It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Revisited and My theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I know this has been written about here on ATS before, as evident in some of the threads I have included:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is much suggestion as to the purpose of the Voynich Manuscripts, and the overall extra-terrestrial suggestions that may lay within, ...

Recipe” book of some kind which related the medicinal potency of plants and roots and herbs to certain key elements/chemicals/planets with a tie into a person's astrological birth sign. Praha) =about $120,000.00 US dollars today--quite a lot for a single book. In the astrological section). 8aiiv) often occurs often right AFTER a rare word or ...

Dr. Leo Levitov, author of Solution of the Voynich Manuscript, presents the thesis that the Voynich is nothing less then the only surviving primary document of the " Great Heresy" that arose in Italy and flourished in Languedoc until ruthlessly exterminated by the Albigensian Crusade in the 1230s. Some of the symbols used in the Voynich manuscript ...

There are more than this available to peruse that I am sure add relevance and you can find them here:

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

Now I must admit I did not read all of these, but I did read a well thought out thread about the Voynich Manuscript @ blog.world-mysteries.com... ....

To see all images go to
beinecke.library.yale.edu...
and search for “Voynich Manuscript“

It is abundantly illustrated with awkward colored drawings of:
unidentified plants;
what seems to be herbal recipes;
tiny naked women frolicking in bathtubs connected by intricate plumbing looking more like anatomical parts than hydraulic contraptions;
mysterious charts in which some have seem astronomical objects seen through a telescope, some live cells seen through a microscope;
charts into which you may see a strange calendar of zodiacal signs, populated by tiny naked people in rubbish bins.

My theory about this book goes like this:

When I see the pictures illustrated, I fail to find any that seem to include men, they all appear to be women to me. The language it is written in could be a language from an entirely different civilization, perhaps dating back as far as Atlantis/Lemuria. Or it could be a language of a different planet, like Venus. Many strange plants and pictographs that have 'crop circle" written all over them.

Maybe they are in another dimensional existence, like the fairy's written about in folklore, or they reside in the inner Earth.

Either way, I find this subject very fascinating. I was curious why there doesn't seem to be any men in the pictures...maybe I am just not seeing them, they all look like women.

There has been folklore surrounding a race of beings that were entirely women, maybe they wrote this.

That is all I have at the moment. Please, share your thoughts.

Oh, I watched a short documentary with William Shatner for those who care to view it...It was a little silly but moves along fairly quickly, if you don't mind his humor...www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: fixed vid embed

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I had trouble getting the video to post properly, if someone could fix that for me that would be great, and perhaps tell me what I did wrong. Thanks.

Soul

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was going to embed your video for you but I got the message: This video does not exist. Maybe the person took it down.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I was going to embed your video for you but I got the message: This video does not exist. Maybe the person took it down.

Click on the link in my post, it goes right to it on you tube. I watched it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The sound seems to be off. Hope this helps...and is visible by ATS members.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: my 2 cents

For ATS YT links, the YT number is everything after the equal sign. Don't include the v.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: teach a man to fish...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the images and text styles in the manuscript reminds me of a book of shadows...a personal wiccan book of spells, and seasonal rituals...It is an interesting subject...It interested me and got me web surfing for more info...I wish I could find a site that shows all the renderings enlarged and all on the same site...S& F to OP
I find these images most interesting notice the tub like thing that the women are standing in...[/pic]

do you think that what they are standing in represents a baptismal font???
edit on (5/29/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Here is a man with a crossbow depicted in the V.manuscript...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Seems awfully feminine to me.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
www.youtube.com...

The sound seems to be off. Hope this helps...and is visible by ATS members.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: my 2 cents

For ATS YT links, the YT number is everything after the equal sign. Don't include the v.
edit on 29-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: teach a man to fish...

Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I agree with you. I think it looks like a herbarium grimoire describing plants and possibly their effects on certain organs. Perhaps information like this was prohibited by the church of the day, hence the need for it being writen in coded script.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I bet the manuscript is an old hoax, made to sell to an antique bookseller, book hoaxes became popular in medieval times and continued up until about 100 years ago, not much of a popular form of art these days with the distractions of radio and tv, thus, war of the worlds, alternative 003, etc. Jumping to the conclusion that it's alien or atlantean is pretty funny to me, might as well say it was a leprechaun book from krang's dimension x.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zotor

I believe one theory is that John Dee and his partner Edward Kelley faked the book to sell to Emperor Rudolf II for much gold. Dee even had practice devising languages as he and Kelley devised the Enochian language that they said was revealed to them by angels. The letters even look similar to the ones in Voynich. It is not out of the question that he invented a gibberish language to fool a rich king interested in the occult.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-5-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zotor
I bet the manuscript is an old hoax, made to sell to an antique bookseller, book hoaxes became popular in medieval times and continued up until about 100 years ago, not much of a popular form of art these days with the distractions of radio and tv, thus, war of the worlds, alternative 003, etc. Jumping to the conclusion that it's alien or atlantean is pretty funny to me, might as well say it was a leprechaun book from krang's dimension x.

Someone put alot of work into this manuscript, I'm not sure about it being a hoax.
Although I do agree that they were around during this period, they were mainly in the form of bootleg/forgeries. During this period it was also common for literature that the church may frown upon to be done in code, even Leonardo da Vinci done so for his most private works.

The linguistic properties of the text also show strong evidence that it is written in a form of language, not just random mumbo jumbo.
www.isi.edu...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

True, a lot of work did go into the manuscript. And when you look at who could possibly pull it off, John Dee is definitely on the list. After all, he was a prolific writer, he was deeply immersed in the occult, astrology, astronomy and mathematics, and he had experience devising mystical languages. If anyone could do a convincing forgery of the subject matter it is Dee. During that time he and Kelley were basically wandering Europe, staying with royalty and talking to them about mysticism and the occult.

Not saying he did it 100% sure as there is no direct evidence that he did and there may never be any. But it is a compelling case nonetheless that John Dee did forge the Voynich Manuscript.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Yes I agree Dee would have been able to make a hoax, but he was also in a position to make a genuine grimoire.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I saw this site the other night.

voynichcipher.wordpress.com... wordsholyghostpoetry/

I haven't gone over it in too much detail yet, but it looked interesting.
It has notes from someone else trying to cipher also.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

Seems awfully feminine to me.

that was just how men dressed back then. Experts of the manuscript claims this is a man with crossbow.

new topics

top topics

join