It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newborn Baby Saved From Toilet Pipe In China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

A newborn baby boy lodged in a sewage pipe directly beneath a toilet has been rescued by firefighters in eastern China. Police are treating the case as attempted homicide and are looking for his parents. It has sparked anger on social media sites.

China's state broadcaster CCTV said the abandoned infant was found in the sewage pipe in a residential building in Jinhua in the wealthy coastal province of Zhejiang. The two-day-old boy was discovered after residents of the building reported the sound of a baby crying, state television said. Firefighters had to remove the pipe, reported to be 10cm (three inches) in diameter, and take it to a nearby hospital, where doctors carefully cut around it to rescue the baby inside, the report said.

They spent nearly an hour taking the tube apart piece by piece with pliers and saws and finally recovered the 5lb (2.3kg) boy, whose placenta was still attached. State-run news site Zhejiang News said the child - named Baby No 59 from the number of his incubator - is safe and in a stable condition. Video footage of the rescue was broadcast nationally overnight.

The news triggered hundreds of thousands of comments on China's hugely popular Weibo service, which is similar to Twitter, with users expressing good wishes for the baby and fury at those who presumably abandoned him.

Source

Wow, this is an incredible story. I'm surprised the baby survived a night, never mind two.
I'm glad he's ok and can now be looked after properly. It sounds like the mother gave birth on the toilet or something and just left him? Either way, this is a horrible story and I hope he is ok and they find the parents.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I wish for the baby...many blessings....and a speedy recovery; I want him to be adopted into a good loving home where he will thrive.

I keep getting the feeling that this baby boy later in his life is destined for great things; he is now important to humanity...but when he reaches adulthood...he will contribute something important to society.

He is meant to live.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

The poor wee man..! This is awful. I am so glad he was found and attended too. I hope he has a speedy recovery. As for the parents... I do not know what to say..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Second coming of Jesus? Hmm... No but really, when you hear about stories like this it makes you wonder what that person will do with their life in the next 50 odd years or so. Quite amazing the little thing lived.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
He's healthy now, although earlier he looked a little flushed....

What a little hardcase! I hope that he doesnt suffer any infection from being in such unsanitary conditions so close to birth. Mind you, from an immunological point of veiw, it couldnt have happened at a better time for him. I also hope that life for this little hero, doesnt suck nearly as much as the begining did.

As for the parents of this child... I know China has some bloody awful policies about children and how many one is allowed to have and a whole host of other factors to do with children. But... For disposing of this child in such a callous fashion, leaving him to die in a waste pipe under a toilet, the pair of barbarian bastards who let this happen deserve punishments that I could not even concieve of, and I am the sort who can concieve of an awful lot of nasty penalties.

Despite my depravities in that regard, I find myself utterly incapable of devising a harsh enough sentence for the parents. I hope they are caught and made sorry, right down to thier every ATOM.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just when you thought you'd seen everything on the internet.. Disgusting, absolutely shocking.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If this was child #2, he's more than double lucky. Firstly if his mother was caught pregnant he would have been murdered by the state. Second, if the parents were caught after the child was born and couldn't pay the fine, then by by baby. Thirdly, he was found and rescued and is now a ward of the state.

If someone doesn't take him home he'll be headed for an orphanage but at least he will have food, a roof over his head and playmates.

I really don't understand how his mom could do such a thing but then again life's cheap in China. They do not look at children the same way the western world does. To them the child is their retirement plan and meal ticket.

After the last major earthquake the news was showing the parents that had lost their children when the school building collapsed. One of the comments by a father age 34; Who's going to take care of me when I'm old and give me money now that my child is dead? I'm too old to have another child.

This is their mindset, the child is a cash cow for them. Now throw in the one child policy and this is what you get. It is written that the wise man leaves an inheritance unto his grandchildren. In China it's the children that give an inheritance unto their parents...not wise.

top topics

join