It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Officials Visited White House More Than 100 Times During Targeting - Bush-Era IRS Chief Visited

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

look it up in the tax laws

xploder

Why should we have to look anything up in the tax 'laws' when not even the director him/herself is required to know the tax laws? You do remember that, don't you?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

you miss the point,

No dude .. YOU miss the point.

1 - The left wing administration was targeting the right wing. They didnt' go out of their way to target groups that had 'progressive' in them .... only groups with names that the left wing administration saw as a threat during an election cycle. The targeting was one way.

2 - Lies and coverups. Everyone, including the WHite House, saying they didn't know anything about it. Obviously the fact that the IRS officials visited the White House more than 100 times shows that the White House was indeed deeply involved with the goings on at the IRS.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
the IRS is a thug agency started in 1914 after 12/21/13 unFedral Reserve act - Woodie (the treasonous) Wilson gave up for his presidency.
I have been paying taxes for 45 years and it is the worse investment I have ever been robbed out of.
the only consistent thing I have witnessed is more wars alll the whilst our - topdown - public schools children get dumb down and the infrastructure slowly deteriorates.

Wish folks the world over would just stop sending anything to the socalled goverments.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

boogie man "soros"

Duuuuuude .... Soros is more than just a boogie man. He's a far left wing power grubber who is using his power and money to try to buy elections. Comeon ... this is very well documented all over ATS and elsewhere.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A good link IRS Tea Party scandal
aclj.org...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

you miss the point,

No dude .. YOU miss the point.

1 - The left wing administration was targeting the right wing. They didnt' go out of their way to target groups that had 'progressive' in them .... only groups with names that the left wing administration saw as a threat during an election cycle. The targeting was one way.

unless you admit that the citizens united SC distinction,
made corporations people and cash free speech,
and this effected tax exempt charities, and the change in law required extra scrutiny to see how the citizens united decision would effect the operation of social welfare groups.
as it turns out one political group understood and exploited this "uncertainty"
the left looks to have done something similar, but no where near the scale of the right.

2 - Lies and coverups. Everyone, including the WHite House, saying they didn't know anything about it. Obviously the fact that the IRS officials visited the White House more than 100 times shows that the White House was indeed deeply involved with the goings on at the IRS.

anytime a major shift in law like citizens united is passed, there are flow on effects to how to interpret the "existing" tax law, i would be surprised if there wasn't some sort need to talk to the white house over the way tax laws were to be interpreted going forward in the face of citizens united.

xploder

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

boogie man "soros"

Duuuuuude .... Soros is more than just a boogie man. He's a far left wing power grubber who is using his power and money to try to buy elections. Comeon ... this is very well documented all over ATS and elsewhere.

i dont like soros or koch,
they both subvert democracy but for different reasons.

no one should be allowed to hide behind charities to make annomouse donations,
for political gain.

this is why citizens united is such a bad out come.
the judges said it would not corrupt the political process,
but it has

xploder

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

should right wing political groups be allowed to pretend to be charities,
so that they can collect tax exempt money,
and then spend that money with right leaning companies to help elect their "friends"?

you miss the point,
money was being laundered from charities into right wing advertising campains,
payed to right wing media companies.

if you cant see why this was against the tax code,
and why this should be investigated then you are blind to the facts.

xploder

Equal treatment under the law. They would have been applauded had they denied both left and right wing campaigns claiming to be charities. Problem was the left wing jobs got a pass, while the right wing jobs were targeted and no decision rendered. No decision = denial without recourse.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One more thing about the IRS:

They are seemingly above the Constitution since the Constitution clearly states that one may not be deprived of life, liberty or material possessions without due process.

The IRS does not need to go to court to seize your assets. Permanently..

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
why bother
edit on 29/5/13 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

You would think that if there were some collusion here - they would have the 'briefings' somewhere else don't you? All entrances and exits to and from the WH are logged.

Propbably working on new rules and regulations for the new health care act.

ATS is turning me off to conspiracies.

edit on 29-5-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

unless you admit that the citizens united SC distinction,
made corporations people and cash free speech,
and this effected tax exempt charities, and the change in law required extra scrutiny to see how the citizens united decision would effect the operation of social welfare groups.

First, please point out in the opinion of Citizen United v. FEC where they even reference corporate personhood. You aren't going to find it because you are believing a bunch of twisted hype from whatever "news" source you are receiving your information from.

It was Congress that did this and it was years ago when they did. Even a lazy Wikipedia search could have told you this.

Citizen United also didn't declare money as free speech; that was handled in a different case.

So to me, you are ignorant to the facts and either unwilling to learn or just want to listen to what appeases your politics. Sad really.

...as it turns out one political group understood and exploited this "uncertainty"
the left looks to have done something similar, but no where near the scale of the right.

Conjecture at best. So groups of a political party decided to get involved and now they are "exploiting"?

anytime a major shift in law like citizens united is passed, there are flow on effects to how to interpret the "existing" tax law, i would be surprised if there wasn't some sort need to talk to the white house over the way tax laws were to be interpreted going forward in the face of citizens united.

It wasn't a "major" shift in law; it corrected a glaring flaw in the McCain-Fiengold "campaign finance" law that prohibited political speech.

You know nothing of the implications or even what was handled during Citizen United v. FEC and that is apparent.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

The targeting by the leftwing administration is getting more and more obvious, but of course, they can plead the 5th at any time and nothing will happen to them...

NO government agency, either leftwing or rightwing should be able to target people like this for your political, or religious affiliation, or any other reason for that matter.
edit on 30-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677
One more thing about the IRS:

They are seemingly above the Constitution since the Constitution clearly states that one may not be deprived of life, liberty or material possessions without due process.

The IRS does not need to go to court to seize your assets. Permanently..

Since when do they care about the U.S. Constitution?... Since the day the IRS (and the Federal Reserve among other agencies) was funded by Woodrow Wilson, and a Democrat Congress it has been an unConstitutional agency to collect money for the rich elite, owners of the Federal Reserve which is another unConstitutional agency...

The way the IRS works is if you don't pay taxes on a property they can, and will take away that property from you, even when you have paid the full amount of the value of such property. This goes against the right to property.

If you have paid your property it should be yours without having to pay the rich elites one more cent for it. The IRS essentially nullifies the right to property, since what you are actually doing is similar to RENTING the property that apparently belongs to the Federal Reserve since 1913.

Not to mention that they just keep adding more, and more taxes, and as I have said in the past soon enough you will be charged a tax for exhaling CO2, and maybe even for inhaling oxygen...

The IRS tax code book keeps getting bigger as time goes by, adding more and more taxes putting Americans more and more in debt.

Neither agency should have EVER been created. They both go against the law of the land.

edit on 30-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
$53 million in federal funds .... Acorn...$542 million from government sources in 2011-2012 Un planned no longer parenhood.....
from $4.1 million to $11 million. la Raza federal funding.
Anybody know how much Gov. money Teaparty groups got ?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey ...let's play spot the BS....

Originally posted by seamus

Full headline reads: IRS Officials Visited White House More Than 100 Times During Targeting - Bush-Era IRS Chief Visited WH Once in 4 Years.

Either tell me how often the IRS Chief under Obama and Bush visited the White House respectively or do the same for the ambigous and wide-net "IRS Officials".

Until then the premise starts with BS.

Donuts-to-dollars that if I scratch a little "IRS Officials" includes the Janitor at IRS going on a White House tour?
edit on 30-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Using the IRS as a political weapon is insane.Definite impeachment area.Its one thing to use against crime like Capone but political opponents?How low can you get?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hey ...let's play spot the BS....

Originally posted by seamus

Full headline reads: IRS Officials Visited White House More Than 100 Times During Targeting - Bush-Era IRS Chief Visited WH Once in 4 Years.

Either tell me how often the IRS Chief under Obama and Bush visited the White House respectively or do the same for the ambigous and wide-net "IRS Officials".

Until then the premise starts with BS.

Donuts-to-dollars that if I scratch a little "IRS Officials" includes the Janitor at IRS going on a White House tour?
edit on 30-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

news.investors.com...
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
www.weeklystandard.com...
www.exposeobama.com...

You don't believe those sources? Here's one from NBC.

www.nbcnews.com...

You good with this?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Things are going as the evil ones have planned. There is no evil left or evil right. There is only evil and you all are being taken for a ride. I am glad this fake partisan divide of our politicians does not have me fooled.

If I need information I can find non partisan sites here on the internet. I do not need news that "preaches to the choir."

Wake up people the dictatorship of the left you fear is not as you presume it to be. Our political divide is all smoke and mirrors
Shazam1982
edit on 30-5-2013 by Shazam1982 because: Some errors needed fixing.
extra DIV

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

why bother
edit on 29/5/13 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

You "bother" because you believe what you write! Or maybe you don't? We are here for discussion (even though you wholly ignored my points and went for the more emotional responses). So you just stating "why bother" is a cop out. A sign of surrender. Unwilling to discuss what you believe against those who believe differently; in other words, unable to engage in discourse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join