It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Launches Investigation Of AG Eric Holder For Lying Under Oath

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

When are you people going to realize that both side of the isle are to blame for America going to $h!t in a hand basket? They both are corrupt and are destroying America! Why waist all your energy pointing out one party? Republicans suck! Democrats suck! You really need to free yourself! Once you do, you will find you have more time to focus on other things more worthy.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Destinyone

When will you get it...Bush is not POTUS anymore...hasn't been for a long time.....

Des

I am quite capable of understanding that bit.

However, my point concerns the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. So my question still stands.

This is NOT about the Republican party. IT'S ABOUT ERIC HOLDER. Own it already.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I really wish people would see that the two party system is used for divisive reasons. They have programmed us to think one party is honest the other not so honest. Back and forth every four years. Vicious cycle don't ya think? Same crooks different suites.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

/agree

"Team" politics by nature allows for defense of whichever team is in power. If one teams guys are in charge there will be a large segment ready to defend.

We see this play out time and time again no matter the scandal.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Typical liberal blame Bush.(really wtf?) This thread has nothing to do with Bush and your comment should be removed.

Obama has had 5 years to rectify the situation and the only thing he has done is surround himself with criminals.

It is the same old story where a mediocre looking girl surrounds her self with fat ugly chick to make herself look good. Holder just happens to be the fat ugly chick, and I'm sorry to say but even he doesn't make Obama look good.

To the op. I clearly think that Holder intentionally lied under oath. He should be punished the same as any 1 who lies in a congressional hearing. If it were you or me we would already be incarcerated waiting on a trial.

Where is the justice?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To those who keep saying this is all about republicans (and you know who you are)...democrats in congress are also becoming fully aware that Holder lied under oath. Why?; because they can read.

Keep in mind, that the left-leaning press will also not make too great an effort to come to Holder's support or defense, as they know that, under him, their brethren at the AP and Fox were targeted by the DOJ. They know they could have been next...if, secretly, they aren't already.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

If anybody could be prosecuted for leaking classified information, it would be whoever 'leaked' information to the reporter and the reporter has no liability whatsoever and could not be prosecuted. I suppose they could ask the reporter who the source was, but that's about it.

This would be the reason the gov wanted the reporter call records, right? To attempt to find the source.

No. You could never legitimately justify a warrant to search anything regarding the reporter because there's no reason to believe the reporter committed any crime. Additionally, although some information is 'classified' per se, it still doesn't mean it's not still available in front of everyone's eyes.

Lastly, messing with the press, which is guaranteed freedom by the First Amendment, is stupid. And illegal for an attorney general.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is GREAT news. I really wish that corrupt politicians would start getting prosecuted for their crimes more often. This person alone should have been prosecuted for many things already, seeing as how he broke the law on multiple occasions. Just because someone is a politician does not mean they don't have to abide by the laws of this country. It is common sense really. But these types of people feel that their positions of power make them untouchable. They have no moral compass, and I have long stated that they are the worst type of people to run a nation.

I have also preached that those who seek power over others in the first place are not the kind of people we want representing us and running our country. Because to seek out power in the first place probably indicates some sort of personality disorder, a psychological problem, seeing as how normal people do not have delusions of grandeur, and do not seek out this much power. I could be wrong, I admit, but it seems quite logical to me. Maybe not with every single person who seeks power, but there are bound to be some. Probably quite a few actually.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Is THIS finally the beginning of the end of Attorney General Eric Holder?
It certainly seems clear that the man lied!
edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 5/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags, not quote for external content. Fixed links.

And it was the MSM that broke the story... the same MSM that conspiracy theorists tell us to ignore...
edit on 28/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Given how desperate the Republicans are at the moment to find some kind of scandal to scream from the rooftops about, I'm guessing that the next one will be on the lines of "Obama, Reid and Holder are murdering billions of innocent oxygen molecules every minute by breathing!!! Oh noes!!!!"

edit on 28-5-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

Spin away it only weakens you in the eyes of the members and readers on ATS. Anyone with a half a brain is starting to see this kind of crap for what it is.

Progressives will always try and underscore or switch blame somewhere else. Also they love to attack the messenger instead of the message itself. Men are easy to attack ideas not so much. Also I notice your other posts tries to point at Bush.
He is old news why even bring him up?

I have a idea why not hold both sides to simple standards like being honest.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Is THIS finally the beginning of the end of Attorney General Eric Holder?
It certainly seems clear that the man lied!
edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 5/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags, not quote for external content. Fixed links.

And it was the MSM that broke the story... the same MSM that conspiracy theorists tell us to ignore...
edit on 28/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

I believe the story was first broken by The Hill (online publication). I'm not sure if it's part of MSM or not.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I would think that judge shopping would be the smoking gun that would indict Holder for perjury.

I just heard about that judge shopping this morning.....

Just another in a long line of disgusting behavior from Holder.
Obama's mini-me (holder) should be in jail.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Given how desperate the Republicans are at the moment

duuuuude ... seriously ... no one is buying that spin. And posting how supposedly 'desperate republicans are' just makes the poster look like the one who is desperate. This isn't a left/right thing. It's a right/wrong. thing.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If At First You Don't Succeed? Report: Holder Went Judge-Shopping for James Rosen Subpoena

The latest report indicates that Holder went to three different federal judges as he sought a warrant for Rosen's emails. On the third try, Royce Lamberth granted the request.

foxnewsinsider.com...

About Judge Lamberth:

Lamberth overturned the rulings of two other Federal Judges when he approved a search warrant for Fox News reporter, James Rosen's personal e-mails and phone records related to a story that he was working on in relation to the North Korean nuclear program. The warrant had been sought by the Holder Justice Department, and the subpoena had been denied by the first two judges who had reviewed the request, saying that it was improper.[11]
Lamberth later issued an apology from the bench, stating that the procedure that the court had followed in the matter was improper.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Star that FF
The best way to be rid of tyranny is to have it act like one...publically

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They never go to jail any longer. He'll step down and go about his merry way making oddles of money speaking in front of wealthy people that don't know what else to do with all their ill gotten loot.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have supported the president, but have never liked Holder. He just seems slimy, like you wouldn't invite him into your house.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Obama still expresses confidence in...and complete support for Holder. So much so, that he trusts Holder to investigate himself.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

When will you get it...Bush is not POTUS anymore...hasn't been for a long time.....

Des

I am quite capable of understanding that bit.

However, my point concerns the hypocrisy of the Republican Party. So my question still stands.

It's the same as the hypocrisy of the Democratic party, oh except when they sat and watched George W distroy freedom in the good ol' USA.

Don't act like the democrats are any better, lol.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
But....but... Bush did this..Bush did that... Best.defense.ever.

Both presidents were pieces of crap. Would you justify hitler by screaming about stalin?
I am sick of being called a racist republican(I am neither) just because I can see that the emperor has no clothes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join