It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I've been having trouble meditating for some time now. I used to be able to drop into a meditative state pretty easily, but now I have some chronic pain in my leg from a torn tendon and have a lot of trouble getting myself into a state where I feel like I'm detached from my body/floating like I used to. I can get to a certain point where I'll start to feel detached and the pain pulls me out.

Anyone have any advice or a technique I could use to get myself deeper into a meditative state despite the pain?

Or some ideas on how to temporarily (or permanently!) ignore/suppress the pain? (No drug suggestions please. I already have some that don't work)
edit on 29-5-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CryHavoc
I've been having trouble meditating for some time now. I used to be able to drop into a meditative state pretty easily, but now I have some chronic pain in my leg from a torn tendon and have a lot of trouble getting myself into a state where I feel like I'm detached from my body/floating like I used to. I can get to a certain point where I'll start to feel detached and the pain pulls me out.

Anyone have any advice or a technique I could use to get myself deeper into a meditative state despite the pain?

Or some ideas on how to temporarily (or permanently!) ignore/suppress the pain? (No drug suggestions please. I already have some that don't work)
edit on 29-5-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

Torn tendons tend to be a bugger to deal with as far as pain is involved.

My suggestion is the following : If you have a decent chainsaw with a newly oiled and extremely sharp chain, this will do the job perfectly (but then you need to cauterise the injury with an ordinary household iron!)(without the steam option))...

Joke aside... I am personally not sure that meditation is going to work (i have sustained this type of injury before... AND EVEN worse pain because of other ailments which are far more serious!).

What i could suggest however are bags of salt (mined Austrian salt if possible as less contaminants than sea salt (even natural)) that you can either freeze or place in the oven to warm up at around 180°.

Once placed on the affected region, that may help to take the pain down, which may also help you to meditate better... )this isn't a long term solution, but i personally feel that it helps at the spur of the moment before laying down in a dark room with some soft music and chilling out as best as i can!)

Hope this is of help?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You will always have difficulty meditating, projecting, remote viewing etc...when you are sick, tired, depressed, angry, sad, in pain, stressed, overworked etc. Always. So for you now, it should be expected.

The flow of your "CHI" is disturbed as well.....

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I do Shambala meditation ,as well as AMMA IM meditation . I also do craniosacral therapy,on myself .

The first two require you to sit upright ,usually cross legged ,preferably on the floor .
I have back and leg injuries ,that cause this position to make me eyes tear .

When I do self cranio ,I just lie on my back in bed ,and its easy peasy,so I've begun to meditate in this position .

The drawback is ,for shambala ,you can doze off,for AMMAs IM,you cannot cycle thru the chakras as you have been taught .
However ,if not being able to meditate at all,is the alternative,its best to modify your position ,and just be dilligent about it all.

I would suggest alternative ways to combat your issues . Rolfing,acupuncture ,qi gong ,and even cranio sacral therapy ,would help less your symptoms .

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I appreciate the help!

top topics

join