It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God-like powers for a day...what would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruff

1) With my supreme powers I would instantly remove every single evil Elite person, people who have aided the elite, people who have committed crimes against humanity, mass-murderers...etc etc. Basically, anyone who has led or helped to keep the masses in enslavement. These people would all be removed to an enormous "jail" of my own making. In this jail, they would have their crimes thrown back at them - ie Greedy elite banksters would be forced to eat money non-stop. Murderers would have the same thing inflicted on them etc etc. This would all be kind of virtual - although they would not know it. So, it would go on and on again until maybe they learn their lessons.

Would you not, then, be doing exactly that which you loathe these people for doing themselves? Inflicting severe pain on a person isn't going to 'teach them a lesson', it's going to ruin them completely. I find this very hypocritical, and honestly, just downright cruel. Nobody deserves this. And do you truly believe that these people see themselves the way you see them? No, they don't think what they're doing is wrong, just as you don't think that what you're doing is wrong. It's all a matter of subjective morality and experience.

2) All weapons, tanks, fighter jets, nuclear, bombs etc etc will be instantly removed from every person on the planet. I'm a firm believer in "guns don't kill people...people kill people", but this would effectively give everyone a much-needed time out. There's more to this bit but i'll keep it brief for now.

I have no issue with this.

3) All man-made environmental disasters, raping of the natural world will be reversed to what they used to be like. Pollution removed, oil slicks, forests back to how they used to be, animals that we have made extinct through our actions re-instated etc etc.

Yes, absolutely.

4) All oil, coal etc type power plants will be removed and everyone on this planet will have their own free energy device that will work perfectly with nature and all their devices/vehicles etc. Goodbye petrol!

I like this.

5) Everyone will instantly be implanted with a "common" language so that everyone in this world can once again speak the same language. All languages that exist will still be there, this will just be an extra language that is easy to learn for children after this has taken place.

Wouldn't it be easier to teach everyone telepathy, allowing them to directly communicate ideas and feelings with each other, thereby eliminating any possibility of a verbal misunderstanding?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd have enough money that even the Rothschild family will come to me begging for loans.

It's all about the Benjamin's.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
if i had god-like powers for the day i would put earth into a supreme growth state where food grows twice as fast and i would make the oceans into freshwater( dont worry, i'll make the marinelife in the ocean able to live in freshwater too
) then, i'll make every politition(forgot how to spell it
) as friendly as a dog, and no, they wont act like dogs.
then what i'll do is i'll freeze time for the rest of the day until my powers are gone and i'll enjoy the peace, silence, and beauty of a frozen world.
edit on 28-5-2013 by xXthealienghostXx because: fixed the rolling eye thing :3

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXthealienghostXx
if i had god-like powers for the day i would put earth into a supreme growth state where food grows twice as fast and i would make the oceans into freshwater( dont worry, i'll make the marinelife in the ocean able to live in freshwater too
) then, i'll make every politition(forgot how to spell it
) as friendly as a dog, and no, they wont act like dogs.
then what i'll do is i'll freeze time for the rest of the day until my powers are gone and i'll enjoy the peace, silence, and beauty of a frozen world.
edit on 28-5-2013 by xXthealienghostXx because: fixed the rolling eye thing :3

You left out the part when you sneak into the women's locker room while the earth is frozen in time.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

that too

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would, quite simply, remake the world into a happier place to live; where people didn't have to toil, and could live free. Where people could explore themselves, and the world around them. Quite simply: a better world.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Good morning everyone...

Good to see lots of ideas floating around and some good discussions!

To answer this #1 though - as I said, the things that would happen to these people would be virtual. I like to think of it as instant karma. None of us can say for sure that maybe in the next life these evil people will get exactly what I have just written happen to them. All I am doing is speeding up the process and if they are truly remorseful and have seen the error of their ways then they are released back into society but will be monitored to see if they slip back into their old ways.

None of them would die by my hands - they'd just get one hell of a wake up call that there are repercussions for their actions.

Glad you liked the rest of the ideas though

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

That is not how karma works. Karma is a neutral process, one of cause and effect. Karma, in Sanskrit, simply means 'action'. It has nothing to do with morals or right and wrong. It's not some mystical force that everyone should fear... If I slap you in the face, the result of that karma would probably be a punch in the nose. That's all there is to it. The Western view of karma is extremely distorted, probably in some desperate attempt for people to scare and control other people. That's not how it works.

And your 'virtual' punishment system... I see nothing virtual about it. Pain is pain, whether it it is administered by artificial means or incurred by natural means. You say no one dies in this way... I say death would be the most merciful thing possible in this sort of situation.

Another thing... you say it would show them that their actions have consequences? This should already be obvious to them, or they would not be doing what they are doing. You don't have to punish someone to show them that actions have consequences, that is evident in itself.
edit on 28-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Firstly I'd put Flickr back to it's older version, the new one sucks...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Which God?

If you mean the God that most of us will think of then you're talking to be assumed completely and entirely all powerful, that there's literally nothing you would be unable to do. In which case... A day could be forever. What is a day to a God?

So... If I were to some how come into god like power for a day then I would be a god. It's that simple really. Because I was now playing life in god mode I would have all the time I desired to do everything, which is exactly what I would do. well not EVERYTHINg... but everything that I could ever imagine and actually want to do.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

I would tell everyone the truth!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If I had God like powers I wouldn't tell much people because then they would probably automatically assume that I was trying to be "better" than them and they would have insecurity issues and feel "inferior".

If I had God like powers I would understand the nature of their existence so when the day pass I can remember how to keep using them and empower others to remember how to as well.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

We're all entitled to our views on this but I disagree.

No-one (that I know of) can say definitively what will happen in the next life (if they have one), so my theory is that prior to each life we have a set of tasks to complete and challenges etc etc. Someone may have had 100 lives before and in this life maybe they are meant to be an elitist turd who tramps on people etc. So, possibly in their next life they will have the reverse of that or the life after that. I don't pretend to know what the deal is otherwise I would have god like powers now and fix my dodgy back.

I also didn't say that everyone is going to have pain inflicted upon them. I kept my original op brief so I didn't have pages of explanations on each point as that would just be unreadable. The sentence would be unique to each person. I firmly believe that in some way people who do such horrible actions will get some form of punishment at some point somehow. Otherwise, if that was not the case, we would all go through our different lives just being a complete a-hole to everyone without fear you would ever have it served back to you.

As for your last point, I've met a lot of people who have no empathy and do not care for the results of their actions so I don't think you are correct in that assumption.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
like it was basically said before and i agree with him, destory this earth and create a newer and even better one, an keep records from this one to show the new earth HOW NOT TO LIVE.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I make a particular effort not to think on these kinds of subjects.

I have the personality type that would abuse power.

So... I try not to seek it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

With my supreme powers I would instantly remove every single evil Elite person, people who have aided the elite, people who have committed crimes against humanity, mass-murderers...etc etc.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just change human nature altogether?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join