It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal to lock copyright infringing computers.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This doesn't sound plausible. I seriously doubt that Microsoft will allow their OS to be locked up on purpose.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

They will if they get paid enough.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm going to live in a field. I don't know what's going on anymore.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
this will happen if people keep buying tablet pc's.

Tablet PC you really have no control no power, everything is locked, unless you jail break it.
Keep supporting big greedy corporations they are going to control their users to satisfy their pockets.

What I wanna see is more people using normal computers and use the tablets for when they go on trips away.
Tablets will be the death of the desktop and that in the long run will be a bad thing.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

This has probably already been mentioned but to get this to work it would have to be a prebuilt chip on the mother board which actively cross reference information from the processor.
If this is going to be software on windows 9 or something I give it one week before its cracked.
Would be far to intrusive having this built into every new machine.

So imho it wont happen.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Honestly, to overcome Copyrights they will just invent a new medium.

maybe a lossless version of audio encoded on crystal or special water cube, then in order to copyright infringe this new tech, you'll need some high priced gear as well. A purposely made medium that uses money to make sure you cannot copy.

I can always run dual boot with linux and win x, if It really got bad, not to mention this wouldn't deter the majority of pirates, since they are the savy users who would use dual boot or OS clones anyways. You can only tell people to stop taking your stuff, you cannot actually make them stop doing it, without :

A: ridding yourself of stuff
B: allowing stuff to be everyones
C: placing stuff in a box, wrapped and bowed, but with a pie on a spring inside, with a wrench inside that

( Funny that they went with letter C, of course Digitally, ( since it's digitally you cannot monitor 24/7 like your car or home, sorry rambos )

On a honest note, it's just like trying to stop viruses and malware, funny how the two unsolvable issues online merged together to form the ultra unsolvable oxymoron.... The Malware Copyright Cracker! lol And if you believe that will work I have Little TaxslayingTrolldolls to sell you, gotta buy one at a time, and pay shipping handling, and you will lower your taxes....*shrug*
edit on 28-5-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: to explain the rambo paradox

They have always tried ... in the 1980's, they would deliberately corrupt one random unused sector of a floppy disk as a copylock. You wouldn't know what that sector was, but if you tried to copy the disk, the corrupted data wouldn't copy.

Then there were "dongles", which were little boxes that plugged into a serial port. They implemented a simple logic operation like a hash-key. If the results didn't match what the software application expected, then no application for you.

Modern day applications have a security system based on a encryption key built from IP addresses, hardware serial numbers, dates and other hardware parameters. Change anything and the software locks down.

DVD's were supposed to be copy-proof, allowing distributors to control worldwide sales based on region. Practically it didn't work because people would go on holiday and buy DVD's to watch while abroad, only to find that they wouldn't work back home or on their laptop. Then someone invented DeCSS which was a bit of software that held all the encryption keys. They tried to make that piece of software illegal, but it was such a
small piece of code, that it could be defined as the n'th prime number, which in turn could be converted into a zip file and decompressed. Thus inventing the concept of "illegal numbers".

For a while, some PC manufacturers actually had the hardware video decompression transported to an overlay screen, so that even if you did try and make a video from the screen, all you would get is a blank window.
But then someone just pipes the video output as input to a TV card, so that flopped. Similarly with audio.

Whenever audio or video has to be presented, it has to be converted into photons and sound waves. Those can always be recorded.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

They will if they get paid enough.

Good point. So Microsoft can cash in on their OS locking up.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reason #1267 why you should never install updates to your OS... especially if it has Bill Gates' stamp of approval on it.

Reformat.
Reformat.
Reformat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join