It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus doesn't come back for another 100,000 years?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

all the black years of the church was god simply doing his miracles?

You know the old saying..."he works in mysterious ways"...

Recently a member on ATS concluded that it was God's plan for the US to develop the nukes and bomb Japan...

I just love it...he can't go wrong in people's minds...if it's good...than he is a good loving God...if it's bad...than he works in mysterious ways.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by boncho

all the black years of the church was god simply doing his miracles?

You know the old saying..."he works in mysterious ways"...

Recently a member on ATS concluded that it was God's plan for the US to develop the nukes and bomb Japan...

I just love it...he can't go wrong in people's minds...if it's good...than he is a good loving God...if it's bad...than he works in mysterious ways.

Yeah, either that or it was all Satan's doing. Like leaving dino bones to confuse us all... (forget the fact that god created everything, including Satan so...)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Just like guns don't cause death, God doesn't cause death. Humans do. God said that he made us weak and with a freewill. You are free to reject Him or not, that is your choice that He permitted you to have. If we didn't have freewill, we would be robots, preprogrammed to do His bidding, but He didn't make us that way. Did He?

I believe in God and His word and I trust that what He has said is righteous, because I have tried going against His word and life is harder when I do. This is what I believe. Sorry, I use the right side of my brain as well as the left side. Logic is not enough to sustain us in this world. Logic is empty without emotions, just like robots are, full of logic and no love.

I rather worship a fantasy and place all my trust in an imaginary perfect figure than to transfer that trust to a corruptible weak human that can and has too many times succumbed to temptation and lies.

God told us not to worry when He will return. He will return when the time is right. Believing in God is having fate. Just like some believe that evolution and the big bang are not theories. It's a choice my friend.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Snsoc

The main point is that we think that WW3=Armageddon, and this is not necessarily so.
There isn't even a such thing as a "Battle of Armageddon" in the Book of Revelation.
Armageddon shows up once,

Now the spirits gathered the kings and their armies to the place that is called Armageddon in Hebrew.

What people do is decide that it means the valley of Megiddo, where historically there were battles, then assume that there must be a battle going to happen.
It ignores that it is referring to Mount Hermon, the traditional home of the Canaanite god.
The prophecy is of a god summoning the kings of the earth to His throne to give them a stern talking to.
If you look at the word normally translated as "battle" in the preceding verse, in the Greek, it is, polemos.
Think of the English word, "polemic", which comes from the Greek word, polemos, that means according to the dictionary: "a controversial argument, especially one refuting or attacking a specific opinion or doctrine."
edit on 28-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Well, that is interesting. God stops the destruction of the Earth in the middle and gives the kings of the Earth a good talking to? I had not heard that. You are right though, Armageddon is never indicated as the place where the battle in Revelations 19 takes place. But I use the term because it's one everybody knows.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Snsoc

In answer to the title of your thread: (What if Jesus doesn't come back for another 100,000 years); I say...

What if Jesus has already come back; taken a look around and left?
After reading every single response and responses to those responses and so and so on.
I must say I think your response is by far the BEST!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

That Battle is placed around the city of Jerusalem actually per Revelations chapter 20 verse 8 . That's where God gives the armies of Satan a good talking too . With the sword of his mouth . By that time he is through talking !

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, if you knew much about ancient Israelite rites of sacrifice and offering, you'd know that as the Melchizidek, he'd only be gone away to intercede for about 2 days which in God's time, is roughly 2000 years if 2000 years is as a day to him according to the apostles. Right now to Jesus he's only been gone about 2 days interceding at the Temple in Heaven at the Mercy Seat. You'll know when he leaves the Mercy Seat when all hell breaks loose on earth and the wrath of God is unleashed.

Ooo, and here we have the base of the faith, flat out "be scared".

I am coming to punish those that have no understanding in which that they are being punished, so it will be even MORE extreme than anything that has come before.

Gee, I wonder how he will forget his mercy chair , and turn it in for an Ultimate Destroyer Chair...and hold everyones soul in his hands whilst tossing them throughout dimensions to try and scare those who have already seen the worst possible.

Let us know when the beyond afraid Christians wise up to the fact that the books they read were NOT written by divine inspiration, for any cause other than to create a certain scenario, just as the other religions were created.

Keep telling yourselves that other religions convert to your faith when properly confronted, and that it does not happen vice-versa.

It is unreal how much power you are feeding to the harvesters with your prayers, Jesus himself will find it hard not to incinerate every one of you, for being with the true enemies of ascension.

All your base belong to someone, and that someone owns every single religion, and all of those who believe in a Fear of anything, especially "GOD"...too bad they created you to be the sheep that you are...but realize not all of us are anything like you...and the mercy seat is in entirely different hands, than you think.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Well, that is interesting. God stops the destruction of the Earth in the middle and gives the kings of the Earth a good talking to? I had not heard that.
I was not being critical of what you were saying, but going off what you said about Armageddon maybe not happening.
I got that part about being summoned to the throne from David Aune's commentary on Revelation. He's a Catholic, so doesn't have the same baggage as a lot of Protestants have about "end times".

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

That Battle is placed around the city of Jerusalem actually per Revelations chapter 20 verse 8 . That's where God gives the armies of Satan a good talking too . With the sword of his mouth . By that time he is through talking !
By "that battle", you mean Armageddon?
The one in Revelation 20:8 is "after the 1000 years are finished". And it is not the old earthly Jerusalem, but the new city that comes from heaven and Jesus and God are in it.
The one where there is the battle of the lamb with the "sword coming from its mouth" is the "wedding supper" where the vultures are invited to feast on the dead bodies.
So you are taking three things and rolling them into one and inventing your own interpretation for what all the symbolism means.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Was he not due to return around the year 2000?

Don't worry he's probably just held up due to the speed of light! LoL

edit on 28-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Things i dont messessarily believe in, but have to deal with
Religions
The Big bang
Nationalism
Corporatism
Communism
Reincarnation
Old age
Idiots who think they are wise

edit on 28-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

What if Jesus doesn't come back for another 2,000 years? Or 5,000. Or 10,000. How about one hundred thousand years. How would Christianity change in that time? How would we keep the faith? I'm interested in all responses.

Then we wait. As we have for 2000 years.
Its not just the Christians BTW.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It would probably flourish as religion tend to be a deterrent to those things.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I find it funny that so many people have God figured as a fallacy and but can't solve their own petty problems at home .

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Snsoc

Well, that is interesting. God stops the destruction of the Earth in the middle and gives the kings of the Earth a good talking to? I had not heard that.
I was not being critical of what you were saying, but going off what you said about Armageddon maybe not happening.
I got that part about being summoned to the throne from David Aune's commentary on Revelation. He's a Catholic, so doesn't have the same baggage as a lot of Protestants have about "end times".

Yeah, sorry. I was being a little sarcastic

I'm an ex-Protestant, so I still have to deal with that baggage. I will look at Aune's stuff, thx.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, if you knew much about ancient Israelite rites of sacrifice and offering, you'd know that as the Melchizidek, he'd only be gone away to intercede for about 2 days which in God's time, is roughly 2000 years if 2000 years is as a day to him according to the apostles. Right now to Jesus he's only been gone about 2 days interceding at the Temple in Heaven at the Mercy Seat. You'll know when he leaves the Mercy Seat when all hell breaks loose on earth and the wrath of God is unleashed.

It is unreal how much power you are feeding to the harvesters with your prayers, Jesus himself will find it hard not to incinerate every one of you, for being with the true enemies of ascension.

All your base belong to someone, and that someone owns every single religion, and all of those who believe in a Fear of anything, especially "GOD"...too bad they created you to be the sheep that you are...but realize not all of us are anything like you...and the mercy seat is in entirely different hands, than you think.

Well, those are interesting remarks. Who has the mercy seat? He will be incinerating the enemies of Ascension? Are we talking the Dread Lords of the Outer Spaces here?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Are you saying that Jesus is your Messiah ?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I'm an ex-Protestant, so I still have to deal with that baggage. I will look at Aune's stuff, thx.
I was recently surprised to find out that one of my brothers had converted to Catholicism back in the late 80's.
The books come up right away if you Google it. I just tried it and the first hit is the Amazon page for the set.
There are three volumes. It is in a series that is the most technical as far as commentaries go.
I bought my copies used to save money, vols. 1 & 2 @ $18.59 each, and vol. 3 @ $14.48, not including the shipping.
Anyway, none of that cult apocalyptic nonsense in those. I think it is the best for just straightforward analysis of the text.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Are you saying that Jesus is your Messiah ?

That's what all Muslims believe.
Jesus is known as Isa al-Masih, translated as "Jesus the Messiah". Nobody else in Islam has the title of "al-masih".

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The word that comes out of my mind is actually not from their, and my soul is interacting with that. So my word in physical form is a sound wave, and it is Jesus, so Jesus is here now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join