It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food's That Can Kill You...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I don't know all about the cherry thing? I used to sit down as a kid with a popcorn bowl filled with bing cherries from my parents tree eating the entire thing.....Might have to hit the bathroom, but nothing crazy!!

The sushi......Really? Who didn't know that going in? Raw fish......Kinda speaks for itself

Baby octopus tentacles raw? Um......No thanks.....

Pretty cool find though.....Never knew about the fruit or kidney bean thing.....

Just to satisfy the OCD pedant in me...

Sushi ISN'T raw fish, it's the rice combined with other ingredients hence why you can have vegetable sushi.

Sashimi is the raw meat/fish most people confuse with sushi and that's served on it's own.
And it's bloody lovely!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

I did not know that about unpasteurized honey, and I even read the long honey thread lol. Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I didnt know that either about carrot greens. I can just imagine people chopping up every bit an throwing it all into a big pot for soup, I would prob be guilty of doing that if I liked carrots lol but I dont eat them at all. Its amazing how uneducated we find ourselves about food. Thanks

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Puffer fish, of course, they can kill you if not properly prepared.

Oh, and something YOU guys won't run into, but you can't eat adult poke. Only the tender fresh greens in the spring. Old poke'll make you sick. Even then, you have to cook it three times, once in salt water and twice in fresh, discarding the water in between.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting thread

but....

any food can kill you technically

also I have eaten raw kidney beans, i do so every time i make a chilli and i have yet to end up in hospital or dead.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They also eat live whole baby octopus in Korea . There's a special technique to getting if all wrapped on the chopsticks to eat it with no problems .
There's also a very famous scene in the Korean movie OLD BOY ,of a very adventurous attempt to eat a big live octopus .
I find it gross. Octopus are very intelligent animals .

Also ,in Japan ,there's a type of glutenous rice substance called mochi .
It comes in many forms ,but when eaten hot and soft ,its a choking hazard ,especially to the young and old .
It's eaten for good at during New years celebrations in Japan ,and there's always an elderly death toll from choking on mochi ,the day after new years .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join