It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants His No-Fly Zone War Plan for Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Well that was the result in Libya. We overstepped the UN mandate from simply providing cover for a "humanitarian corridor" to invasion and overthrow of Libya. Thats why the Chinese and Russians vetoed it this time in the UN Security Council meetings on it.

Won't get fooled again.

We want it in Syria for the same reason, to overthrow the country. I know the term is benign sounding, but it is designed that way to deceive. Its a foot in the door that will lead to wider conflict. "Just please give us the little opening..."

then anything is justified.

This all may very well be so, but once they overstep that boundary they are no longer just enforcing a no fly zone. It is pretty muchh an act of war. It does indeed give us a reason to put our best on the planet fighter jets and other surveillance aircraft in their airspace and that certainly can be considered having our foot in the door. I guess it all matters on whether they overstep the authority enforcing a no fly zone gives them, only time will tell but with our track record out there you are probably correct on what the Obama administration's ultimate goal is in Syria.
edit on 28-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No Fly Zone is a declaration of war. No matter how you dress or paint it.

Who is the West to enforce it? West meaning USA/Britain and France?

Thats 3 countries out of 150.

you want a No Fly Zone mandated - put it to the UN general assembly and get a 75% approval backing it. Then enforce it.

Until then, its just a different type of Rogue action by the Wst against another so called Rogue country.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It will definitely be a no-fly zone... for the EU!

edit on 28-5-2013 by Dumbspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Majority of Americans don't trust the Obama administration. Yet he still remains in office like Assad.

Just because he is still in power does dont mean that the majority doesent want him there , they're just too coward or lazy to do a damn thing about it...... If you rebel you will be labeled a domestic terrorist , stripped of your rights and dragged down the pavement

I hate to sound cynical but I have the feeling most people who voted for Obama still support him. Liberals tend to be over-emotional and pseudo-humanitarian whenever it suits them. Look at gun control, look at the middle east, etc.

If lord Obama says something it is *the voice of god* incarnate for them.

Most of the real opposition to lord obama is from occupy and the tea party. Occupy tends to vote left leaning third parties and tea party is a reformation branch of the republicans. The mainstream liberals all support lord obama. The mainstream conservatives are still stuck on gun control and could care less about anything else.

Ummmmm, both sides are bat # crazy. Speaking of crazy. Where did the terms Liberal and Right Wing come from. Oh, from your trusty media. Soft minds are easy to mold. If you want to be concerned be so about the divide and conquer tactics that work oh so well.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Installing a "No Fly Zone" usually means installing a "We Will Bomb The Crap Out Of You Zone" and most of the time was done to clear the way for western troops to invade a country in order to install a puppet regime.
AKA "bringing freedom and democracy"

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is a whole world of a difference between Obama asking the Pentagon to draw up plans for a No-Fly-Zone and Obama implementing or even saying he wants a no-fly-zone.

Recently the Joint Chiefs of Staff argued that a no-fly-zone was not the solution to Syria and highlighted that it would be very difficult to implement and would not be as simple as it was in Libya, he just fell short of absolutely ruling it out. That said it wouldnt be the first time Obama has just ignored his JIC

I think a no-fly-zone will be a absolute last resort and would be very difficult to implement, it would take a big change for Russia to pass a UNSC resolution to give any no-fly-zone any legal backing.

Obama throughout the Syria civil war has been indecisive and slow to respond if he does try to have a no-fly-zone enforced i for one would be surprised.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hopefully Russia will get envolved and scare Odumba into not invading or bombing. But then again that could end badly as well.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The fact is that Americas best interests would be served if NOBODY wins this fight and it just continues on in a bloody stalemate. As a Christian, however, I find that an wholly abhorrent outcome though I have yet to find a better one.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Obama Wants His No-Fly Zone

I have a fly swatter from the dollar store.

I'm available on weekends.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
There is a whole world of a difference between Obama asking the Pentagon to draw up plans for a No-Fly-Zone and Obama implementing or even saying he wants a no-fly-zone.

Recently the Joint Chiefs of Staff argued that a no-fly-zone was not the solution to Syria and highlighted that it would be very difficult to implement and would not be as simple as it was in Libya, he just fell short of absolutely ruling it out. That said it wouldnt be the first time Obama has just ignored his JIC

I think a no-fly-zone will be a absolute last resort and would be very difficult to implement, it would take a big change for Russia to pass a UNSC resolution to give any no-fly-zone any legal backing.

Obama throughout the Syria civil war has been indecisive and slow to respond if he does try to have a no-fly-zone enforced i for one would be surprised.

You don't get plans drawn up for the sake of it, by asking for them the wheels are well and truly in motion for it to be implemented.

Wake up people wake up !~!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacri

You don't get plans drawn up for the sake of it, by asking for them the wheels are well and truly in motion for it to be implemented.

Errr actually you do.

It’s called contingency planning with everything going on just now in Syria Obama is basically asking the Pentagon to draw up a plan for a contingency were no-fly-zone in needed. All he is doing is keeping his options open telling the pentagon to draw up plans for a no-fly-zone is not the same as Obama declaring a actual no-fly-zone over Syria.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Sacri

Errr actually you do.

Did the Commanche helicopter ever see the production line and military service?

300 billion dollars wasted.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

reply to post by Sacri

Errr actually you do.
By

Did the Commanche helicopter ever see the production line and military service?

300 billion dollars wasted.

But it sure was a cool as s waste of money eh? When I was kid in the late 80s early 90s playing war I was always flying that Comanche!
edit on 30-5-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Remember the imposed "No Fly Zone" in Iraq? It wasn't simply a case of patrolling the borders making sure no aircraft were flying within Iraqs airspace, it meant actively flying fighter aircraft within Iraqi airspace AND bombing all radar facilities, whether military or civilian. So, what they are looking at, as always, is an open declaration of war thinly veiled as some benign policy.
Wil this No Fly Zone also also apply to Israeli aircraft lobbing air to ground missiles from it's own airspace or the border? Probably not, as always!

They are really getting desperate here but what of those countries that defy it and veto any UN decision? Will their aircraft, civil or military be shot down if they try to fly in or out of Syria? That would not be a good idea, but when did that ever stop them?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"Obama Wants His No-Fly Zone War Plan for Syria"

change this to

"Obama's boss in Israel Wants His No-Fly Zone War Plan for Syria"

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The fact he still remains in power tells me the majority of the population supports him and so does the army.

The army is smart enough to support the majority rather than the minority. The army does not want to be seen as unpopular.

Just a small sampling of the many, many defectors from Assad's Military

Hassan Hamada, Syrian Air Force Colonel - 2012 (to Jordan)

Manaf Tlass, Brigadier General of the Syrian Republican Guard - 2012

Abdul Razzaq Tlass, Former Syrian military officer, and currently one of the Free Syrian Army commanders - June 2011

Riad al-Asaad, former Colonel in the Syrian Air Force,[2] and current commander of the Free Syrian Army,[3] July 2011

Mustafa Al-Sheikh, former General in the Syrian Army, and current head of the Free Syrian Army - 6 January 2012[4][5]

Adnan Silu, Major General and former head of Syria's chemical weapons program - July 2012 defected to the opposition

General Muhammed Faris, a military aviator who became the first Syrian in space

Brigadier General Ibrahim al-Jabawi - deputy police commander for the central Syrian province of Homs, 12 July 2012

Salim Idris - was a general in the Syrian Army when he defected in July 2012 [1][2]. Now servves as the current Chief of Staff of the Free Syrian Army.

Mohamed Moussa al-Khairat - Commander of the seventh division within the Syrian Army, 25 August 2012

Youssef Assad - Syrian Air Force officer and a family relative of President Bashar Assad

Adnan Salo - former head of the chemical weapons unit in the Syrian army [21], 9 December 2012

Major General Abdulaziz al-Shalal - commander of Syria's military police, 25 December 2012 [22] [23].

Brig. Gen Mohammed Nour Ezzedeen Khallouf - chief of supplies and logistics of Syrian Armed Forces, March 2013 [27].

en.wikipedia.org...

We are causing problems in syria where non should exist. Assad is not a religious fanatic like the muslim brotherhood is. He is a secular leader!

He is a secular dictator..who is slaughtering his own people.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wikipedia isn't exactly the most unbiased source OR the most credible.

Why doesn't russia seem too concerned about its puppet Assad and urging him to give up?

I say put the allegations on the UN general assembly and let them vote on it. Have we not interfered UNILATERLY enough in the middle east already? I don't hear many countries moaning about syria, libya, egypt, tunisia, yemen, etc. Its always USA, UK and France........aka the most imperialist and colonialist of all times.

Sorry I don't see him as "a dictator" any more than I see him as president assad of syria.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Wikipedia isn't exactly the most unbiased source OR the most credible.

Strange statement...each defection has been widely reported and covered around the world, news outlets, interviews etc. Each defection on Wiki is cited with off-site links...are you claiming it is made up?

Why doesn't russia seem too concerned about its puppet Assad and urging him to give up?

Confused..Do you view Russian foriegn policy as the moral standard? Assad is supported by Russia, Iran and China...which of those do your suggest we accept as a model of foriegn policy?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That's nice.

How many didn't?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

because....

they have their own interests

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join