It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global unification of Earth; are you for it or against it and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
Global unification of Earth; are you for it or against it and why?

It's not going to happen, so stop panicking and have a beer.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Queen Bee's typically deliver a good buzz.

Panic... now that's a feeling I haven't felt in a really long time. Regardless; let's party like rock persons, first round is on you since; it was your idea, then the rest on me, for the grace of your presence. Be fore warned; it may end with us streaking madly down the boulevard... you screaming "Henny Penny" and myself "The sky is falling."

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I am for a unified mankind that is brought about by, founded upon, and sincerely strives for peace, freedom, love, compassion, altruism, sharing, caring, helping, and abundance.

I am for a unified mankind that shares the world and her bounties with each other.

I am for a unified mankind that appreciates differences and rejoices in unity.

I am for a unified mankind that is brought upon by the awakening, enlightenment, and illumination of each individual person, as opposed to change through scheming or forceful suffering.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am for it, only if it like what is portrayed on the Star Trek series.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Are you for a united Earth or against this ideology, wanting to retain separate countries of sovereignty, and why you choose the for or against position.
Unification of the planet is a absolute necessity for the survival of humanity, in all its various forms and locations, on our globe. Ill not get into the reasoning for that, some people are just not ready.

Unification is not something new, from what I understand this planet was unified in the beginning, but due to factional infighting that unification was dissolved and a unified power structure was put into place.

What should we unify for? Peace, open and honest education, human rights, free communications, and common defense against powers and forced that wish to unify our planet for control and ignorance reasons. Boundaries of countries or the existence of a country is not really part of my vision of unification, but If people wish to be unified by their location on this planet, let them, its their right. We must unify on principals and knowledge not on force of law or location.

We all, no matter our location on this planet, have the very same right to breath the air it has provided us. We should not hoard resources to the detriment of others. This is a unifying point we all can agree upon.

So wave your flag no matter what country you live in, we are all in the "Brotherhood" of life.

I say "Unify".

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Hey perhaps that is how it would end up? It's a nice thought... perhaps since humans are creatures of habit, that is what breeds all the resistance and discord to what may be a positive change...

I suppose the concept is a lot like communism it works on paper; but when it comes to human nature it fails miserably. In the end of communism power is supposed to be given back to the people; but no government has yet to carry it that far... once they get full power and control; they decide to just keep it for themselves.

So I suppose the movement could go either way; but given the track record of human nature? It would be nice to enter another golden age or one of illumination for humanity. But dollars to doughnuts; I doubt we will ever see such a thing in our lifetimes.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antiobama

Hopefully, you're not referring to the Borg.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I whole heatedly agree... the silly thing is; is that could take place tomorrow, but humans being prone to sentiment and being taught to tow lines such as nationalism, hate, mistrust of strangers etc. through negative propaganda end up hating whole groups of people and countries... they never met nor may never travel to; and feel superior to them. .. for absolutely no logical or rational reason what so ever, other than they were told too.

I've ran across people in their 20's; that hate the Japanese for WW2. Did they ever meet their ancestor that fought that war? No but they still carry the hate none the less. The world changes I have enough baggage from the cradle everyday; picking up others burden of hate that I had nothing to do with creating; seems as the biggest waste of time humanly possible.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Global unification simply is not possible.

There are too many people with different ethics, values, religions, and beliefs in different laws to fit them all under one umbrella. How can you expect people in Canada and people in Saudi Arabia to have the same rules?

You can't. They are totally different cultures. Global unification has also been tried throughout history and failed miserably. The Romans, Charlamagne, Genghis Khan, all tried it and what happens is that you simply have too much territory to control. Factions at the outskirts of your control begin to splinter away and there is not enough military to keep them all in line.

This is why the only way a NWO could exist would be to stay in the shadows and quietly manipulate things without being seen.

No, it may not be possible but that doesn't stop attempts at it. Mass immigration and Political Correctness have been the tools used to try and destroy barriers, and is some ways nationalism. Global Collectivism brought about through a common enemy - Global Warming.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I suggest EUSSR+China, but not Canada and Syria together. Or the whole Latin America+Spain+Portugal in one. What if Sweden-Norway-Finland Union? The earth can't be unified into one but unoins are as big as possible. All of us are earthians. And, respect different cultures. For example, use a fork to eat sandwich in Norway. Don't use your left hand to eat in India, etc.

edit on 2014/8/6 by soyuzunionen because: more context

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Globalization sounds bit tricky because if government goes all overboard we the People couldn't do much, I think... Maybe become Space pirates? Have you seen Captain Harlock, things get really bad, hahaha.

I Wonder how globalization would work under a monarchy similar to the UK or perhaps Scandinavians?

This is where Monarchy has actually minimal Power, but acts as a buffer. If the elected party wins and abuses it's Power, then the Monarch has the autority to abolish this government, but only after it's seen that the People want it.

How does that sound like?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join