It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids indicate Alien contact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Like many real mystery`s in life the true answer would create a new paradigm and those who enjoy the power created by the holy books and those who have knowledge greater than ours will never let some truths be known.

I have no knowledge, skills or experience in "Pyramid" building, but I dont require it to know there is so much more to these incredible structures than we can imagine....Sometimes the nay-sayers only give strength to those with a free, eager and enquisative mind.......

Respects
edit on 28-5-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
Here is an interesting quote:

"In a shock statement, head of the Cairo University Archeology Department, Dr Ala Shaheen has told an audience that there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza. On being further questioned by Mr Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland as to whether the pyramid might still contain alien technology or even a UFO with its structure, Dr Shaheen, was vague and replied “I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is “not of this world”. Delegates to the conference on ancient Egyptian architecture were left shocked, however Dr Shaheen has refused to comment further or elaborate on his UFO and alien related statements."
:

Your quote was shown to be a hoax right here at ATS.

However, I suppose to you sparkly-eyed naifs that believe every youtube vid you can load (this applies to the OP, and the majority of people posting immediately thereafter,) it is perfectly legitimate to bring in a hoax as "evidence," as long as you wait a year or two after it was exposed.

Harte

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Well graves of the workers have been found they were human

"That idea of the slaves came from Herodotus," the Greek historian and explorer, Hawass continues. Herodotus visited Egypt around 450 B.C., about 2,000 years after the pyramids were constructed, and was told that 100,000 men had been forced to toil as slaves on the Great Pyramid of the pharaoh Khufu.

Thus the Giza monuments, which were constructed during the 4th-dynasty reigns of Kings Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure (about 2550 to 2470 B.C.), required some 80 years to build

So not the 20 years that the alien believers say to make it look impossible for humans to have done it.
The people worked as teams and even had team names like lots of modern companies do to encourage a competative nature to increase productivity.

One construction engineering consulting firm (Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall, aka DMJM) concluded it took around ten years and an average workforce of less than 14,000 and a peak workforce at 40,000.
link

Otherwise, fine post.

Harte

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not aliens, but giants that roamed the earth.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by bottleslingguy

This was my point, every single block has to be precise like lego pieces, just this fact blew my mind away. If a couple blocks were a couple centimeters off, it will throw off the accuracy of the entire structure.

So this is the basis of your erroneous belief, then.

Sorry, but not a single block is precisely fitted. 99% of the Great Pyramid is slapped together without regard for fit.

The AE's didn't even bother to level the courses of stone, correcting their level every tenth or fifteenth course.

Huge voids exist behind the stone, in which we can see dumped gtobs of mortar, sand and rock debris.

You really ought to learn a little about the structure before pronouncing it perfect.

Harte

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

This was my point, every single block has to be precise like lego pieces, just this fact blew my mind away. If a couple blocks were a couple centimeters off, it will throw off the accuracy of the entire structure.

Sorry, but not a single block is precisely fitted. 99% of the Great Pyramid is slapped together without regard for fit.

The AE's didn't even bother to level the courses of stone, correcting their level every tenth or fifteenth course.

Huge voids exist behind the stone, in which we can see dumped gtobs of mortar, sand and rock debris.

You really ought to learn a little about the structure before pronouncing it perfect.

Harte

LOL, so you think they threw it together and it happens to have less than a couple minutes error to true north, as well as precise measurements to give ratios of something you can't even measure?

Alright, I'm out, think about what you just said for a minute because you just insulted yourself and the people involved in building the pyramids.

No suggestions have been given for how they achieved this accuracy to constellations, equinoxes of the year, speed of light.

What did you say again? They didn't bother with the levelling? "The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base"

fraction of an inch over 13.1 acres, this is what you said "Sorry but not one single block was precisely fitted, it was slapped together without regard"

?!?!?!?!?!?!?????? ?
edit on 28-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The evidence currently suggests that it requires extreme precision/technology, your argument is: prove aliens built it.

Sorry to bother you dude, but that is a load of ****.
Would you mind providing a source for said evidence?

If you have been watching Ancient Aliens, I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but Santa Claus isn't real. The measurement and claims they make on that show, about the proportions and precision of different ancient monument, are often completely incorrect and exaggerated.

HERE'S ANOTHER THREAD ON ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pi, Golden Ratio and Speed of Light encoded into Great Pyramid

Learn how to use the search button.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
reply to post by wmd_2008

I'm not Carl Munck so I don't have all of his answers...but I have watched his videos.

My understanding is the "ancients", according to him, used Radians not Pi to come up with equations, and he supposes that mistakes involve using Pi as a crutch, and we should calculate things using radians.

Well

An arc of a circle with the same length as the radius of that circle corresponds to an angle of 1 radian. A full circle corresponds to an angle of 2π radians.

Pi and radians are connected so what do you think now?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

LOL, so you think they threw it together and it happens to have less than a couple minutes error to true north, as well as precise measurements to give ratios of something you can't even measure?

The "ratios" you mention, phi and pi, are not ratios at all. In fact, they are both examples of the very antithesis of what a ratio is. And neither irrational number was involved in the construction of any pyramid. However, the AE's were aware of phi, the concept (not the number itself but the resulting golden rectangle it is part of.) Pi, they certainly didn't know.

Alignment with north, (actually, almost certainly this alignment is with East and West, not North, though nobody ever brings this up) does not require exact-fitting stones. It requires straight lines. The stones themselves are very much not fitted and anyone looking at a pic of the GP that shows enough detail can immediately see this.

Of course, it is possible for a person to arrive at your opinion without ever even once laying eyes on the GP. The only question then is, I wonder why you believe this.

Alright, I'm out, think about what you just said for a minute because you just insulted yourself and the people involved in building the pyramids.

No, I stated known and provable facts. If they burst your bubble, that's your problem.

Originally posted by peashooterNo suggestions have been given for how they achieved this accuracy to constellations, equinoxes of the year, speed of light.

The first two, sighting sticks, shadows. The third - you need to take your pills.

What did you say again? They didn't bother with the levelling? "The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base"

Leveled every 10 to fifteen stone courses. How's that for "precise fitting?"

Originally posted by peashooterfraction of an inch over 13.1 acres, this is what you said "Sorry but not one single block was precisely fitted, it was slapped together without regard"

Again, levelled every ten to 15 courses. In the end, the result is level. But in between, it's anything but. Did you not claim that getting one stone slightly wrong would ruin the precision of the entire structure? Have you even looked at the thing?

Are you an idiot?

Perhaps I am, for trying to help you out of your fantasy.

Do you know anything at all about the core of GP? Are you aware that it is comprised of odd shapes and sizes of stones piled together into a heap with mortar holding it together? Stones from football-sized to schoolbus-sized - mortared together into a single pile?

My characterization is absolutely correct. It is not a theory, it is not my belief, it is absolute fact.

You realize that the core was exposed when Vyse blew his way in to the GP with black powder, searching for other passageways? This means we can see what the thing is made of. "Precise" cut stone it ain't.

Read something other than fringey lunatic claims every once in a while: like this, maybe.

Harte
edit on 5/28/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Did you assume over 4000 years the pyramid would be completely smooth as if it was just built?

You think people will not vandalize the exterior? The King's Chamber as well as many parts of the interior are damaged, but still contain much valuable information for study. Of course there may be many irregular pieces on the pyramid they clearly tried to blast an opening, who knows what else they did.

An article about temperature fluctuation causing damage over time.
Just because the exterior is damaged does not mean the architects/engineers built pyramids "without regard" and "not a single block was fitted with precision"

www.theatlantic.com...

By the way is that the only source you have? A tour egypt website? Egyptian authorities have changed their statements many times about the pyramids, even hiding some information for a while. What makes you think a simple webpage can lead you to the conclusion the pyramids were built horribly?

Here's a link to "Architectural Analysis of the Great Pyramid."
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Please!!! Read it and tell me again they threw the blocks together "without regard" Let me quote you

"Sorry, but not a single block is precisely fitted. 99% of the Great Pyramid is slapped together without regard for fit. "

PS: LOL, can you demonstrate how to predict every equinox in a year with SIGHTING STICKS AND SHADOWS and cast it onto an 8 sided pyramid?

I'll quote you again :

The "ratios" you mention, phi and pi, are not ratios at all. In fact, they are both examples of the very antithesis of what a ratio is. And neither irrational number was involved in the construction of any pyramid. However, the AE's were aware of phi, the concept (not the number itself but the resulting golden rectangle it is part of.) Pi, they certainly didn't know.

Calculations of measurements:
www.numberscience.plus.com...

"1- (2 x base length) divided by height = 3.1415 or pi, symbol p
used in circular & spherical geometry.
2- ( height divided by half base ) = 1.62 ( approximates to 1.618 ), symbol f
measure of growth & derived from the Fibonacci series.
3- The slant angle of the face of the pyramid approximates to 51.85 degrees or 51 degrees 51 minutes."

That took me 30 seconds to just debunk your horrible argument, I would not embarrass myself more if I were you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Did you assume over 4000 years the pyramid would be completely smooth as if it was just built?

Note the upper section of Kahfre's pyramid - still as smooth as when it was built.

Originally posted by peashooterYou think people will not vandalize the exterior?

Didn't hit my link, did you?

According to you, then, this:

Is the result of vandalism?

Here's a site with three pics taken behind the exterior facade you see when you look at the GP from outside. There are a great many more of these pics from that one entry out there somewhere online. You can find all of them if you look hard enough.

If you bother to visit that page, please tell me, do those look "precision cut" to you?

Originally posted by peashooterBy the way is that the only source you have? Egyptian authorities have changed their statements many times about the pyramids, even hiding some information for a while. What makes you think a simple webpage can lead you to the conclusion the pyramids were built horribly?

"Built horribly?"

I said 99% was slapped together. As an example, do you think that anyone (including yourself) cares about the conditions that exist inside the inner walls of your own home? Other than maybe plumbing, that is.

So what if the carpenters bent twelve nails over trying to nail in the 2x4 plate at the bottom of your wall? After all, the sheet rock will cover the area, right?

This is how everything in the world was and still is built. Including the GP, which consists of a core of various-sized stones slapped together in a heap using mortar, a cover of backing stones laid out well, but again so varying in size as to make levelling or even close-fitting each one not only too time consuming, but even itrresponsible considering both close fits and leveling each row is not necessary, covered by cladding stone of fine white Tura limestone that were laid and then chiseled to a very fine match.

The outside work is the fine stuff. The inner work is just the support for the outside stuff.

Harte

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I didn't know any of this, but Carl Munck shows pictures of people on the top of the pyramid conducting electricity etc. Pyramid power.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Again, watch the videos. There is a ton of math in it and he goes over this stuff.

No reason to shoot the messenger here, I think most of you(if interested in math) would find it fascinating.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***
Limit the debate to the topic and knock off the not so veiled insults.

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I suggest you guys go to disclosetv website and watch the "ancient aliens :Aliens power plants (S05E03) " video, that will enlighten you
edit on 28-5-2013 by themaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'd say there is plenty of evidence showing humans built it. Do you have no faith in human engineering? We're talking about one of the richest nations on earth at the time, with willing religious workers who were paid well, the evidence shows the workers were not slaves. It's one of those things you can ignore all of the evidence on one end or you can take the word of a guy with crazy hair claiming everything is aliens. Take the logical or take the illogical, it's as simple as that, humans built the pyramids.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Calculations of measurements:
www.numberscience.plus.com...

"1- (2 x base length) divided by height = 3.1415 or pi, symbol p
used in circular & spherical geometry.

Actually, it's 22/7. Check it.

It is the result of the Egyptian method of measuring angles using cubits. So many cubits in for every so many cubits up.

Kahfre's pyramid right next door yeilds exactly three when the same "math" is applied to it. That's because this ratio for Kahfre's pyramid comes to 21/7.

2- ( height divided by half base ) = 1.62 ( approximates to 1.618 ), symbol f
measure of growth & derived from the Fibonacci series.

Height: 146.5 meters
Base: 230.4 meters (average of four)
height /(1/2)base = 1.271...
Source for dimensions: wiki

3-The slant angle of the face of the pyramid approximates to 51.85 degrees or 51 degrees 51 minutes."

That took me 30 seconds to just debunk your horrible argument, I would not embarrass myself more if I were you.

No, it took you 30 seconds to put your foot in your mouth. After all, prior to a person claiming that this thing dividied by this other thing is equal to that thing, one would think that said person would actually do the simple few steps on a calculator to be sure. You do know, I hope, that there is a calculator available right there on your computer, and you don't have to do that terribly hard stuff (division) by hand, right?

Now, I see that you certainly aren't interested to know anything actual regarding the Great Pyramid, but perhaps someone reading this thread would like further explanation regarding the statement I made about 22/7.

They can read all about this here..
The author there explains precisely what it is you're calculating when you pretend to calculate pi from Great Pyramid dimensions.

However, the author (Frank Doernenburg) makes one mistake (not mathematical - just in wording.) I wonder if anyone but me will see it?

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join