It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a tree inside the house?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Your best option would be to look for small (under 10" say) seedlings near to the parent tree while it is still spring... i have successfully done this with Rowan/Mountain Ash. Then just cut a circle around it with an old knife to cut the longer roots (say a 12" circle), bag it and take it home. Within a month it will be rooted and standing proud, maybe mist the leaves with a light food mix when it's shady to help it along. If you have a skylight to place the tree under, this will really help out.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There are many different trees to grow indoors, I just got my Meyer lemon this spring, as well as a Valencia orange, and an arbequina (sp?) olive. They will all live indoors forever. My entire order, which also included a dwarf apple for the orchard and a dozen blackberry plants, was just over a hundred dollars for everything. At maturity the produce that they all grow will save me more than I spent this spring, it may be something else to consider.

I have also seen Diffenbacias (sp?) grow as much as 20 feet. That particular tree was at my friend's house, it grew to the ceiling took a right turn and continued growing along the ceiling into her living room. That beast lived in a 3 or 4 foot diameter bucket with the rope handles on it. Be careful with these though, they are poisonous if ingested. I gave mine away when my first son was born.

Good luck, and keep us posted! I am curious, if your lilac makes it year round, I may have to try it too! The moose keep eating the ones outside.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

the deed is done,,, as the sun set, i packed along my trusty axe, a bag, and a pair of gloves..
i was a bit freaked out, because i watched a zombie movie before my expedition....
but hey,,, i got my axe,,,

everything went better than i imagined... i picked a young shoot, maybe 180cm, from the base of the mother,,,
a bit hacking, and i got a very good sized root ball,, then washed in the lake,, again in my home,, applied my potion that i brewed earlier,, made small cuts all over the bottom of the trunk and rubbed some cloning gel...
then watered heavily with a mild seaweed water..
fingers crossed! and i hope it will flower,,, the smell of lilac is intoxicating,,,

(note to self, when you go trashing under a lilac, at night, bring some mosquito repellant,, man i got swarmed)
(lots of bats also)
i will update in a couple of days, was it a go-or-no-project....

thank you all for the advice,, and i need to get more plants as summer goes by,,,
i can already taste those sweet lemons..
...and maybe some type of berries too...

edit on 28-5-2013 by solve because: ahh sweet berries...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

its alive! alive!.......

the lilac was a real droopster for a while, but the leaves just started to cheer up,,,
so i think this is actually going to work....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Is it going to get 6 hours of sun where you have it?

www.almanac.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

well, the sun doesnt sleep long, this far in the north....
so no problem there,,,
but before it gets the cold shoulder in the winter,,
i think i am going to need a small plant-led.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join