It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate Windows 7

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I hate cars. I just spent 10 hours trying to make my car work like a horse. Not even the hay will go in the proper end.

And worse, I used to kick my horse and it would move. This car doesn't even do anything and now I've got a sore toe.

I hate this car. It won't move unless I turn this key thing, and then it still won't go in circles unless I pull a wheel. My horse would do it for me.

I wish I knew how to counter the claim that win8 is a bad os, but win7 is a great os, when they're effectively the same os.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

lmao

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
And if you ask someone "where is X at?" they'll tell you to hit the start menu, then use search.

If you want to find X, try a Mac. It runs OS X great.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Maybe you need to get your IT husband to check your install, and make sure everything is working properly. I have used Windows 7 since its Beta, and it is the best OS Microsoft has ever done. Sure, it has a few quirks, but it trounces XP in almost every way. Performance being number one.

I have had no problems installing anything I've wanted to run. I even have a Windows 95 program on my Windows 7 64-bit, that runs perfectly. I'm not sure where your problem is, but I don't think it's the OS, as much as it is other contributing factors.

Hang with it, you'll get it all worked out.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Buddy if you don't like Windows 7 just wait till you try Windows 8!

Personally i thought Windows 7 was a breath of fresh air after there Vista debacle.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
defintly do NOT go any where near windows 8 if you dont like 7.

it will blow your mind how all the things you dont like are 100x worst...

i hate 8 and i like 7 now i know how to use it

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

if I have one gripe about XP and 7, its that ipconfig doesnt work from the run command. I want a ipconfig gui bill!

As was said in an earlier post, use CMD to get a command prompt, then use IPCONFIG.
If you type it at the run/search bar, it does run, but kinda fast. Like faster than you can see. Then it closes.

I have been forced to use 8 and I don't like it. I am told by my oppressors( my boss) that I must convey confidence to my clients that the new technology is good. I suck at lying. I tell the people I like that windows 8 sucks green eggs. I just hope nobody tells "them".

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

It sounds like you need to learn how to use a computer. I have Windows 7 and I've never had any of those problems. And yes, I have installed many fonts.

The stupid folders don't even navigate right

Then change the folder settings to your preference.

When you want to find something, it's not where it's supposed to be

Then do some organizing, put those things where you want them, save things where you want them saved, install things where you want them installed, and you won't have any problem finding them.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I sort of felt the same way when I first moved over to 7 from XP. But trust me you do get used to it fairly quickly, and it is better than XP in a lot of ways once you get the hang of it. However I would recommend installing Classic Shell. XP is now becoming obsolete. Windows 7 Ultimate is the way to go, but steer clear of Vista and 8, they are both pathetic excuses for an OS.

best said in the quote. you'll come to like/love it eventually and rather quickly.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Also, if you end up getting a whole slew of fonts to install, you can put them in a single folder. open the folder, highlight them all. The right-click. Install will be one of the options on the Right-click menu.
It became a pain opening and installing one at a time..And I accidentally stumbled on that trick.
However, I am doing this on 7pro...7 Home might be different...I can try taht at home to make sure I'm giving valid info.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Windows 7 Ultimate is the way to go, but steer clear of Vista and 8, they are both pathetic excuses for an OS.

Hi ChaoticOrder.
I was wondering why you suggest Ultimate?
I've tried Pro and Ultimate and as far as I could see the only difference was ultimate carried a lot more networking stuff that most of us not connected to a network would never need. Did I miss something?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I hate cars. I just spent 10 hours trying to make my car work like a horse. Not even the hay will go in the proper end.

And worse, I used to kick my horse and it would move. This car doesn't even do anything and now I've got a sore toe.

I hate this car. It won't move unless I turn this key thing, and then it still won't go in circles unless I pull a wheel. My horse would do it for me.

I wish I knew how to counter the claim that win8 is a bad os, but win7 is a great os, when they're effectively the same os.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

lmao

As always

Are you married? If so, is the misses still sane?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Windows 7 is by far the best Microsoft OS to date. Better, faster and more stable than XP.

If you are having such issues so far, it's because of your lack of knowledge on a computer, not the operating system's fault.

Google is your friend.

As for the start menu, you can search for anything on W7 and when the results pop up, right click on the file you want and select the "open file location" option in the menu. Instant directory access without the searching.

Some utilities you should look into: www.thewindowsclub.com...
edit on 28-5-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just my 2 bitcoins.

Been using 7 x64 for a couple of years now, and I can't even remember what XP was like.

Windows folder/files being in a different place to XP was annoying at first, especially all the locked folders. But everything XP has is available in 7, once you get used to how to access them it is actually better than XP.

It's more reliable than XP, a little faster in some things and a lot faster in others.

The administrator problem, is not a problem, you have to right click and hit 'run as administrator'. It is to ensure your files are safer. If everything has administrator privileges then hackers will also have administrator access.
You really should never run windows in administrator mode all the time in XP, but in 7 it's OK.

The Administrator user account is by far the number one target for someone trying to gain illegal access to your network and resources. You must protect this account above all other accounts to ensure that you are not left vulnerable to the tools, tricks, and exposure that this account accommodates. There are some basic and advanced options that you can configure within Windows Active Directory to protect this valued account.

www.windowsecurity.com...

edit on 5/28/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

7 licks.

If you dont hate 7 enough, try reordering items in a folder, like pictures.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Windows folder/files being in a different place to XP was annoying at first, especially all the locked folders.

I come up against that too. They are not locked, they are shortcuts!
They exist for older installers that try to install as they would on XP.
Example being Documents and Settings folder. Look closely, assuming you've set up to see everything and you'll notice those locked folders have the little shortcut icon on them, the little arrow.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Feel Lucky my friend!!!!! Because windows 8 computers are the WORST!!!! There is a reason they fired the guy in charge of creating windows 8. IT"S HORRIBLE!!! I wanna say "cry me a river" but I guess I just did. They design the windows 8 for a touch pad ....but when it's put on a laptop .......holy fu** storm of insanity. I even had my computer guy put windows 7 on it, but the mouse pad is still designed to do funky crap like you would expect with a touch pad.

Consider yourself lucky and don't buy windows until windows 8 is recalled or they come out with something else
!!!!!
P/S if you wanna swap computers, I"ll be more than happy to ...mine is brand spanking new still under warranty

edit on 28-5-2013 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
Feel Lucky my friend!!!!! Because windows 8 computers are the WORST!!!! There is a reason they fired the guy in charge of creating windows 8. IT"S HORRIBLE!!! I wanna say "cry me a river" but I guess I just did. They design the windows 8 for a touch pad ....but when it's put on a laptop .......holy fu** storm of insanity. I even had my computer guy put windows 7 on it, but the mouse pad is still designed to do funky crap like you would expect with a touch pad.

Consider yourself lucky and don't buy windows until windows 8 is recalled or they come out with something else
!!!!!
P/S if you wanna swap computers, I"ll be more than happy to ...mine is brand spanking new still under warranty

edit on 28-5-2013 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

I loved the vid

I agree with the guy 100% I've removed 8 from 2 laptops for people who both BEGGED me to "get that sh!t off".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join