It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

revelations is a cypher?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm I the only person that read this thread over and over but only saw gibberish??
Seriously.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
His feet weren't literally brass.

Oh. Okay, thanks for the clarification!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I thought that Revelations was written by someone who was high on magic mushrooms?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'm I the only person that read this thread over and over but only saw gibberish??
Seriously.

Well we are still trying to make sense of it ourselves.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I thought that Revelations was written by someone who was high on magic mushrooms?

No, I think you're confusing with Twilight series.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Originally posted by StarsInDust
How can he have white hair? He was a young man when he departed, unless he decided to really hang around all these centuries and now he really does have white hair

Uh.. Maybe because white is the color of purity? White is all colours put together.

Or because he is the Ancient of Days described in Daniel 7, which explains why he returns looking like the Ancient of Days in Revelation 1.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Right. Thanks again...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Originally posted by leostokes reply to post by RevelationsDivad In the body it is given: Brass feet - which is a specific persons feet. White hair - which is a specific persons hair and other identifications of a specific person Have you decoded the identity of the specific person? It's Jesus.

Oh ok, I can accept that explanation. The RGB light color spectrum.

Was the brass feet actually the nails, or something else?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
Was the brass feet actually the nails, or something else?

Dunno. I'm not a christian, never read the Bible. But as Lonewolf pointed out the book was translated many times... maybe the original word wasn't literally brass, just a metaphor but it wasn't translated as such. Just like when you try translating a text, through Google Translate, from the hebrew - to greek - to latin - to finally english, a couple of words may have been twisted by the process.

Going to log out now. See y'all!

edit on 28-5-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm I the only person that read this thread over and over but only saw gibberish?? Seriously.
reply to post by boncho

Well, probably not the only one that saw gibberish; however, he did say he was writing in code. So take from that what you will. He is either a genius, or...well it's up to you to decide.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by leostokes
reply to post by swanne

Methuselah lived for 969 years.

True, yet he died before his father did.

How is this possible?

Would his father be Enoch? Taken to heaven and walking with God?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

In the body it is given: Brass feet - which is a specific persons feet. White hair - which is a specific persons hair
and other identifications of a specific person

The OP seems to be telling us that he can correctly interpret the book of Revelation. Furthermore, he seems to say that the book is coded and he has the key. I doubt his thesis.

My strategy to debunk him is to narrow the debate to just one issue. I picked the issue at random. Namely, what does his decoding reveal about the identity of the "specific person".

The strategy is not to TELL him his error but to SHOW him his error.

Of course, he may be right.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Why would Revelations have some kind of hidden meaning to it? Scripture isn't some kind of puzzle game where you have to do detective work and find the pieces to solve the puzzle. Scripture is what it is: God's Word, perfect, without error, Christ's mind, the instructions to us (the slaves) from our Master.

If our Master wanted to play games He would have. Instead, He gave us clear instructions that could be read at face value. Unfortunately, poor translations have caused a lot of confusion, but thankfully we can go back to the original Hebrew and Greek and get a true understanding of Scripture.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Have you Not heard of the Da Vinci Code.

You might apply this to Revelations and see what you get. You may be surprised.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

In the body it is given: Brass feet - which is a specific persons feet. White hair - which is a specific persons hair
and other identifications of a specific person

Have you decoded the identity of the specific person?

It is not Jesus it is the one that will be by his side. No one will know his name.
edit on 28-5-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree that Revelations is a coded document but I think your interpretation is way off the mark. I recommend the theories of Barbara Thiering, an Australian theologian, who has (in my opinion) demonstrated convincingly that Revelations is an account of the early history of Christianity and the role played in it by Jesus/Yeshua and his disciples. More than that, she has also shown that the Book of John is the book that Jesus wrote with the aid of John acting as his amanuensis. Her theories explain, with complete logic, the underlying meanings of Gospel stories such as the story of the loaves and fishes.
Her work is highly controversial because it blows apart conventional Christian belief systems. Jesus didn't die on the cross, he survived, married and had children.
Absolutely no-one has presented a reasoned, point by point rebuttal of her work. Either they can't, because she's right or they won't because to engage with her gives her academic validity and forces consideration of her claims. I predict that her case will seen in time to be so strong that Jesus will lose his divine status and be seen, as he was, a Jew and a man of his time. A genuine Jewish Messiah (aka Jewish King), the rightful King of Israel and therefore an implicit threat to Herod, a puppet King placed to rule by the Romans.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwingduck

reply to post by swanne

How is this possible?

Enoch didn't go to heaven, he went to paradise which is probably the garden of Eden. Jesus said he is the only one to ever ascend or descend from heaven.

John 3:13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Have you Not heard of the Da Vinci Code.

You might apply this to Revelations and see what you get. You may be surprised.

Dan Brown's book of pure fiction. I wouldn't apply his book for wiping my ass.
edit on 28-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

It's Jesus.

Candid question, I know, but... Jesus had brass feet?
I should really read the Bible some times. It's just that I have the English translation, which is not exactly faithful to the original in greek.

You have to step in the mind of a Jew. Brass is the Levitical metal that symbolizes judgment because it can withstand fire. And at Christ's 2nd coming he is coming to judge the nations, see Joel chapter 2 and Isaiah 62 or 64 I believe.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwingduck

reply to post by swanne

How is this possible?

Yes. It's a bit more difficult asking the trivia Q over the net where Google is a click away. If you answered that without Google, I tip my hat because most are stumped by that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join