It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't there be a Demonstration on July 5th that does not include loaded weapons?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Sankari

No I have not visited Australia.

Gee, how surprising. NOT.

And if I did I would not presume to know what it is like to be an Australian

Well, that's because you don't know anything about Australians. Whereas I know a lot about Americans.

much less tell an Australian what they should do in their own country..

I haven't told any American what they should do in their own country.
edit on 29/5/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Of course you would! It is human nature to do so. The first thing you would tell us to do is to scrap those anti gun laws!

P

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Of course you would! It is human nature to do so. The first thing you would tell us to do is to scrap those anti gun laws!

P

LOL. Well...maybe a suggestion in that direction. I'm sure you folks down under can handle things just fine on your own.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I think its called civil disobedience, its a form of protest used through out history when the peasants aren't happy with the current king's court.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

I get civil disobedience. There was a bunch of it during the Viet Nam war. We have also seen it at WTO meetings in this country.

We are in a different timezone now. Far removed from when protesting could make a difference.

MSM will not give legitimate beefs air time. And our police have been militarized.

Look what happened with OWS. They were infiltrated, conspired upon, vilified in the media, ad infinitum.

We have to come up with another way.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
reply to post by Agit8dChop

you owe guns a thankyou for helping you cleanse the land you claim is yours, just like americans. peace my butt.

Depends what you mean "cleanse".

Are you talking in genocidal terms?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by chopperswolf

I get civil disobedience. There was a bunch of it during the Viet Nam war. We have also seen it at WTO meetings in this country.

We are in a different timezone now. Far removed from when protesting could make a difference.

MSM will not give legitimate beefs air time. And our police have been militarized.

Look what happened with OWS. They were infiltrated, conspired upon, vilified in the media, ad infinitum.

No! In the Vietnam era protesters tried to be peaceful and got shot dead for their troubles.

The last time protestors were armed was post WW2. They succeeded in taking a whole town back.

Thousands of armed civilians protesting is a whole new ballgame.

IMHO you are very good at doing what the Government would want you to do.

Try something different because the old ways are not going to work.

P

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

I believe that's called Transitional Government and it involves setting up an entirely new system while neglecting theirs.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

There were a few attacks during Viet Nam protests but most of them were peaceful. It got to the point where the American people were having no more of that.

So an group of armed men took over some type of community? Really? Were they up against a militarized police force, tanks, machine guns and drones.

IMO it is a little cuckoo to think you can go balls to the wall with DHS. We are not gonna win this thing like that. They have the media and the firepower.

There probably isn't a way at this point. Too many people slept during the warning bells.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

OK, I could go along with that.

First you have to remove the one that is in place.

Suggestions?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I believe that's called Transitional Government and it involves setting up an entirely new system while neglecting theirs.

Hmmm....

Now please forgive my Australian ignorance, but is that not how the American Civil War started? In general?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Star, Flag, and triple bingo on all counts for the pretext.
The guy is leading his bunch onto a bridge, a "choke point":
less politely a kill zone. Any vet with a room temperature IQ
isn't going to do it... unless he's either an A.P. or who cares
about the other option
: and now calling it an 'armed revolution'.

If this ditz gets his way, there won't BE a fifth of July. And lastly
think of exactly the scenario that would be a perfect excuse to
slam on a Martial Law lockdown and total gun grab nationwide...
same page, ?
This right on the heels of a Pentagon 'statement' they don't need
any executive OK for a Drop the Hammer show? Too convenient.

There is a flip side to every lucky coin: "Too bad to be untrue".

My suggestion, back off and let it all implode the way it already is;
and mop up like the cops always do after the wierdos spent it all.
it's easier on personnel.

This country is desparately in need of housekeeping, not carnage.

ps I was prerparing a post for Merlin and got my power cut for
three seconds. Always on the most interesting threads...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I think that they should carry toy guns (with the orange barrel tips) so no one gets arrested (potential felony charge which, if convicted, means you lose your right "to keep and bear arms") and no one risks forfeiture of a four figure firearm to the authorities.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

I think that they should carry toy guns (with the orange barrel tips) so no one gets arrested (potential felony charge which, if convicted, means you lose your right "to keep and bear arms") and no one risks forfeiture of a four figure firearm to the authorities.

I'm going to guess that anyone sturdy enough to stand up publicly and defend the second amendment is smart enough to understand the consequences. The plan is to stop at the bridge. I don't see American citizens shooting first then asking questions later. That's the role of law enforcement.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I love this notion of polite and PG rated protest of government abuses.

Dont wear hot pants to the park because it'll incite an anti-gay backlash.
Dont wear an afro because you'll incite anti-black backlash.
Dont open carry because you'll incite an anti-gun backlash.
Dont print that report because you'll incite an anti-press backlash.

Just let the bully beat your face. Dont fight back and dont even block the blows because you'll just make him madder.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Instead of guns, why not take a bbq and an esky? or is that a little to hard for your ego driven gun addiction to handle on a Saturday, bubba?

How do you win your freedom wielding a bbq? Maybe as long as it's an assault bbq with high capacity skewers.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Instead of guns, why not take a bbq and an esky? or is that a little to hard for your ego driven gun addiction to handle on a Saturday, bubba?

How do you win your freedom wielding a bbq? Maybe as long as it's an assault bbq with high capacity skewers.

Careful it's not a gas BBQ grill, that propane tank could be classified as a weapon of mass destruction.

I guess all the Aussies here forgot how they rid themselves of the Japanese invasion forces some decades back? It sure wasn't by offering to put another shrimp on the Barby for them.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2013 by grubblesnert because: nevermind

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ouch,

Well, I suppose we understand peace and common decency a little bit more.
Maybe we're trying to instill some common #&!)(%$&!& sense values?
like how its not a good idea to encourage angry American psychopathic gun nuts to take all their guns gather in one spot and go on and on and on and on and on about how Guns are the American way.

You could use a little Australian common sense.

Well at least someone has the balls to do something about something...Not like us, typing away everyday. I wonder how many people who classify as "conspiracy theorists" really get out there on the streets and try to make a difference in the world.

To call someone a psychopathic gun nut is so typical of someone who's not American.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

well, we could have an armed insurrection, you think dhs and the guvmnt would win, the number are on the civilians side, what kept the Japanese from invading ? could it be the rifle behind every blade of grass concept, what do you want to happen? how far are you willing to go to affect a return to our constitutional values? what do you see coming in the future for your way of life, and the future of your children, if you have children, i myself cannot see the brightness in our future if we stay on the current path .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join