It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids indicate Alien contact

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Great information, answered some questions I had before following this thread, but there is still no reasonable explanation for all the ancient sites aligned on a circle across the globe, this is assuming that the people who built all these sites have no connection to one another due to the vast areas of land/water between these sites.

home.hiwaay.net...

Sure there is there positioned on a globe that in itself is going to create circles. Not to mention alot of ancient monuments were aligned by the north star. But on a globe i can take any points and draw a circle its because the earth is round. Notice the circle isn't same latitude its just a circle. Ever seen flight paths for planes they curve because were on a globe the fastest way to a point isnt a straight line.

edit on 8-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin
I think people just love to believe in fantasy, that's why they embrace this stuff. It's a lot more exciting than understanding that a large, skilled workforce labored their butts off to create a monument and a tomb that represented the might and power of their God-king.

I think that's the main reason why many people prefer an extraterrestrial explanation, but we should not forget a possible racial reason, as the opinions about who made what change when we talk about Egypt or South America or about things made in Europe.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by jheherrin
I think people just love to believe in fantasy, that's why they embrace this stuff. It's a lot more exciting than understanding that a large, skilled workforce labored their butts off to create a monument and a tomb that represented the might and power of their God-king.

I think that's the main reason why many people prefer an extraterrestrial explanation, but we should not forget a possible racial reason, as the opinions about who made what change when we talk about Egypt or South America or about things made in Europe.

I doubt race plays in the equation though i see your point but i think that Europe became enamored with anything egyptian. They were stealing artifacts from Egypt as fast as they could so i say they developed a love for egypt so i don't think that a eurocentric explanation quite works.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This book explores the one possible solution as to how they were built.

The Secret of the Great Pyramid

Jean-Pierre had now created more than a thousand computer simulations
of the Great Pyramid and an image of what the internal ramp
had to look like began to take shape in his mind. He always knew that
it had to be straight, not circular, as his father had drawn it, but that
still left the problem of turning corners. Moving blocks in a straight
line through the interior ramp was relatively easy—eight or so men
pulling a block on a sled, but you need lots of room to turn a corner
when you are hauling a large block because the men pulling need a
place to stand. So, to allow room for turning the blocks, at the end of
each straight f light of the ramp, a large space was left open at the corner
of the Pyramid. To actually turn the corner, the workmen could have
employed something like a shadouf, used up until recent times to lift
water from the Nile for irrigation. This ancient crane could have been
what Herodotus meant when he said the Egyptians used “machines” to
build the Pyramid. The block could be lifted, rotated 90 degrees into
position for hauling up the next f light of the ramp. Thus notches were
left open at every corner—that would also have provided fresh air for
the men working inside the ramp.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
They were stealing artifacts from Egypt as fast as they could so i say they developed a love for egypt so i don't think that a eurocentric explanation quite works.

Love for Egypt, yes, but not for the Egyptians. When we read books from that time we can see how the colonial point of view, for many people, included the idea that most art in colonized (or similar) countries was a "waste", as they did not "properly appreciated" it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Since I started this post many scholarly fans of Ancient Egypt have presented a good deal of circumstantial evidence that would convince many that the Egyptians of the era created and built the pyramids with no outside,
let alone alien, help and the pyramids stand as a monument to their ingenuity. However, I still have a problem with reaching this conclusion. I will not repeat what has already been said about how long it would have taken, logistics of moving massive blocks weighing at least two tons and often weighing much more, etc. But this is what now occurs to me:

Why, if you had the ability to cut stones accurately enough to meet the design WHY cut the stones out of massive blocks weighing about two tons and often much more when it would have been far easier to cut much smaller stones? Easier to cut, easier to lift, and easier to place in place for the construction. Of course if you had giant cranes and/or advanced robots capable of lifting giant stones easily in place then the weight logistics of construction would not matter - BUT the ancient Egyptians of that era did not have giant cranes and mechanical robots to move massive stones did they? NO but the Aliens did!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
BUT the ancient Egyptians of that era did not have giant cranes and mechanical robots to move massive stones did they? NO but the Aliens did!

Please provide proof of the following:

1. Alien life exists.

2. Complex Alien life exists.

3. Intelligent, complex Alien life exists.

4. Aliens developed the technology to visit earth.

5. Aliens visited earth.

6. Aliens brought giant cranes and mechanical robots to earth.

7. Aliens used their giant cranes and mechanical robots to stack stones into pyramid-shaped piles.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

BUT the ancient Egyptians of that era did not have giant cranes and mechanical robots to move massive stones did they? NO but the Aliens did!

J
1. Alien life exists.

5. Aliens visited earth.

7. Aliens used their giant cranes and mechanical robots to stack stones into pyramid-shaped piles.

Points 1 - 6 cancel out if you skip right to the giant robots. Now I don't have any proof that giant robots once ruled the earth, but it makes a lot of sense since the pyramids are so big. Where did these giant robots come from? It's really anyone's guess. Just imagine a world full of giant robots and don't worry about proof. Now isn't that cooler than aliens?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Points 1 - 6 cancel out if you skip right to the giant robots.

Always tempting... because giant robots.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let's forget about aliens and robots for the moment and get back to our hypothetical Egyptian pyramid builders. Please explain to me why a culture considered advanced and intelligent would go out of their way not only to construct massive monuments to their Pharaohs but would do it in the hardest way possible when anyone of intelligence could see that the same massive and impressive structures could have been constructed far easier by using smaller size building blocks which would have been much easier to cut, move and install. .Maybe I'm wrong; Maybe the Egyptians were stupid and had to prove to Pharaoh their loyalty not only by building massive burial monuments but doing it in the hardest way possible?!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Let's forget about aliens and robots for the moment

Agreed, but only for a moment. :-)

I'm willing to bet cash money that they did it the easiest way they knew how, and just because YOU don't know how doesn't mean they didn't. Personally I wouldn't know where to begin to make even the simplest of small monuments, and I'm no intellectual slouch. Just not my thing.
edit on 11-6-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Why, if you had the ability to cut stones accurately enough to meet the design WHY cut the stones out of massive blocks weighing about two tons and often much more when it would have been far easier to cut much smaller stones? Easier to cut, easier to lift, and easier to place in place for the construction.

Cutting more, smaller stones takes longer than cutting one large stone.

Some calculations will show this (I hope
)

Imagine a block of rock 4 metres long, 1 metre wide and 1 metre high. It has a volume of 4 cubic metres and a surface (the area that had to be cut from the rest of the rock) of 18 square metres (two faces of 1 x 1, four faces of 4 x 1).

Now, if you wanted the same volume in smaller, easier to move, blocks, you could use, for example, 4 cubic blocks with 1 metre sides. Those would have the same volume (1 x 1 x 1 for each block, four times), 4 cubic metres, but they would have a total surface of 6 times 1 x 1 (6 square metres) for each block, four times, resulting in 24 square metres.

I didn't include in my calculations the fact that, on a quarry, when a block is removed, the others next to it get a new face, as you can see on the photo below.

On that photo we can see that they were cutting three faces for each block they were removing, so, in my example, that would mean two long sides (4 x 1) and one small side (1 x 1), resulting in 9 square metres (half the whole surface). For the smaller (1 x 1 x 1) blocks, that would mean 3 small (1 x 1) sides, resulting in 3 square metres, multiplied by four blocks, giving a final result of 12 square metres.

We can see that the relation between the whole surface of both blocks (18 and 24) and the surface cut from the rest of the rock (9 and 12) is exactly the same: the smaller blocks need one third more of work than the bigger blocks.

Now, if the slowest and hardest part was cutting the rock, they would gain time by cutting bigger blocks.

I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This guy has a nice theory, watch from 1:18 till 2:45, better watch part 1 perhaps as well though.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by draknoir2

J
1. Alien life exists.

5. Aliens visited earth.

Points 1 - 6 cancel out if you skip right to the giant robots. Now I don't have any proof that giant robots once ruled the earth, but it makes a lot of sense since the pyramids are so big. Where did these giant robots come from? It's really anyone's guess. Just imagine a world full of giant robots and don't worry about proof. Now isn't that cooler than aliens?

Hey transformers then you get aliens who are giant robots thats got to be even cooler.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Any questions?

One climb in and on the Khufu pyramid, observing the techniques employed, one can easily accept that the pyramid was built by humans. We waste a lot of attention and effort on the alien idea. Plus we imply that there are only two options, Khufu 20 years .... or aliens. That is an attention-wasting bifurcation fallacy.

The fact that there are camps, ovens, quarryways, tools, villages, etc. is understandable. Good stuff.
Gonna be there under any scenario.

Would you be so kind as to give me an original source, for these two items below? Those are pretty definitive:

Thanks for the hard work zazzafrazz!!! Well done.

The wooden beams within the structure match the dating for Kufus time, Some were older by 300 years, beauty of RCD and reusing old wood.

The kings name dissapears under the stones laid on top. "May the sails fill with wind for Khufu" they drew a boat

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

do not associate claptrap about unearthly causality simply because you can't imagine anything but.

please view the following video for a plausible explanation of the construction methods.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Hmm sources, Its in my head from years of research. The Old wood issue is likely to have more info from Koch and the radio carbon dating project archive.archaeology.org...

The ochre graffiti I've seen myself, but I think you'll see it also on one of the videos I linked regarding schematics.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Hmm sources, Its in my head from years of research. The Old wood issue is likely to have more info from Koch and the radio carbon dating project archive.archaeology.org...

The ochre graffiti I've seen myself, but I think you'll see it also on one of the videos I linked regarding schematics.

I have seen ochre graffiti and engineering marks in a variety of places
- and grammar-less/cartouche absent grafiti in between stress relieving stones, and inaccessible throughways. But I have not seen Old Kingdom hieroglyphs disappearing under a stackstone structure. That would be awesome!

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

OLD wood problem and RCD

At Giza, south of the Sphinx, we are excavating remains of facilities for storage and production of fish, meat, bread, and copper that date to the middle and end of Dynasty 4, when the pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure were under construction.......dates from samples taken here are almost direct hits on Menkaure's historical dates, 2532- 2504 B.C. ....the pyramid builders devoured whatever wood they could harvest or scavenge to roast tons of gypsum for mortar, to forge copper chisels, and to bake tens of thousands of loaves to feed the mass of assembled laborers. The giant stone pyramids in the early Old Kingdom may mark a major consumption of Egypt's wood cover, and therein lies the reason for the wide scatter, increased antiquity, and history-unfriendly radiocarbon dating results from the Old Kingdom, especially from the time of Djoser to Menkaure. In other words, it is the old-wood effect that haunts our dates and creates a kind of shadow chronology to the historical dating of the pyramids. It is the shadow cast by a thousand fires burning old wood.

archive.archaeology.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

here is the ochre graffiti on video for you to see it. Is it very exciting.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join