It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God-like powers for a day...what would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If I had the power of a god, I'd give everyone the power of seeing into another person's "soul" by simply shaking their hand. By soul, I mean each person could in an instant, see into the other person's life, all of it, memories, fears, emotions, happiness... everything. Simply in a split second, process all said information, and it would have a lasting effect for a few minutes.

Then see how the world evolves from there.

I'd bet that most people would begin wearing gloves... To be honest.
edit on 28-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I would do the opposite - I would remove all memories and all ideas that people have about themselves and others and the world and let them see and hear what they are - what this is - without concepts.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Removed the word prior.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

I think the main problem with this premise is what exactly does a "day" entail? If I slow down time, so that time rests at a standstill, but for me I can move in and out of it with ease, or simply go backward or forward in time, does that include part of my "day" ?

What if I made a day 600394 years long?

I think people would be really pissed with their working hours. But, of course they'd be pissed, I just forced them to build a seven mile hight monument in my honour.

All hail lord Boncho.

Heck, who am I kidding. I am still licking my wounds after a failed bid as lord of ATS. I'd probably just wipe out the lot of you and leave all the women with anything larger than a C-Cup size.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - I'd instantly let everyone know the truth about God and the universe .. direct from God .. not filtered through any humans or any human version of 'faith', etc There would be no denying God or truth. Those that denied it would obviously be choosing evil and would obviously be wrong.

2 - I'd instantly show every human on the planet the state of their soul .. how God sees them .. all their good qualities and all their sins. They'd feel how they made others feel. For example .. men who beat women would actually feel what their victims felt. I'd make it all very obvious so they could either heal or repent of their actions as necessary.

3 - I'd destroy every religious book that was in print that was in error.

4 - I'd heal the planet of all the crap that man has done to it. Clean air, water, earth ...

5 - I'd heal everyone of every illness and every disability.

6 - I'd instantly have every adult human on the planet be able to read and write their language. This would help people escape bad situations.

7 - I'd make every human male sterile for 10 years. No one would be able to have a baby for 10 years. And after 10 years I wouldn't send any more human babies to anyone unless they were to pray and ask for a baby, and I were to find them to be worthy of parenthood. People don't treat human life with the dignity and respect that it deserves. Its precious and should be treated as such. This would make people understand that.

Since we are supposedly made in god's image, and since you would do all that if you were god. Doesn't that make you ask yourself, "damn, maybe there's no god??... Since he aint doing what I'd be doing if I were him...!!"

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
1. Make humans incapable of malice.

The rest will fall into place.

I'd use the rest for selfishness.

I presume you'd have a lot of suicides afterward.

Second coming... I mean, line.

I think the nature of suicides would become more apparent, seeing as malicious intent could no longer be considered a reason for the suicide. It would lead to more and better understanding and acceptance of mental illness.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Since we are supposedly made in god's image, and since you would do all that if you were god. Doesn't that make you ask yourself, "damn, maybe there's no god??... Since he aint doing what I'd be doing if I were him...!!"

I know there is a God. I've had personal encounters. It's just that I don't think He is Who 'they' say He is. And the bible says - 'God's ways are not our ways' .... so naturally we won't think alike.

Supposedly, when we are dead, we will see the wisdom He has in the way the world is set up now. But from where I'm seeing things at the moment ... the world is a screwed up mess.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I think the nature of suicides would become more apparent, seeing as malicious intent could no longer be considered a reason for the suicide. It would lead to more and better understanding and acceptance of mental illness.

mal·ice (mls)
n.
1. A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.
2. Law The intent, without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful act that will result in harm to another.

Whether justified or not, it's a human expression. If you take that away I see a lot of people unable to express themselves, and off themselves instead. In a sense, it's kind of a loophole, especially if you are mad at the ones that care about you.

I could pretty much see a "Monkey's Paw" ending to just about everyone who comes in here thinking they are going to fart rainbows and unicorns on the world if they got to play god for the day.

Maybe I'm just evil?

Monkey Paw Ending

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

mal·ice (mls)
n.
1. A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.
2. Law The intent, without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful act that will result in harm to another.

Whether justified or not, it's a human expression. If you take that away I see a lot of people unable to express themselves, and off themselves instead. In a sense, it's kind of a loophole, especially if you are mad at the ones that care about you.

I could pretty much see a "Monkey's Paw" ending to just about everyone who comes in here thinking they are going to fart rainbows and unicorns on the world if they got to play god for the day.

Maybe I'm just evil?

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Paw

If the downside of removing malice from the world is that the people who are unable to commit malice no longer feel able to express themselves and remove themselves from the populace... I can accept that loss.

Maybe I'm just evil!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

If the downside of removing malice from the world is that the people who are unable to commit malice no longer feel able to express themselves and remove themselves from the populace... I can accept that loss.

Maybe I'm just evil!

Aaaand problem with that is all the people who reformed themselves to be great people by the end of their lives, even if their early years were ridden with violence and malice towards others.

Maybe the moral of the story here is that humans don't have the capacity to play god?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Maybe I'm just evil!

Aaaand problem with that is all the people who reformed themselves to be great people by the end of their lives, even if their early years were ridden with violence and malice towards others.

Maybe the moral of the story here is that humans don't have the capacity to play god?

In a generation, people will no longer waste years on malice before becoming non-malicious. There will not be a loss of expression in the next generation, because the vast majority will not be able to truly comprehend what it is that they have lost. If their journey starts where the previous generations ended, humanity can progress with much less hindrance.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In a generation, people will no longer waste years on malice before becoming non-malicious. There will not be a loss of expression in the next generation, because the vast majority will not be able to truly comprehend what it is that they have lost. If their journey starts where the previous generations ended, humanity can progress with much less hindrance.

It's called human nature... If you wanna throw human nature out the window all together, you should just go make your own little set of creators on some other planet somewhere. Try altering the human race without fundamentally changing them.

I outlined a means in one of my posts... But what you're talking about, you may as well give mars a breathable atmosphere and just create your own hippy race of hominids there.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's called human nature... If you wanna throw human nature out the window all together, you should just go make your own little set of creators on some other planet somewhere. Try altering the human race without fundamentally changing them.

I outlined a means in one of my posts... But what you're talking about, you may as well give mars a breathable atmosphere and just create your own hippy race of hominids there.

It is much more efficient to simply make this one small change.

Why make a hippy race of hominids on Mars if the Earthlings are just going to come and eventually kill them?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd only do 2 things:
1- World peace
2- End famine.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It is much more efficient to simply make this one small change.

Why make a hippy race of hominids on Mars if the Earthlings are just going to come and eventually kill them?

But that's my point, you are fundamentally changing them beyond their original parameters. In other words, they aren't human anymore. So maybe your Martians end up getting slaved out later... maybe they teach humans not to be dipschnits. Who knows. But at least you aren't killing all humans by turning them into something they aren't. You would be creating life by making the martians.

Even in your most altruistic dream, your nothing more than a wannabe murderer. By trying to eliminate the human race by implementing your version of a better race.

By changing humans so drastically, you are completely destroying everything that made them human. Ugly or not, it makes us human.

Instead of creating your own race, your first instinct is to wipe us out. Like some alien invader that infects us a la body snatchers....

Big deal, you think no malice is great. I think it makes us not human.

Thanks for the genocide.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

But that's my point, you are fundamentally changing them beyond their original parameters. In other words, they aren't human anymore. So maybe your Martians end up getting slaved out later... maybe they teach humans not to be dipschnits. Who knows. But at least you aren't killing all humans by turning them into something they aren't. You would be creating life by making the martians.

Even in your most altruistic dream, your nothing more than a wannabe murderer. By trying to eliminate the human race by implementing your version of a better race.

By changing humans so drastically, you are completely destroying everything that made them human. Ugly or not, it makes us human.

Instead of creating your own race, your first instinct is to wipe us out. Like some alien invader that infects us a la body snatchers....

Big deal, you think no malice is great. I think it makes us not human.

Thanks for the genocide.

What are the original human parameters of which you speak? Humanity has no set parameters, even within our current society we have those that deviate from what is considered the biological norm.

It says more about your point of view that you see taking man's ability to harm each other as completely destroying everything that makes us human. I would simply suggest that I am making us more human, as it is our ability to reason that separates us from other animals, and our ability to harm each other that mires us to our less evolved past.
edit on 28-5-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

God-like powers for a day...what would you do?,

I would require all farmers and ranchers to provide T shirts and pants for all their farm animals.

And dogs and cats too.
edit on 28-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I simply became a witness.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
why is everyone thinking in a such small dimensions:

i mean with godlike powers

why would YOU put ANYONE into JAIL, and for which mistakes ?

why dont you REMOVE the MISTAKES ?

ask yourself what would YOU be like, if you do something bad to others ? exactly, you would be the same as them !

i mean seriously, as god you can do everything. so why dont you just change what has gone wrong into right thing ?

edit on 28/5/2013 by Hombre because: spelling errors

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What are the original human parameters of which you speak? Humanity has no set parameters, even within our current society we have those that deviate from what is considered the biological norm.

It says more about your point of view that you see taking man's ability to harm each other as completely destroying everything that makes us human. I would simply suggest that I am making us more human, as it is our ability to reason that separates us from other animals, and our ability to harm each other that mires us to our less evolved past.

The reason you have beta males is because alpha males have already asserted their dominance. Essentially, if you take out all the trouble makers you perceive are their, the next in line would assume that role.

If you eliminate the human condition by making us all a bunch of hippie-hugging non-confrontational do-gooders, then you take away that which makes us human.

We may be mammals, and we may be a little higher up on the evolutionary scale, but were are not so different than animals than you might think.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wouldn't need 5.

all I'd need is One. Instant Enlightenment for everyone. Christ-like Buddhahood instantly revealed within every person on the world would solve the rest of all all the problems. Everyone directly experiencing that we are all One would solve it all.......

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Implode CNN and Fox news....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join