It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a tree inside the house?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
so i was wondering that does anyone have a real tree inside the house in a pot?

i would like a big tree in my one-bedroom flat....
so i went on and bought a huge container,, but the big trees in the shop were like 200 hundred dollars!

so as night falls, i shall venture in the night, with an axe, and will bring to my home, maybe a six feet tall lilac,,
they are nice looking and the buds smell sweet,,,

so, does anyone have a big hedge or a tree inside the house? advice would be appreciated!

this is what i have learned so far,,, the root ball needs to be trimmed once a year, and it should have a cold resting period in the winter, without the cold it will not produce flowers...

just the idea is so surreal that i must go through with this,,, i shall update how thing are going if anyone is interested...
thoughts?
edit on 28-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
just a minute,,, bare with me

Do you mean, get undressed with you?

Å99

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

sorry for posting the empty by mistake,,, and no!

spanglish is not my native tongue!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
if you like big indoor stuff... try bamboo.
If you buy clumping bamboo, it will be reasonably happy in a pot (though you'll have to divide it at the root every couple of years or so, they do multiply), and will grow really thick and really tall.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

i have tried to look for the "real" bamboo, but the shops only sell the little spiral fake ones,,, that is not the strain that can grow fast and tall.... maybe they can be ordered online,, need to do a little search...

i think the chinese bamboo can even double its size in a matter of days..

i am interested about the lilac, because the massive flowering, and the general appearance of it..
edit on 28-5-2013 by solve because: edit

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
May I suggest a Meyer lemon tree?

Smells wonderful, fairly easy to maintain.
A moderate amount of sun and water and a semi-humid environment is all it needs. I ordered a couple of mine right off of Amazon that have been all ready been groomed and taken care of for a year.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I would suggest a shovel....and perhaps a pair of gloves...

An axe would be ummm....counter-productive

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

i dont have a shovel... i think the axe will cut the bigger roots quite nicely...
just started to boil-down a garlic crhysantemum soup to get rid of all insects in the soil,,, i will wash the roots from any natural soil, in a nearby lake also before i bring it in...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

the tree will die,get a spade and dig it out, dont get caught

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Don't be stealing a tree. Go ask someone who has some lilac bushes if you can have a little one. They sprout up all over the place near the tree, they mas say, go ahead and take one. They may even be able to help you with knowledge of how to transplant it and care for it. Don't steal, ask. Repair the spot that you take it from also, don't leave a mess.
edit on 28-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Easy way of saving $200:
- Go to any tree you want, cut off a branch - about 4 or 5 feet long, and preferably a branch that looks like a really small tree; - Don't cut off one of the main branches, you need to get one that nobody will notice is missing.
- You then need to trim off any little branches near the base of the branch (what will later become the trunk) just to make it look more like a really small tree;
- Bash the end of the branch with a hammer until it is roughed up - this will help the roots grow quicker;
- Then just stick it in the ground in your garden about 1 foot deep, in an area where it can get lots of light and water.
- Now you have a baby tree, you just need to leave it a good few weeks before you take it indoors and re-plant it. You might actually be better off potting it outdoors so you don't have to dig it up again.

Anyway, it works. I used to do it all the time as a child, just for fun. Sometimes I'd just find a twig on the floor, stick it in the ground, and the following summer it would have turned into a tree.

Magical sh!t.

Edit: Respect other peoples property, it's best to go to a public park if you do this, and don't make it look obvious like someone's just chopped a tree in half. Go higher up the tree to avoid this.
edit on 28-5-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Go get a Ficus tree. They are relatively cheap and are easy to maintain. The bigger the pot you plant them in the bigger they will grow. A friend of mine had one in her bedroom behind the headboard and the limbs hung over the bed like a canopy- it was beautiful!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

i wouldnt steal,,, they grow in large quantities in a nearby forest...
i need the cover of darkness, because i am ashamed to be seen with a giant branch or a tree, walking around

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

thats a real good advice,,, i have some cloning gel, that could work well if rubbed to the part where it has been cut..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

wonder if those lemons are edible? ,,,good option..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i have had many different plants before,, small palm trees and such.. but they take a long time to grow..
i am looking for a ready to go big plant.....

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I bought a bay tree years ago, 6 inches tall, for $12.
It's the herb type. Sweet Bay.

I'm in the north, so it has had to come indoors for fall and winter.
I've had to cut it back a few times, transplant it a few times.
It's over 20 years old now, but it's having problems. Probably the indoor winter heat combined with its age.
It's outside now, I'm going to transplant it again and cut it way back to see if it comes back healthy. If it doesn't, I still have a lifetime worth of bay leaves

Get something small. Trees grow fast.

I like that lemon tree above....

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

i wouldnt steal,,, they grow in large quantities in a nearby forest...
i need the cover of darkness, because i am ashamed to be seen with a giant branch or a tree, walking around

If you don't want to be discovered and don't want to feel ashamed, maybe i can suggest that you go into the nearest forest with a big axe and chop a couple of leafy branches off some trees and camoflage yourself with them... then it will be easier to go into the forest and chop a branch or two off some trees before scurrying home to plant them in a pot without looking too suspicious

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I would suggest a shovel....and perhaps a pair of gloves...

An axe would be ummm....counter-productive

also need a stump grinder...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by eisegesis

wonder if those lemons are edible? ,,,good option..

You bet your sweet lemonade ass they're edible!

They're also great for juicing, skins and all, (to get all the essential oils) and freeze them into ice cubes. Add them to your water or any mixed drink for an extremely cleansing elixir. Just be careful of making the ice cubes too big if you're going to include the skin. The lemon oil tastes a little different and really concentrates the flavor. A regular size ice cube is too potent, unless you are drinking to heal and not just enjoying the added flavor.

I think you were looking for something bigger though. You can nurse it indoors, gradually increasing the pot size until it has a nice established root system and then transfer it outside or if you can swing it, build an atrium.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join