It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God-like powers for a day...what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I would totally remove all negative influences off this planet. And i would remove all the warning signs off of everything and let the morons that dont pay attention to what in the heck is going on around them would erraditicate themselves from our beautiful blue marble.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Ok, fair enough. It's been a while since i've read 1984 to be honest so my memory is a bit vague with it.

My point though, the elite rulers have (generally) gotten hold over the masses because they possess something we don't - maybe money, hidden knowledge or maybe they are just damn good public speakers. If money was no longer an issue, everyone had access to free food/water and power then a lot of things that have subdued us would no longer be relevant.

Oh and I forgot to add that the media would be very different after I would be finished with it!! Fox News: Fair and balanced my bum!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

i would create an "judge class" of people,,, hand picked by me.....
to protect what is right and pure- and to destroy wrong doers.

-i am the law-

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Would they all have to have big jaws to be considered for this class??

Good point though! Maybe they could be robotic so that they would follow the law and not be swayed by emotions etc.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

Hahaha, i'm sure there would be a lot of accidents the next day that's for sure. So many people don't have common sense - it's amazing how many warning signs are around the world...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I would make everyone capable of coconut like qualities, like getting energy from the sun and drinking salt water lol!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Prove that god doesn't exist.

Second.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

It's economic power that allows dictatorships, power that comes from economic disparity, a wealthy capitalist class, and a working class that is reliant on the capitalist class for it's very existence. Sometimes the dictatorship is not obvious, if you have two political parties that support the same economic system, then you can almost guarantee you have an economic dictatorship.

It is a system devised by land owners in the 1700's to make sure they remain the authority, and the "commoners" remain servile.

Basically they created a system that exploited people for cheap labour in order to make themselves wealthy, in order to remain in authority.

The only way they could make that work was by denying the use of land to the "commoners", which they did with the enclosure laws enacted in the 1750's in England. The laws allowed land owners to fence off their land and deny it's use to anyone. Prior to that common land law was in operation, which meant land that was not already being used was common land, and anyone could used it. Ownership was based on use, not on a piece of paper and a financial transaction. That little deal made land inaccessible to the commoners, who at the high end of feudalism were doing quite well cooperating, producing and selling outside of any land owners (who were the only economic private property owners). The land owners saw this as a threat to their authority, an authority going back to Kings and Queens, and land aquesition from conflict. That's why wealthy families go back generations, and people rarely move out of the class they were born into.

edit on 5/28/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If I had god like powers for a day, I would have less power than I have right now.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Cruff

I would remove every liar, thief, and abuser off the planet.

There would be no elites left - and none of the other common criminals.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

So in other words the world would be left with 20,000 deaf and blind people and a horde of gentle souls with down syndrome.

What would be the point?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

edit on 28-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Pettiness nearly dragged me in.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Cruff

I would remove every liar, thief, and abuser off the planet.

There would be no elites left - and none of the other common criminals.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

So in other words the world would be left with 20,000 deaf and blind people and a horde of gentle souls with down syndrome.

What would be the point?

How did you get that from the post you quoted?

There probably isn't a person on this planet that isn't a liar unless they simply fail to have the brain capacity to lie. SO... If you removed every thief, liar and abuser off the planet, you'd be left with however many people there are on Earth who suffer from down syndrome. There's a good chance you might end up with some blind and/or deaf people, simply because their impairments might give them some humble attributes. But in reality, I'd probably strike them too from my list of survivors.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

edit on 28-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: Pettiness nearly dragged me in.

You may as well be bothered... (since I caught it before your edit)

and pettiness drug you into it, you may as well continue it. (since I got in before your second edit)

What is this, edit your post day on ATS?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What is this, edit your post day on ATS?

It looks that way.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

There probably isn't a person on this planet that isn't a liar unless they simply fail to have the brain capacity to lie. SO... If you removed every thief, liar and abuser off the planet, you'd be left with however many people there are on Earth who suffer from down syndrome. There's a good chance you might end up with some blind and/or deaf people, simply because their impairments might give them some humble attributes. But in reality, I'd probably strike them too from my list of survivors.

Thank you for this expansion - it helped me to understand where you were coming from.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
1. Make humans incapable of malice.

The rest will fall into place.

I'd use the rest for selfishness.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Thank you for this expansion - it helped me to understand where you were coming from.

This article here suggests that 60% of people can't go ten minutes without lying. I presume the other 40% were probably just lying in the study.

I think people fail to understand that everyone lies. Whether it be for personal gain or in the attempt to emotionally protect others.

The idea that one could "wipe out all the liars, abuser, and cheaters off the planet" or equivalent dribble, is just a naive unrealistic view on the world and said without any maturity or actual thought on the matter.

If I had the power of a god, I'd give everyone the power of seeing into another person's "soul" by simply shaking their hand. By soul, I mean each person could in an instant, see into the other person's life, all of it, memories, fears, emotions, happiness... everything. Simply in a split second, process all said information, and it would have a lasting effect for a few minutes.

Then see how the world evolves from there.

I'd bet that most people would begin wearing gloves... To be honest.
edit on 28-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
1. Make humans incapable of malice.

The rest will fall into place.

I'd use the rest for selfishness.

I presume you'd have a lot of suicides afterward.

Second coming... I mean, line.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would give the world one day of peace. Maybe if we got a little taste of what it was like to live without fear of war and violence we just might turn things around.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
1 - I'd instantly let everyone know the truth about God and the universe .. direct from God .. not filtered through any humans or any human version of 'faith', etc There would be no denying God or truth. Those that denied it would obviously be choosing evil and would obviously be wrong.

2 - I'd instantly show every human on the planet the state of their soul .. how God sees them .. all their good qualities and all their sins. They'd feel how they made others feel. For example .. men who beat women would actually feel what their victims felt. I'd make it all very obvious so they could either heal or repent of their actions as necessary.

3 - I'd destroy every religious book that was in print that was in error.

4 - I'd heal the planet of all the crap that man has done to it. Clean air, water, earth ...

5 - I'd heal everyone of every illness and every disability. A one shot thing to get peoples attention ...

6 - I'd instantly have every adult human on the planet be able to read and write their language. This would help people escape bad situations.

7 - I'd make every human male sterile for 10 years. No one would be able to have a baby for 10 years. And after 10 years I wouldn't send any more human babies to anyone unless they were to pray and ask for a baby, and I were to find them to be worthy of parenthood. People don't treat human life with the dignity and respect that it deserves. Its precious and should be treated as such. This would make people understand that.

ETA 8 - one more ... I'd make it so that, when people come to the end of their appointed time on earth, instead of having nasty and painful deaths due to disease or old age, they gently slip away while asleep. Accidents still happen of course, but those that were supposed to die at a certain time due to disease or old age would gently slip away .... no pain and no struggles.

edit on 5/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join