriate for ATS.

They have been raised in a "racist" enviroment, the Asian man down the road has his own shop, yet Mr. ELD has no work, so the Asian man who is not a natural British citizen is taking a job he doesn't have.

I assure you, most 'football hooligans' couldn't give a toss about someone's race, they just wanted a fight with other mob's.

Sure, EDL have tried to latch on to the whole hooligan / Casual culture thing and many people now choose to exploit that to inflate their own involvement in that scene - but as a rule they tend to be pathetic wannabe's who simply haven't got a clue.

Ask yourself, would Tommy Roberson and his ilk (or what ever his real name is) be on on the streets rioting and shouting racist chants if he had been educated was in a good secure job earning a average wage and had a young family to support.

So you honestly believe racism is something that is exclusive to the uneducated and the unemployed?

For the record, Stephen Lennon, AKA Tommy Robinson, is an arse.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The reason that the UK will be overrun is stated in this thread. I am not defending the EDL, but I sure will not support anyone who wants to push their beliefs on another person...by force. All those who follow Islam want the same thing, but many simply let the radicals do the talking and the action for them.

The Muslim population in the UK doubled in 10 years. It is an occupation. Their own countries are savaged by war and internal tribal conflict.

This looks like a street in Palestine not England.

is that just 2 guys?

How about this one....

Sometimes people wake up like this guy....

A Muslim area???? Do you not see folks...

LIke I said, it is an occupation. If the EDL has to do what they do to make sure this does not propogate, so be it, but many of you are buying into the MSM and blaming the EDL or broadcasting hate crimes against Muslims. Do we forget 7/7 already guys?

They are preaching against the government, as it is starting in the US, so the weak minded will say, wow, they are just trying to get rid of he evil government...until they behead you in the street.

We can live together but not with all of the hate. It needs to stop.

edit on 29-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The EDL started out as being a genuine group but it is well known that they are Zionist owned now.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join