It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor African Country - Rapid Production Of Military Equipment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If some troubled (I use the term "poor" very loosely here - if only in relation to the wealthiest countries) African country like Nigeria or Ghana suddenly produced a dozen warships and a dozen fighter jets and a dozen attack helicopters and a dozen transport helicopters and a dozen military planes as well as dozens of transport vehicles (military and civilian), all of which were on par with (if not better than) even the best of the American fleet, would the rest of the world be concerned?

Basically, in this scenario, Nigeria starts erecting (on Wednesday, June 5 2013) massive tents and massive hangars on its coast and in the Northern part of the country which are heavily guarded. After a few days, anti-aircraft systems are brought out of the tents an hangars and dot around the heavily guarded complexes, with armed soldiers stationed around the entire areas. Thereafter, no activity is noted after three months. Subsequently, on Wednesday August 7 2013, the aforementioned jets and helicopter and warships (near the coast) are produced from these tents and hangars, with no apparent large orders from foreign countries being noted (i.e. if you're producing these types of equipment, you'd order different parts from different countries - e.g. manufacturing in China, engine parts from some European countries, parts from Russia etc etc).

Would the rest of the world be concerned? Suspicious? Intensely interested? Or would some countries go the extra mile? Spying? Even further - invasion? (Doubtful...)

Or, in apposition to this and related, what if a troubled and poor African country suddenly began to rapidly advance with no apparent explanation for where they were getting their food, resources etc from?

To further spice up the situation, what if after 3 months, two orbital satellites were launched from those tents? I'm sure that would draw questions in the least - but would there be more than that? Would the response from the rest of the world be more than questions?
edit on 5/28/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Yes the some of the world would be concerned. They would be concerned that this country would use said weapons to take over other countries.

The would wonder where they are getting the weapons from. Are they homemade, are they stolen, are they from another country?

I'm sure spies would be dispatched to try and figure out the technology that allows them to generate resources and food in a harsh environment. They would want that technology for themselves to feed themselves during droughts and other harsh growing conditions.

The part I think that would scare the other countries the most would be the orbital satellites. Which means that they have the technology to send rockets into space (or other unknown technology); one must assume they have ballistic capabilities and have means to strike out other countries.

All this is especially interesting as the 2nd Conquest of Africa is underfoot.
edit on 28-5-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

join