It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids indicate Alien contact

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

In order to discount the existence of aliens, you must first solve: animal mutilations which occur on a frequent basis, mutilations of the Russian Hikers who died mysteriously(the commander resigned and refused to sign a statement for the cause of death), alien abductions, as well as countless UFO sightings, some of which diverted jumbo jets, followed by military crafts, showed up on radar, even shut down an airport.

This is not proof for existence of aliens, but we cannot say the opposite.

Regarding your comment: "Much of the research today on the Great Pyramid is carried out by archeologists, engineers, scientists, architects, mathematicians, and scholars from many disciplines. "

Think about it, why else would it be one of the wonders of the world if professionals can easily determine the methods to build it? It wouldn't be so mysterious if professionals have the answer to it. Simple, no need to ask for who the experts are.

www.gizapyramid.com...

edit on 1-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Agreed

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

In order to discount the existence of aliens, you must first solve: animal mutilations which occur on a frequent basis, mutilations of the Russian Hikers who died mysteriously(the commander resigned and refused to sign a statement for the cause of death), alien abductions, as well as countless UFO sightings, some of which diverted jumbo jets, followed by military crafts, showed up on radar, even shut down an airport.

Actually I needn't. If you, however, intend to use those examples as proof, you must show a link between them and demonstrate how they together prove the existence of aliens.

This is not proof for existence of aliens, but we cannot say the opposite.

Like I said... and failure to prove a negative is NOT proof of a positive.

Regarding your comment: "Much of the research today on the Great Pyramid is carried out by archeologists, engineers, scientists, architects, mathematicians, and scholars from many disciplines. "

Is that anything like "Critics agree: Battleship is the number one film in America"?

You claimed a consensus of experts. I guess I'm looking for names and fields of expertise, as I HIGHLY doubt a majority, or even significant minority of peer-acknowledged experts in history or archaeology actually subscribe to this type highly speculative [being generous here] line of reasoning.

Think about it, why else would it be one of the wonders of the world if professionals can easily determine the methods to build it?

Scale and grandeur. That men built such a great structure in antiquity is what makes it a wonder of the ancient world. It's not because we are wondering who built it and from which star system they hail.

It wouldn't be so mysterious if professionals have the answer to it. Simple, no need to ask for who the experts are.

It seems to only be mysterious to your "experts".

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
reply to post by jheherrin

By the way, the Great Pyramids of Egypt in their original condition were made of marble.

They used to be covered with smooth, and exceptionally well polished white marble. The capstone was the best part, and often gold plated. Now they're gone.

Not marble. Fine white limestone from Tura. Kahfre's pyramid next door still has it in the upper parts of his pyramid

Originally posted by Welby
This was said perfectly Alien view. There is indeed no clear evidence that the Egyptians built it.

A recent find at Luxor says differently:

Most interestingly, the storage galleries also contained hundreds of papyrus fragments.

Among them, 10 were very well preserved.

“They are the oldest papyri ever found,” Tallet said

Many of the papyri describe how the central administration, under the reign of Cheops, sent food -- mainly bread and beer -- to the workers involved in the Egyptian expeditions departing from the port.

But one papyrus is much more intriguing: it's the diary of Merrer, an Old Kingdom official involved in the building of the Great Pyramid of Cheops.

From four different sheets and many fragments, the researchers were able to follow his daily activity for more that three months.

"He mainly reported about his many trips to the Turah limestone quarry to fetch block for the building of the pyramid," Tallet said.

“Although we will not learn anything new about the construction of Cheops monument, this diary provides for the first time an insight on this matter," Tallet said.

Quote comes from a second source

Harte

edit on 6/1/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why would aliens build tombs for humans who worshipped cats?

It makes no sense.

The egos must have been astounding.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Why would aliens build tombs for humans who worshipped cats?

It makes no sense.

The egos must have been astounding.

The cats were the aliens......

Okay, sorry! Could help myself...... But if you're a cat owner, you'll understand......

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Some of these replies are making me laugh! if any account is reliable, i'd say herodotus' account given in his book "histories" written 450-420 BC.

"a hundred thousand men laboured constantly and were relieved every three months by a fresh lot. it took ten years opression of the people to mnake the causeway for the conveyance of the stones, a work not much infererior in my judgment to the pyramid itself. this causeway is five furlongs in length, ten fathoms wide, and in height, at the highest part, eight fathoms. it is built of polished stone , and is covered with carvings of animals. to make it took ten years as i said ,, or rather to make the causeway, the works on the mound where the pyramid stand and the underground chambers, which cheops intended as vaults for his own use. these last were built on a sort of island surrounded by water introduced from the nile by a canal. the pyramid was twenty years in building. it is a square , eight hundred feet each way, and the height the same, built entirely of polished stone., fitted together with the utmost care. the stones of which it is composed are none of them less than thirty feet in length.

the pyramid was built in steps, battlement wise, as it is called, or according to others, altar-wise. after laying the stones for the base, they raised the remaining stones to their places by means of machines formed of wooden planks. the first machine raised them from the ground to the top of the first step. on this there was another machine, which recieved the stone upon its arrival and conveyed it to the second step, whence a third machine advanced it still higher. either they had as many machines as there steps in the pyramid or possibly they had but a single machine, which being easily moved, was transferred from tier to tier as the stone rose- both accounts are given and therefore i mention both. the upper portion of the pyramid was finished first , then the middle, and finally the part which was lowest and nearest the ground. there is an inscription in egyptian characters on the pyramid which records the quantity of radishes , onions and garlic consumed by the labourers who constructed it, and i perfectly well remember that the interpreter read the writing to me said that the money expended in this way was 1600 talents of silver. if this then is a true record, what a vast sum must have been spent on the iron tools used in the work, and on the feeding and clothing of the labourers , considering the length of time the work lasted, which has already been stated, and the additional time, no small space, i imagine which must have been occupied by the quarring of the stones , their conveyance and the formation of the underground apartments."

he also goes on to say that cheops built one. his brother chephren 50 years later built a second one, and his son mycerinus also left behind a pyramid.

call it tyrant kings! not aliens!

sorry for any typo's i was touch typing this directly from the book.
edit on 2-6-2013 by samkamikaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Not marble. Fine white limestone from Tura. Kahfre's pyramid next door still has it in the upper parts of his pyramid

Harte I am not sure your information is accurate, remember there are many sources of information out there about this subject, of many expertise.

For the OP, the truth is more like a mixture of all ideas. The bible mentions the same giants that built rock monuments all over the work at and before the great flood - the end of that being 12,000 years ago. Now these giants could have made it to mars, because there are monuments on mars which resemble ancient Egypt. We know that UFOs have been around since the ancient Sumerians and even before, but we also know now that UFOs are only associated with magic, witchcraft, big foot, mantis beings, tall whites, humanoids, short big-headed greys, etc, but not giants. So yes the pyramids were built by giants who lived throughout the world before recorded civilization, but we don't know where the aliens fit it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

History tells us the 'Egyptian race' no longer exists. They are still studying the DNA of modern day so-called Egyptians for more info about who the original Ancient Egyptians were. If you have followed alien hypothesis as to humanity you will find some human DNA can be classified as alien code:

ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com...

So if I were to give in to the opposition and admit that the so called Ancient Egyptians did in fact create the pyramids it would be with another hypotheses thrown in - that being that the Ancient Egyptians of that era were in fact at least part alien, their gods based upon real alien beings and their disappearance as a race was not caused by invasion and inter-breeding but because they left this planet for other parts of the universe - Maybe pyramid power is more significant than you can imagine - possibly they needed the energy for a science yet to be understood by modern humans.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
did they have drills and electricity well it sure looks like it to some people

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
reply to post by greyer

History tells us the 'Egyptian race' no longer exists. They are still studying the DNA of modern day so-called Egyptians for more info about who the original Ancient Egyptians were. If you have followed alien hypothesis as to humanity you will find some human DNA can be classified as alien code:

ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com...

So if I were to give in to the opposition and admit that the so called Ancient Egyptians did in fact create the pyramids it would be with another hypotheses thrown in - that being that the Ancient Egyptians of that era were in fact at least part alien, their gods based upon real alien beings and their disappearance as a race was not caused by invasion and inter-breeding but because they left this planet for other parts of the universe - Maybe pyramid power is more significant than you can imagine - possibly they needed the energy for a science yet to be understood by modern humans.

its people like you that make me lose faith in humanity.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

The more you look at the theories surrounding the construction of Egypt's Pyramids the more you come to the logical conclusion that even if it were possible for the Egyptians to construct them there is no evidence that they had the technology to do so; No writings exist describing how and no tools have ever been found that would be capable of cutting stones with such mathematical precision and no traces of devices capable of lifting stones weighing many tons have ever been found.

Well here's an image depicting how ancient Egyptians moved massive constructions

The tool below is called a "merkhet" and was instrumental in the building of the pyramids....google it

Now....how about you show us the "writings" "tools" and the "evidence" that it was aliens that built the pyramids?
edit on 2/6/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I thought that's just a device to tell time? Similar to a sundial.

How do you build the Pyramid of Gyza with a watch?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

I thought that's just a device to tell time? Similar to a sundial.

How do you build the Pyramid of Gyza with a watch?

It was used for surveying to orient a pyramid for example well actually bay and merkhet. You line up north star pyramid of Khufu was surveyed this is capable of accuracy to 3 minutes of arc. The reason he chose this tool is it was discovered in the queens chamber of khufu's pyramid, Well not this one its a reproduction but you get the idea surveyors worked at night to use the stars.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Impressive pictures Argyll; Wonderful art has come out of Ancient Egypt but it is easier to paint picture than build a massive pyramid with simple tools.

I just turned this up which was posted on the internet some years ago. Like your art work and simple tools it proves nothing - but like other details given by peashooter, Smirnov, etc. on this thread it leaves open anecdotal evidence to the original hypothesis that the Pyramids were of alien construction and/or design:

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small. Did the ancient Egyptians know what the number pi was? Not likely, seeing as it was a number not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the 6th century, and the pyramids calculate it to the fifteenth. What about the fact that even though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square? Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees. In fact, the sides have a difference in length of something like two centimeters, which is an incredibly small amount. What about the fact that although the Egyptians kept very careful records about everything they ever did; every king they had, every war they fought, and every structure they built, there were no records of them ever having built the pyramids? What about the fact that the Egyptians had not even invented the wheel yet, but the blocks that they had to carry to build the pyramids weighed about 2 tons each? 4,000 lbs.? What did they do... use cement? In fact, they used so much stone, that if you took all of the stone they used and cut it into 1 foot square blocks, it would extend 2/3 of the way around the earth!!! If you take the line of longitude that the pyramid lies on and the latitude that the pyramid lies on, 31 degrees north by 31 degrees west (the fact that they are the same number is a coincidence???) they are the two lines that cover the most combined land area in the world. In essence, the pyramid is the center of all of the land mass of the whole earth!!!! How about the fact that a group of modern scientists attempted to build a pyramid out next to the real one using modern technologies, and after something like 100 days, succeeded in building one about 1/40 of the size of the real one???? Did you know that the height of the pyramid (481 feet) is almost exactly 1/1,000,000,000 of the distance from the earth to the sun (480.6 billion feet)? What about all of that fungi that was found in King Tutu's chamber? Fungi which has never before been seen on earth? What about the Pharaoh's curse????? You decide, who built the Pyramids????? Aliens have definetly constructed the pyramids, so what have the egyptians done on this earth?

Other information can be found here:

www.outerworlds.com...

As this debate has shown. The debate between those who believe in alien involvement in human history and those who say they [the aliens] are nothing more than imagination, is like the debate between atheists and fundamentalists, neither will except even the possibility of the other being right and will use all the 'evidence' in the known world to convince you that they are correct - And always they prove nothing.- In parallel universes reality is not always the same !

And yet the pyramids were built to bridge the gap between worlds.

edit on 3-6-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Thank you I was wondering if any one was going to point out how stupid tthat math is. Funniest part is a pyramid uses 4 equalateral triangles just by trying to make the sides the same you can get pie its geometry. However the egyptians had no need to even know what pie was all they needed to know his how to make a trangle.Give me any object and through math I can show the distance from here to alpha centauri. Doesn't mean it was encoded just means I manipulated the math to get the results I want.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

Impressive pictures Argyll; Wonderful art has come out of Ancient Egypt but it is easier to paint picture than build a massive pyramid with simple tools.

I just turned this up which was posted on the internet some years ago. Like your art work and simple tools it proves nothing - but like other details given by peashooter, Smirnov, etc. on this thread it leaves open anecdotal evidence to the original hypothesis that the Pyramids were of alien construction and/or design:

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small.

So remarkably small, that it doesn't even happen!
"...to the fifteenth digit?"

The pyramid of Cheops hase a base length of 230,38 m, and a height of 146.6 m. If you take two times the base length, and divide this by the height, you get a value of "3,14297...".

Source: Doernenburg

Actually, the number you arrive at by doing this contrived arithmetic is the ratio 22/7, a consequence two simple matters - how the Ancient Egyptians described and measured angles, along with the angle chosen for the Great Pyramid's sides All of this is perfectly explained at the Doernenburg page I linked.

What about the fact that even though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square? Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees. In fact, the sides have a difference in length of something like two centimeters, which is an incredibly small amount.

More like 15 cm:

Lengths of sides cubits (meters)
North 439.67(230.25m) , south 440.05 (230.25m)

East 439.93 (230.39m) , west 439.87 (230.36m)

Source: gizapyramid.com

What about the fact that although the Egyptians kept very careful records about everything they ever did; every king they had, every war they fought, and every structure they built, there were no records of them ever having built the pyramids?

Please provide the ancient records concerning the construction of Djoser's step pyramid in Saqquara.

What about the fact that the Egyptians had not even invented the wheel yet, but the blocks that they had to carry to build the pyramids weighed about 2 tons each?

They neither carried the bliocks, not wheeled them. They were slid in skids along a prepared path they laid out, with the path being lubricated with water. Ever step on wet clay?

What did they do... use cement? In fact, they used so much stone, that if you took all of the stone they used and cut it into 1 foot square blocks, it would extend 2/3 of the way around the earth!!!

They did use a form of cement - mortar - by the ton. Your claim about the stones is completely specious, given that we know the GP was erected over and around a small hill (total size unknown) and that the GP has large voids (number and size unknown) behind many stone courses where great gobs of mortar, large amounts of sand, and copious amounts of grave/lscrapstone have been observed to have been dumped.

If you take the line of longitude that the pyramid lies on and the latitude that the pyramid lies on, 31 degrees north by 31 degrees west (the fact that they are the same number is a coincidence???)

29.9792° N, 31.1342° E
Great Pyramid of Giza, Coordinates

I don't care to take the characters to correct the rest of the fluff you posted from your reference. Suffice it to say the claims, exactly like the above ones I refuted, are simply wrong.

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thank you for taking the time to correct him funny how these new age websites just put out gobs of false information. You know what bothers me the most im sort of an egyptian fanatic in fact entire living room done out with egyptian motif. And what bugs me the most is how people cant be amazed what are ancestors accomplish no they have to say mu god they couldn't have done that.What i find funny is we have the same exact brains they have, no different and by know means were they stupid. Knowledge is an accumulation the more you learn the more you can learn but it works in steps. Each step building on the knowledge of the previous without some cave man discovering fire we wouldn't have computers today! Don't diminish what are ancestors accomplished be proud of them for it shows the human spirit we strive for goals and achieve them thats truly an amazing trait no other species on this planet can make that claim.

Sorry if i went off on a bit of a tangent but i just cant stand people that think we couldnt have done this we needed help. All most as bad as the people that say we couldn't have done it and it was faked. Never underestimate what human ingenuity and hard work can accomplish.
edit on 6/3/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm impressed by the scholarly nature of the assesment the pro-Egyptians did it faction of this debate has given.
Still I see no more 'proof' of contemporary [to the time of the pyramids supposed construction] credibiltiy than say an earlier race having been involved - As far as a so called alien involvement goes that is only in the realm of speculation.

But then again from a previous debate on the same subject:

The mass of the pyramid is estimated at 5.9 million tonnes. The volume, including an internal hillock, is roughly 2,500,000 cubic metres. Based on these estimates, building this in 20 years would involve installing approximately 800 tonnes of stone every day. Similarly, since it consists of an estimated 2.3 million blocks, completing the building in 20 years would involve moving an average of more than 12 of the blocks into place each hour, day and night

who will argue that ancient Egyptians had the technology and power to cut a stone far out in some mountains, move it to the Nile, load it onto a barge, floating it down (or up) the Nile, unload it from the barge onto the land, roll it and push it, and pull it and lifting it and finally place it on its place in the pyramid and ALL of these activities in 5 MINUTES .... ???

[Hyperbole] And now it is time for the truth. I built the pyramids. I was much stronger and healthier and did not even consider it a great achievement at the time. Designed the whole thing in my head, did the calculations, cut the stones and used my in-born anti-gravity to place them as planned. But I was younger then and could do much more than today..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

From my first post in the thread

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well graves of the workers have been found they were human

"That idea of the slaves came from Herodotus," the Greek historian and explorer, Hawass continues. Herodotus visited Egypt around 450 B.C., about 2,000 years after the pyramids were constructed, and was told that 100,000 men had been forced to toil as slaves on the Great Pyramid of the pharaoh Khufu.

Thus the Giza monuments, which were constructed during the 4th-dynasty reigns of Kings Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure (about 2550 to 2470 B.C.), required some 80 years to build

So not the 20 years that the alien believers say to make it look impossible for humans to have done it.
The people worked as teams and even had team names like lots of modern companies do to encourage a competative nature to increase productivity.

Similar team-name inscriptions have been found inside the pyramids. On two blocks in the highest chamber of Khufu's Great Pyramid, for example, a gang of workers painted hieroglyphics that read "Friends of Khufu." And in Menkaure's mortuary temple another group displayed its insignia: "Drunkards of Menkaure."

So there is plenty of evidence to show humans did it if you stop using BS alien web sites as your only source of info.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join