It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret to happiness is _______ for a dying man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I have a family member who's not expected to live past this year. Would you please share your opinion of what the happiness secret is, for the little time he has left?

I just lost my Mother a week ago today. She had been on Hospice and home care for almost two years.

It is difficult to pinpoint the answer to this kind of question because the very definition of happiness is such a wide avenue. I hope, with all my heart, that my Mother found happiness simply in being with family and those who loved her during her last days. Beyond that... I don't think it can be answered except by the person in question and even then... it may be difficult, if not incredibly trying.

You do the best you can. You give yourself from your heart in the search to bring them peace and comfort. But... the happiness part of this human equation belongs to those who are there on the edge of forever.

My personal belief is that it doesn't end here... the next step just begins.

Wishing you and your loved one God's love and peace.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I have a family member who's not expected to live past this year. Would you please share your opinion of what the happiness secret is, for the little time he has left?

I just lost my Mother a week ago today. She had been on Hospice and home care for almost two years.

It is difficult to pinpoint the answer to this kind of question because the very definition of happiness is such a wide avenue. I hope, with all my heart, that my Mother found happiness simply in being with family and those who loved her during her last days. Beyond that... I don't think it can be answered except by the person in question and even then... it may be difficult, if not incredibly trying.

You do the best you can. You give yourself from your heart in the search to bring them peace and comfort. But... the happiness part of this human equation belongs to those who are there on the edge of forever.

My personal belief is that it doesn't end here... the next step just begins.

Wishing you and your loved one God's love and peace.

Redoubt, what a beautiful post, and I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with your belief that this life is not all there is. I'm sure that your mother took great comfort in your company. I wish that my brother-in-law could do the same. I really think that the cancer, which has now spread to his brain, is affecting his behavior and overall outlook. It's strange how some people get clarity at the end about what's important, and others don't.

<< 1   >>

join