It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant woman arrested in Oldham, for carrying British flag.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The video shows a woman (with child) being arrested on a North of England street for carring a British flag.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, to be honest we don't know what she's being arrested for. The video does not show much, we would need to know the back story and what led to the arrest.

Here is the YouTube video...

A person who commented Here suggests that there is more going on than meets the eye...

I believe the back of the flag said “no more mosques” and was causing unrest, Police released a statement to say nobody was actually arrested and a flag had been confiscated.

edit on 28-5-2013 by Dominar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This was discussed earlier.
She hasn't been arrested for anything.
The police made a statement.
She was however causing some issues & linked to the EDL.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

Apparently the flag had written on it no more mosques

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
This was discussed earlier.
She hasn't been arrested for anything.
The police made a statement.
She was however causing some issues & linked to the EDL.

I started a thread about this yesterday
Woman allegedly arrested for carrying a Union Jack Flag (In Oldham England)

On page 3 (I think) There is a statement from the woman

She was with the EDL
She was carrying a Union Jack & a flag which had "No More Mosques" written on it
She wasnt Arrested
And there is no Proof she did anything wrong (except maybe exercise her right to peacefull protest)
edit on 28-5-2013 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is what gets me upset that we can't even protest peacefully in our own country. Also my family member was told they couldn't use the Great Britain flag emblem on their number plate as it needed to be the EU emblem lol. Well took no notice and they now have the England flag on there. British citizens are being treated like # in their own damn country and foreigners who have never contributed into the system gets free stuff and that has put a huge dent into our NHS which is now on brink on collapse. If we built lots of churches in lets say Dubai that would cause outcry or its against their laws. Here they sprout and build huge mosques which has to be against the building regulations due to the size of the building.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

reply to post by Sk8ergrl

It is good to hear she was not arrested. However it does seem to be a blow to ones right to peaceful protest. Even if her message was offending some she should have the right to do it.

Over here we have the WBC jerks (the nicest word I could think of), and their message is pure hate. However, I suppose they have the right to speak hate. At the same time while it might not be the right thing to do I also suppose someone could punch them in the face as well. Ones right to free speech carries risks with others who might not agree be their actions right or wrong.

I wish we knew more. It seems almost as if they should have let her be to me with the information I am seeing.

Raist

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by dam00

reply to post by Sk8ergrl

It is good to hear she was not arrested. However it does seem to be a blow to ones right to peaceful protest. Even if her message was offending some she should have the right to do it.

Over here we have the WBC jerks (the nicest word I could think of), and their message is pure hate. However, I suppose they have the right to speak hate. At the same time while it might not be the right thing to do I also suppose someone could punch them in the face as well. Ones right to free speech carries risks with others who might not agree be their actions right or wrong.

I wish we knew more. It seems almost as if they should have let her be to me with the information I am seeing.

Raist

Speaking ones mind and expressing an opinion is not the same as being violent, I do hope you understand that.
They say words hurt, well I suppose if I rolled up a news paper and beat you about the face and head with it then yes they might.

edit on 28-5-2013 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

I never said they were the same. I said using freedom of speech has consequences, which it does. I also said that while it might not be the right thing to do, someone could punch them in the face. Of course if they did they would face assault charges.

I was not condoning violence just pointing out that violence can happen to you for peacefully speaking your opinion. Not everyone will agree with you and some will be offended. I do not believe anyone has a right to not be offended. However, that will not stop some from pounding a mud puddle in you if they do not agree.

I do hope that you can see in my post that I never once condoned violence.

At the same time while it might not be the right thing to do I also suppose someone could punch them in the face as well. Ones right to free speech carries risks with others who might not agree be their actions right or wrong.

See the bolded part?

Raist

top topics

join