It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Document Majestic 12 aka MAJIC 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Its 5:00 am here and I'm bored. Doing some UFO related research, I stumbled across the FBI website (www.fbi.org), and entered Extra Terrestrial, and this Majestic 12 document popped up.
Apparently it was declassified in 1991. The determination was the document was a hoax and BOGUS written across the pages of the actual MAJIC document itself.
The backstory to this document was that it was delivered to the SAC (Special Agent in Charge) in Dallas Texas.
The FBI asked the Air Force if this group existed, and of course, the AF said no. The FBI decided this document was a hoax and declassified, disposition to make sure 'all incidents involving of mishandling classified information are adequately investigative attention...and attempt to ascertain the originator of the document and current classification of document.'

My question is this: if the document was a hoax, why request mishandling said classified documents be investigated if it was a HOAX?

Here's the document in its entirety:
vault.fbi.gov/Majestic 12/Majestic 12 Part 1 of 1/view

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

My question is this: if the document was a hoax, why request mishandling said classified documents be investigated if it was a HOAX?

This is another one that has been beaten to death on the forums.

The FBI asked the Air Force if this group existed, and of course, the AF said no. The FBI decided this document was a hoax and declassified, disposition to make sure 'all incidents involving of mishandling classified information are adequately investigative attention...and attempt to ascertain the originator of the document and current classification of document.'

I can't remember how the original story went, the MJ12 document was planted somewhere if I remember correctly. Maybe the investigation was either:

A. To see who and why it was planted somewhere.

or

B. If it was mishandled when it was classified, it could have been something that was sensitive and its mishandling is no different than any other classified information the AF or FBI have in their databases.

The answers you're looking for are probably already on the forum though.

Here's a pretty (what seems to be) comprehensive thread on MJ12

This one under the presumption that the docs are legit I assume from a quick once over.

For another view on the papers, this is a good source.

It's been awhile since I looked into the MJ12 thing, I believe this was the one where Friedman was under the impression they were real, and came out later denouncing them. (And wrote a book on them beforehand)

In 1996, after researching and fact checking the Majestic 12 documents, Friedman said that there was no substantive grounds for dismissing their authenticity.[9]

I'm sure other members will have more to say on it.
edit on 28-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Like so many (if not all) things connected with the base subject of aerial phenomena (UFOs), the MJ12 docs come in floating on opinion rather than undeniable truth. There are many that will claim them to be authentic and others who will happily label them hoax. But the only genuine article is that we just don't have anything that can withstand contest... not a single claim from either direction can get by unchallenged.

The best avenue... in my OPINION, is to keep an open mind so that if someday, something comes along to finally put this issue to rest one way or another, we'll be ready to accept it for whatever it happens to be.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am wondering how do you "declassify" a government document if it is a hoax.
If it is a hoax then it is not a government document. Someone has to sign off on the document, if no one signed off on the document then it's not a government document.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt
I am wondering how do you "declassify" a government document if it is a hoax.
If it is a hoax then it is not a government document. Someone has to sign off on the document, if no one signed off on the document then it's not a government document.

If the government has no record of a document, but it is picked up by whatever source, and it is then classified, it is now a government document.

ie, I write a letter in Jabawakabaka language... I make it up myself. It has the seal (faked) of some gov agency. It is then classified until someone can figure out what the whole mess is.

I can't remember how the story went in this case, and to be honest, I don't feel like reading through the hundreds of sources.

Just saying... Some of the points you guys are bringing up, are the least interesting points to the whole story.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Maybe because I and many here aren't interested in it.
It's all speculation

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

As far as I have managed to find out. Majestic 12 is real. Or was at one point in history. Its name and scope may have changed.

Allegedly some type of Men In Black type unit. Crashed Craft Recovery. Area lockdown. Anything associated to potential extra terrestrial activity that whoever gave oversight to it deemed of importance.

So the stories go...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

The fun part about MJ12, is that if you look at when they disappeared from public eye, is about the time our technology got increasingly more advanced....

I would love to think humanity is smart enough to carry out various technological achievements, but looking around present day all I see is a bunch of numbheaded narrow minded money hungry ego driven people looking for the new capitalistic means to carry out their alternative agenda of everlasting glory.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Another interesting group to look into along a similar line is "The Ahnenerbe"

NAZI State funded group that researched occult esoteric knowledge and attempted to see if it could be applied to advanced technology. Among.... other things.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's all speculation

Maybe YOU and your so called 'many others' arent interested, others MAY be, no reason to dismiss my question

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

It's all speculation

Maybe YOU and your so called 'many others' arent interested, others MAY be, no reason to dismiss my question

I agree, and Star for you

I for one am VERY fascinated with MJ12, and while I haven't heard or read anything on the subject in a while, I think I just might tonight.

top topics

join