It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeks who are to poor to pay Taxes will be sent to Labor Camps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Greek here.

There is nothing true in the OP's post. No labor camps for Greek people is the truth.

A joke made by one of our left-wing politicians about Goulags has been erroneously translated into labor camps for Greek people.

[/quote
Yes we know about politicians and their jokes' we call them feelers to gauge public reaction, So show us the link for the Joke.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Looks like Greece is truly gone to the dogs ..
Locking up citizens who can no pay taxes is not a viable solution .. there are too many ..chances are there will be a massive revolt and heads be rollin' .. watch as see ..
America's prison business is booming also .. all privatized mostly ..the owners of these 'camps' are laughing all the way to the bank ..
Only way people around the world can stop this kind of seizure of liberties .. and Nazi tactics .. is a Global Revolution ..
There are too many things wrong with the world around us .. everywhere massive oppression, suffering and killing .. something BIG will happen very soon ..no way out folks ..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

First of, its a bill that is being proposed. Second there is no forced labor camp. It says if they don't pay tax they go to jail. They can substitute labor for jail days. Third, I agree everything is going down hill. Fourth, how do you not comply even if you are right but you live in greece with no guns and TPTB threaten to do whatever to you?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by junglimogli

The things is not that people can not afford paying taxes, but they do not want to. It has been problem for decades in all southern European nations. Tax evasion is popular in these areas. In Greece it was estimated every year there is around 30 billion of unpaid taxes.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is why we shouldn't give up our guns
Thanks for the info Op .

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

If you're unemployed you don't pay taxes...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Am i the only one who doesent understand a jack **** from the link OP posted ?
Seems to me like it's google translated and doesent really make any sense.

Do we have any Dutch/Belgian members on here who can give an accurate resume of the story ?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
reply to post by pavmas

First of, its a bill that is being proposed. Second there is no forced labor camp. It says if they don't pay tax they go to jail. They can substitute labor for jail days. Third, I agree everything is going down hill. Fourth, how do you not comply even if you are right but you live in greece with no guns and TPTB threaten to do whatever to you?

I don't know where you are coming from,
If you dont pay taxes you go to jail.
They can SUBSTITUTE Labor for days in jail, (JAIL) ( LABOR)
Right so its Labor Jails not Labor camps.

I must have got it wrong, so Greeks who don't pay their taxes will be sent to labor jails, which are a democracy you can do your long prison sentence for not paying taxes (taxes that have came about because they bailed out the banks ) and you can cut your sentence shorted by doing work.

I think I will just stick with Labor Camp.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Greek here.

There is nothing true in the OP's post. No labor camps for Greek people is the truth.

A joke made by one of our left-wing politicians about Goulags has been erroneously translated into labor camps for Greek people.

Greek here also, since im a bit behind with the news over there i asked around my house hold & they agree with you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by krzyspmac
reply to post by pavmas

Oh is that right' well do you want me to give you links in the UK where the unemployed now have to find 20% of the Council Tax bill.

Next year it will be UK poor and unemployed who cant pay their taxes who are Jaile in a Serco court and work in jail call centre.

The bedroom tax has already claimed victims and thats only been in a month.
news.sky.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

It is terrible what is happening in Britain I agree.

Dont forget selling the NHS and repalcing trained nurses [ registered nurses] with health care assistants, teachers with teaching assistants and policemen with police assistants [ whatever they are called - cannot recall].

This is being done because the British people are allowing it,

Is that really true about Greece though ?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

reply to post by pavmas

Oh is that right' well do you want me to give you links in the UK where the unemployed now have to find 20% of the Council Tax bill.

Next year it will be UK poor and unemployed who cant pay their taxes who are Jaile in a Serco court and work in jail call centre.

news.sky.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

In Plymouth and Cornwall they have to pay 20 % of their council tax from their benefits and certain London boroughs too.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thjere is the link to above. taking call centres from the outside where people are getting min wage and making prisoners do it for a fraction of the cost, make the unemployed workers poorer then put them inside doing the same job for food and board.

Serco got the contract.
serco runs the courts
serco runs the juddes
serco runs prisons

Serco can guarantee a stream of slaves.

If you owe debt on credit cards etc do the sensible thing and pay them. dont waste any money pay your debts so they cant come for you

We need to do some more looking on this the links given are so poor,
What Stella Rimington said to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia was this. "It would be better that the government recognised that there are risks, rather than frightening people in order to be able to pass laws which restrict civil liberties, precisely one of the objects of terrorism: that we live in fear and under a police state." That was some time ago, I see no reason for an about turn
Elsewhere and currently, she does ask people to report suspicious activity. That is a bit unfortunate, since some people can only behave irresponsibly, while police can be a bit thick and some innocent person could end up dead.
I can make no sense of why debtors should be confined at all, this is the most recent law on individual bankruptcy, circa 2010.

greeklawdigest.gr...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
reply to post by junglimogli

The things is not that people can not afford paying taxes, but they do not want to. It has been problem for decades in all southern European nations. Tax evasion is popular in these areas. In Greece it was estimated every year there is around 30 billion of unpaid taxes.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

Bit like Google / Amazon / Coffee Republic and many many more then....

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace

Greek here.

Greek here also, since im a bit behind with the news over there i asked around my house hold & they agree with you.

Yeah the greeks never saw the Bankers taking over their country either, They banned teacher strikes they have banned demonstrations, we will just have to wait and see.

But we know its coming to the uk, its only a matter of time before they jail the unemployed, they jail you in the Uk for non payment of council tax if you constantly dont pay, and if you have a choice of eating or opaying tax you eat.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So if its here in the Uk you can bet your boots its coming to the rest of the EU.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Greek here.

Yeah the greeks never saw the Bankers taking over their country either, They banned teacher strikes they have banned demonstrations, we will just have to wait and see.

But we know its coming to the uk, its only a matter of time before they jail the unemployed, they jail you in the Uk for non payment of council tax if you constantly dont pay, and if you have a choice of eating or opaying tax you eat.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So if its here in the Uk you can bet your boots its coming to the rest of the EU.

When you read that link from the BBC take note that funding was cut by government by 10% but the unemployed have to pay 20% and pick up the tab for the old and the disabled, so you have unemployed people paying tax for the old and disabled if that is not meant to cause hate and resent ment I dont know what is.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

reply to post by pavmas

news.sky.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

In Plymouth and Cornwall they have to pay 20 % of their council tax from their benefits and certain London boroughs too.

Sorry saw your reply after I posted, thats right government cuts 10% but unemployed pay 20% because councils are making Old and disabled exempt. Now we have a situation where the poorest are picking up the tab for others, this will cause attacks on the old and the disabled when the bills mount up and the baliffs call, I think this is meant and meant to have poorest at each others throat.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Communism is now took grip in Europe,

Greeks who are to poor to pay and owe taxes will be sent to labor camps where they will have to work to pay off the debt.
www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Britain we now have secret courts private companies issuing summons which is against the law, Our courts and justice system is to be privatised, They have sold our water, Gas and National Grid to private companies.

You need to get your systems of government straightened out in your post.

Private control of everything is a hallmark of capitalist countries.

Government control of everything is a hallmark of communist countries.

What you're describing is capitalist domination, but your very first sentence goes after communism.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by pavmas

It is terrible what is happening in Britain I agree.

Dont forget selling the NHS and repalcing trained nurses [ registered nurses] with health care assistants, teachers with teaching assistants and policemen with police assistants [ whatever they are called - cannot recall].

This is being done because the British people are allowing it,

Is that really true about Greece though ?

I actually told my family a few years ago that the NHS would start shutting services, but in well to do areas that are mostly middle class areas they wont notice any difference at first.

What they will do is put services out to tender, say for instance to run a cancer ward, If it cost the NHS £540 million a year to run then Serco will say we can run it at£400m, they get the contract running the cancer ward, once the NHS team doctors nurses are disbanded then we see that they got the costing wrong and that it actually costs £800 million, pay it or we will have to shut the unit down as we are losing £400 million a year..

The tories do it with every thing, they shut the pits because coal was cheaper from china and once they were shut and full of water coal went up 30% a month, I had a rayburn and had to dump it that was in the 80s. They privatised the buses and the buses said we are withdrawing routes that dont make a profit so now they get £millionms in grants, The sold the trains now the trains get millions in grants now its the prisons the court, and once its the court watch how high fines rise, you think 20% rise in fuel bills is expensive wait till the courts set fines for maximum profit. Britain is Now a communist country and anyone that ignores what is happening in front of them is not paying attention

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Greek here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The average folks never saw it coming, only those in the high places in the know knew what was in store, sad what is happening in Greece especially in all of europe & the uk. Imo i have a sneaky suspicion its to shift wealth to the richer, its an old trick & it goes like this "debt a country to the piont where you can offer it a bail out in exchange for fire sale of its assets" and all this from none existant money simply just key typed in a comp in numbers.

We need to wake up & tell them enough is enough, sooner or later we all gonna have to stand up to theses money hungry tyrants. Hope we dont leave it to late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join