It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need Your help with some symbolism ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So I started a new job a few weeks ago and have been walking back and forth to work. On the way to my house going home from work one day I noticed an odd shaped stone inlayed in the bridge I cross. It's off to the side, and about 30 meter's from the path thats there. You can see the stone's relative size in comparison to the light post that is above it. Hope someone can help me out with this.

ETA: this appears to be inlayed into the bridge, and even has caulking around the outside of it.
edit on 29-5-2013 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

what country do you live in? It may help to understand these symbols.

link   
Reminds me of pacman eating the ghosts

Seriously though it just looks like some used their finger in wet cement?!

link   
reply to post by shells4u

Canada

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 29-5-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I had contemplated that, but it would have had to have been done before it was put into place as the stones would have been made in a yard somewhere else then put there after it was dry and set when the bridge was built.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Hmm. Well I saved your image and did a search and came up with nothing. So I'm going to assume many will come up with it as well. I don't think there's anything behind it. It's just a random thing.

I like the "66" image in the middle though. Makes for a good thread !
edit on 29-5-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
does this bridge have a name? do you know what year the bridge was built?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

The one thing that actually caught m attention, and kind of the reason I uploaded it to ats was because if you look in between the two six's in the M shape there's an additional line. Making it look as if it is 6 3score and 6.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

There are many bridges in the US that were built durning the depression times that are stamped with WPA into the cement...maybe canada did something like this as well.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

The bridge was built in 54, as for it's name I don't wish to say as it is a very a unique name, and would be giving a little more information on the web like this than I wished to, if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with metric construction building symbols...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is just a shot-in-the-dark, but when I did a search of BMQ (which is what the symbols appear to me to be), I discovered that there is a Quebec company named Beton Mobile Quebec Inc. This company provides specialty concrete to the construction industry with many bridges and bridge repairs among their past projects.

Perhaps this symbol is a self-promotional 'tag' for having been involved in supplying concrete for this bridge?

As for the "66", I'm not sure how that would fit in.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I would say that these are initials (probably the builder or architect) and date of construction (1966).

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I think this member has cracked it. I found the same, and they have done many bridges in Canada. The BMQ is pretty unmistakable once you know to look for it, just a strange style font. I think 66 refers to the type of concrete.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I think you hit the nail on the head. Although there is nothing on the internet about the concrete actually comming from somewhere else, I will do a little more digging in the public library today to try and confrim that.

top topics

join