It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Russia: "We will know what to do".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its appear after planning to sell S300's to Syria, then Russian Defence Minister then saying the deal is off, to now stating once again they WILL sell them the s300's + longe range missiles now (to maybe sweeten the deal).

Israel's response:

Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon said the Russian missile systems had not yet left Russia. "I hope they will not leave, and if, God forbid, they reach Syria, we will know what to do," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 28-5-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I hope they send them. Nothing like good theatre in the mid-east. *Gets popcorn*

So is this like when Russia sold Iran the UAVs but also sold Israel the kill codes for said UAVs?

or was that missiles? And was it China or Russia? Heck, I always forget what happened on last season episodes...

Found it, it was codes to anti-aircraft which were sold to Iran that Israel got.

www.israelhayom.com...

Is it snowing in Russia? Because I want to go lollerskating.

As part of alleged deal, Russia has given Israel codes to TOR-M1 defense system while Israel has provided Russia with codes to hack UAV spy planes it sold to Georgia, according to email exchange between employees at global intelligence firm Stratfor.

Yoni Hirsch, Eli Leon and Israel Hayom Staff

Israel may already have the codes to crack into Iran’s anti-aircraft missile defense systems, according to WikiLeaks, which on Tuesday continued to publish email conversations by employees from the Texas-based Stratfor global intelligence firm.

edit on 28-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is quite concerning ("quite"); in that, I guess what Israel means is that they will destroy the missile defense systems once they're delivered?

At least, I hope that's what they mean...? Because, I couldn't possibly believe that they mean something more drastic - e.g. destroying the delivery whilst in transit from Russia to Syria (which would be tantamount to an act of war against Russia!) or...even more unrealistically...somehow stopping Russia from delivering (which is just fantasy - Israel would never attack Russia - if they did, I predict that aliens will also land this Sunday whilst simultaneously playing AC/DC on their interstellar music players! :lol

So, what does Israel mean? At the very least (if not the very most), they are implying/insinuating that they will again breach Syrian airspace to destroy what they want. I don't know what Russia's response will be to this but I guess we can predict what Syria's response will be - i.e. inaction like last time...or maybe something different this time...

Having said all of this, this "conflict" that we're seeing here seems to be slowly boiling...and spreading... it's almost like the run-up to "A Big One", but I wouldn't want to over-exaggerate. But if someone plays one wrong move, a dangerous domino effect could ensue...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ummm.. They'll know what to do? Yeah... If they attack a weapons transfer happening at the Port in Tartus or another location with as many Russians as Syrians still in the middle of it, when the explosions come? Well, Russia will know just what to do as well.

Israel is getting FAR FAR too arrogant for a pipsqueak like they are in the world sense. They are a REGIONAL superpower and I'll never argue that. Globally though? They are a contender....and nothing more. In a game at the levels of Russia and the United States? Israel is a side battle. A campaign to distract for a few days or weeks....to scorched earth and nothing alive left behind.

Revelations suggests the world will see a collective attack in force and in depth from the North against the State of Israel. I'd REALLY appreciate it if Israel not seek new ways of MAKING that whole thing come true and happen. God may well protect his "chosen ones", if the Bible holds truth. However, those war mongers in Israel (not to include about 90 of the population that happen to live there) may be fatally surprised as how limited and how selective that "protection" terms out to really be. It may come like a Tornado. One house totally obliterated while another, 100 yards away, is untouched.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If the Israelis want to threaten the Russians, that's their business.

They will not have the support of the American people, but only our government who they have brought and paid for.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This could end similar to the situation where Russia dispatched a cargo ship carrying attack helicopters bound for Syria. Through pressure from the UK, the ship was forced to return to Russia.

Israel will strike a shipment in Syria, as they have already demonstrated if they deem is necessary, but I think its another thing to Slap Russia in the face with such a provocative action.

In any case, we certainly have seen a degeneration of the situation.

I see a lot of parallels between the current situation and the U.S civil war.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Lots of British people & American people would love Russia & China & Iran to sort Israel out once and for all, America wont help Israel simply because Russia & China have better fighting equipment than USA have at this time, O what good fun we have, must make sure I have got some drinks & Crisps in the house and watch match live on Sky TV, results Russia & China 10, Israel,,, OMG they are not on planet to give results too.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well...knowing that codes have been openly given away before, if i were a Syrian and in charge of those weapons systems bought from Russia, the very first thing i would be doing is changing all of the codes.

How hard can that be?

Swap out control boards, reprogramme the operating system, change the operating system for a domestic version, there's probably much that Syria can do to mitigate Russia giving the codes away.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Perhaps the Israeli people might think a tad differently from their government when it issues such bumptious threats.

Israel had people on the streets protesting about the increase to their cost of living. So how many people living there are going to want their hard earned tax wasted on bombing a neighbour and consequently offending one of the most powerful nations in the world, whom is also allied to China.

Israel gets so much Western aid purely because of its strategic position but the self-proclaimed 'chosen' have been losing the popularity battle and may find that although allied governments might wish to help them back up their threats, a large majority of their own voters won't want their governments involved.

I suspect many people wish that a big enough dummy could be found to push into the mouths of meddling, sabre rattling politicians whose ego's are far more important to them personally, than the people they are supposed to represent and verbally put at risk.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It sounds like everyone is buying junk that can't be used
Talk about wasting money
I suppose that the defense contractors of the US are selling codes to Russia

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One way or the other it wouldnt matter...Russia could not sustain a major conflict for very long if they wanted to...limited yes but not all out...no worries there about a Russian smackdown...Just Putin trying to shake things around and remind people they "used" to be a super power....

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4uRussia & China have better fighting equipment than USA have at this time,

Umm... I fail to believe this.

American Nuclear Powered subs have Trident Missiles with MIRV and can take out every Chinese and Russia city at once, with like 10 subs.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
How big are Israeli b*lls without American support?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
Perhaps the Israeli people might think a tad differently from their government when it issues such bumptious threats.

Israel had people on the streets protesting about the increase to their cost of living. So how many people living there are going to want their hard earned tax wasted on bombing a neighbour and consequently offending one of the most powerful nations in the world, whom is also allied to China.

Israel gets so much Western aid purely because of its strategic position but the self-proclaimed 'chosen' have been losing the popularity battle and may find that although allied governments might wish to help them back up their threats, a large majority of their own voters won't want their governments involved.

I suspect many people wish that a big enough dummy could be found to push into the mouths of meddling, sabre rattling politicians whose ego's are far more important to them personally, than the people they are supposed to represent and verbally put at risk.

"consequently offending one of the most powerful nations in the world, whom is also allied to China"
Lets not get crazy...Russia is still broke still behind on tech and there is such a huge drinking problem in the military they can barely guard their nukes..and China and Russia are two different types of communism...wouldnt be too worried about that alliance really taking off for a big beat down...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Found this to add.

Israel warns of action over Russian plan to give missiles to Syria's Assad

(NBCNEWS.com)-A senior Israeli defense official warned on Tuesday that Russia’s plan to send sophisticated anti-aircraft weapons systems to Syria’s President Bashar Assad was a “threat” and signaled Israel could take some form of unspecified action in response.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Seems to me that ALL the nations are just chomping at the bit to start WW3 - maybe it has something to do with the impending financial implosion - They would rather have WW3 start, than to tell everyone in the world that their money is worth nothing.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Russia will drop the missles off get paid and most likely call up Israel and give them the location so they can destroy them. For Russia its win win. They get paid and they also get to keep close ties with Israel and that military tech they need so badly from them. Syria gets screwed of course but a dying regime just a chance to milk it dry before it crashes.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Russia will drop the missles off get paid and most likely call up Israel and give them the location so they can destroy them. For Russia its win win. They get paid and they also get to keep close ties with Israel and that military tech they need so badly from them. Syria gets screwed of course but a dying regime just a chance to milk it dry before it crashes.

The ONLY intelligent post in this thread. Seriously.

Putin and his gang worships money, not any being higher than himself.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
UPDATED link:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's defense chief said Tuesday a Russian plan to supply sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles to Syria was a "threat" and signaled that Israel is prepared to use force to stop the delivery.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
UPDATED link:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's defense chief said Tuesday a Russian plan to supply sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles to Syria was a "threat" and signaled that Israel is prepared to use force to stop the delivery.

news.yahoo.com...

It's a little contradictory, and I think AP may have misread the situation. The Israeli minister said if the missiles reach Syria they know what to do. It's highly unlikely that Israel would attempt to stop the shipment before it reached Syria (as AP suggests) for obvious reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join