It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British muslims react to the EDL... in a very British way

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Although Islam is generally thought of as being a recent arrival in England, there has been minor contact between the English and Muslims for many centuries. An early example would be the decision of Offa, the 8th-century King of Mercia (one of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms existing at that time), to have a coin minted with an Islamic inscription - largely a copy of coins issued by the contemporary Muslim ruler, Caliph Al-Mansur. It is thought

Your wiki link was about as usefull as i though it would be but thanks anyway

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

I said there are plenty of sources out there, this is just one. Why not try searching yourself? If you get carried away, go to the Public Archives - there is all sorts of info available there (assuming you have the time to search!).

Either way, documented immigration from 1585 onwards, so yes hundreds of years.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
For anyone interested, local media reports of the Open Day......

Mosque hosts open day after demonstration threats

Oh and Ivan, although you were only mucking about, others may not believe it is real. So for any like that, please note the green fields immediately behind were the football was played.

PS, Hope the cough is better.

edit on 29-5-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Fake, fake, fake!

Where did the football come from? Who was making the cups of tea? What score did the football match finish at?

All this happy-clappy nonsense is just a media-driven plot to make muslims appear reasonable and fun-loving.

I believe it's genuine.

Trust me, here in the UK you are never more than 10 metres away from a cup of tea or a soccer ball!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
reply to post by IvanAstikov

My wife is English (and currently in Kirkby in Ashfield visiting) and I know what custard cremes are because I had them last time I was there...

She's asleep now otherwise I'd ask her what a Hobnob is...

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight... can one of you fine people tell me what they are?

"Hobnob" does sound delightfuly dirty. Wake her up and ask her for a double Hobnob.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Dam00, not only is it true that Muslims have been living here for hundreds of years, but many of them became respected members of society. Of course, that was all before the slave trade kicked off, and people from other lands and other faiths were alienated and de-humanised, to make it easier for them to be sold.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by roguedesigner

A mosque has been praised for serving tea and biscuits to English Defence League supporters after the far-right group arranged a demonstration there.

I can't agree with EDL members protesting outside a mosque.

By all means subject Islam to the same open criticism that Christianity has been subject to for the last 40 years, but don't harass law abiding Muslims outside their Mosque.

That's just wrong.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Sorry dam00, been off-line for much of the day. Here's quite an in depth piece on the history of Islam in Britain...
edit on 29-5-2013 by roguedesigner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Though I am Biased and a bit bigoted through the mental tiredness of the on going religious and cultural tension's I used to be the most anti discriminatory person at one time except for the defence of my religion but as I have grown older I have come to appreciate the price and hard work of the preceding generation's that worked to safeguard this nation for there descendant's (which typically failed due to incompetent or just corrupt politicians), My main reservations are not race but religion and culture but though I am against it for moral and religious ground's when practiced by some groups there interpretation of there religion Islam can be quite beautiful which is for me sad as I do not wish to be opposite the people that I wish no ill toward, they have taken a leaf out of the old testament book of proverb's here "Gentle word's turn away anger".

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What a wonderful story, unfortunately we don't hear more of this going on in the world, even though it does happen all the time. For some odd reason the media can't ever seem to get around to covering these stories more...

Based on what we see in the media you would think that all Muslims are terrorists all Christians are like Westboro baptist church.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What no bacon and sausage sarnies ?? Boy these muslims have got a hell of a lot to learn

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Based on what we see in the media you would think that all Muslims are terrorists all Christians are like Westboro baptist church.
reply to post by wjones837

The Media have probably not heard of the concept of "Cherry Picking Scriptures", sure does keep stupidity levels a little lower

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Fake, fake, fake!

Where did the football come from? Who was making the cups of tea? What score did the football match finish at?

All this happy-clappy nonsense is just a media-driven plot to make muslims appear reasonable and fun-loving.

Muslims are not totally stupid. Anything muslims do at this point other then keeping their heads down or fleeing the country will up the ante. Hopefully Europeans wake up and fight one last crusade or else they will find themselves without a homeland.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The laws to stop what has happened in London are there. Now these spineless politicians just have to do what needs to be done. Put all hate preachers in jails. They call upon people to slay infidels and doing so, oviously, is a crime that can be punished with several years of prison. If there is success to such a call, the punishment can be even longer.
Those hate sprading imams are destroying society on both sites of the fence. Muslims become islamists and conservatives become right wing fanatics.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Fake, fake, fake!

Um yes, I wonder where the football came from at the 1914 kickabout on the western front at Christmas?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

No idea what you are meaning about from the post you posted... which appears in the box as a quote from someone else?

I was referring to WW2, if you were responding to me.

WW1... well... there's a film called Joyeux Noel.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
delusional fools believe this incident to be a harbinger of peace.

countless peoples, nations, kings, house, feed, support, and otherwise financially aid in crisis the same they later engage in war.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Fake, fake, fake!

No this happened

Google it

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nice move with the tea. But:

If a Christian gang hacked a Muslim apart in a Muslim country the other Christians living nearby would have been dragged out of their homes and burned on the streets. You have to remember that our Muslim population largely comes from places where this kind of crime would have lead to a mass slaughter in reprisal and none would have been punished.

Everyone's going on about nice Muslims here. I lived in a Pakistani and Turkish areas in London. Believe me there's an unpleasant streak running through both their cultures that seems to be derived from their common religion. To expect that kind of culture to be wiped out in a generation is unrealistic. Pakistan puts rape victims in prison, which explains the crappy attitude they have to women and fondness for sex crimes.

Of course there are decent Muslims that respect other cultures, but the nutters who killed that young soldier hide behind them, and support for things like Sharia and Jihad in the UK Muslim population run unfortunately high. Almost half of Muslims want Sharia in the UK, and it's the most barbaric legal system in existence. When asked about 20% of them sympathized with Muslim terrorist activities.

A few cups of tea won't make up for that level of backward-ass religious violence.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
i think that this action by members of the mosque to engage with the EDL was just brilliant.

i have found ATS a bit, er "gross" to return to after a week away, considering recent events in the UK and how many on ATS have reacted (ie: with predictable prejudice and hate). This thread has cheered me somewhat, as well as seeing that some horrible dog's head may not been seen around here quite so much.
edit on 30-5-2013 by skalla because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join