It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can The DNA of Plants "Speak" To Humans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hey SpecOp, I think it has something to do with us being seperated from nature all together. Imagine if we allowed researchers to show us that they are alive, and can help, but we destroy them at the cost of concrete and malls. I am so happy that I read about this and it wasnt a nature book either.

I cant wait to see whats growing out there as I am sure that there are things that have medicinal value and are edible, there was a thread here about the different foliage and how nutritious it is, I am going to look into it, as I am sure those that are interested in this thread, and the plants they grow around them, if we took the time to respect them, we can see if they make a difference if we eat them... I am up for the challenge and have no problem adding what hey have done.

Oh and dont forget the scare tactics, I cant remember the name of he movie but there was one where the trees were killing people
I mean WOW!!

Peace, NRE.

Did a bit of digging and here is the thread, its from the mod Asktheanimals.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=692142#

edit on 29-5-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Grrr I am trying to find the episode but all of them on YouTard have some sort of copyright thingamajigg. Why don't they just remove that sort of garbage from the results for crying out loud!!! Anyway, Discovery Channel is a crock of manure. They didn't even really study plant communication. They just plopped in a radio player with metal music and classical. Something like that, but it ticked me off immensely. However, you can go on YouTard and find lots of self studies with plant communication. I do nothing else with my life so if you want to participate in a controlled study together, I would certainly participate. I seed swap, sell seeds, and am constantly shipping off seeds. I do not know where you are but under controlled circumstances it wouldn't matter. No one else around me is interested in that kind of stuff, which surprised me that you had an article from my town LOL

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

You crack me up Hollie, and I will U2 you for more info on study and seeds.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Word. and please do! =)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Read Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby. Blew my mind!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Cool stuff. I've always thought there was something to this subject.

I've often wondered why certain environments are better than others for plants (with respect to music, or personalities) and why some plants are more responsive to certain people than to others.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have had an interesting experience with my house plant Spathiphyllum a.k.a Peace Lily ( nasa approved air purifying plant !) a year ago or so. This may not seem a big of a deal, but I will be remembering this incident. I have not dreamt of my plants in particular before or after this. Also for info, I generally do not count days or monitor the plant intensively to think that "maybe I need to water it tomorrow". Before the incident's night, I couldn't have guessed that during the next night it will fuel out. I could have guessed that it will be in 1 or 5 days or so.

So this one night, I was dreaming that my plant had run out of fuel, and that it needed to be watered. After I woke up, the plant had run out of fuel during the night and I needed to water it. I usually let it run out of fuel, and this happens around once in 9 to 12 days. What I remember from the dream, are memories that as if I was informed that it is watering time, or something. It didn't feel like a consequential part of the dream I had that time or anything, it standed out and I immediately remembered when I woke up, even before seeing the plant (that was sitting actually just couple meters from where I sleep)

I wrote down some background info how does my friend Spathiphyllum work. (probably not that interesting text, you may stop reading here

I have noticed that the plant is doing fine even when I let the soil mold get completely dry letting the plant down its leaves as if it were dead. The plant runs out of fuel after some 9 to 12 days after watering. The plant has its leaves nicely up up to the point, when it runs out of the fuel. The change is sudden in appearance once this happens. At first moment it looks healthy, then just perhaps10-30 minutes later the leaves are completely down and hanging. As soon as I notice that the fuel is out, I will water it. Usually it will take from couple hours to a day or so for me to notice that it needs the water. The plant has once been out of fuel in dead state for over 3 weeks at least! (I was out for over 6 weeks.) Yet it managed to get up and get healthy. Maybe some 50% of the leaves died. The rest came back from the hibernation. After this incident, the plant regained its life back very slowly, but after an hour or so, there was improvement. The plant was up and running in some 10 hours or so. In normal circumstances when I water the plant after the usual 1-10h fuel out, it will regain its full health in some 10-30 minutes.

After the long fuel out episode, the plant has grown less water-dependent. Before that, it fueled out in some 7-10 days, but now it is more like 10+ days all the time I have noticed
edit on 29-5-2013 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Thanks kelbtalfenek

Another member and myself are going to set up an experiment regarding the environment and it's potential effects. We want to include other members as well. If you are interested u2 me. We are going to set it up by Monday.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by

Thanks for sharing your experience inthemistandfog

Sounds like you enjoy the observation and participation with the plant. I too feel the same about my house plants. I have had them several years and they are part of my life, by definition. The dream may have been a conducive state to actually sense the plants needs. I think we are molecularly connected with them somehow, and sometimes that line of communication is realized.
I think plants vary in there uptake of water throughout the year and perhaps other factors affect this process too.
Stress seems to have an effect on most living things, so surely the opposite does too, as in s soothing and relaxing environment, which may include your energy, music, healthy tmps, etc..

Peace

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I am a bit late to your thread, and it is a hum dinger! So many questions. In my experience seek and you shall find, really works. I believe if a person wants to know and understand plants, they will do all they can to help. Sending dreams would be one of those ways. I also think with healers, they learn certain characteristics of a 'style' of plant, and can get a partial idea of possible uses that way.

What blows my mind is that some plants need to be boiled to remove toxins, some baked for the same reasons, some beaten and rinsed, some do well as infusions, some need to be soaked with another substance, an alikai for example, etc. where did that knowledge come from?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hey there friend

The style eh? Interesting, I can see how there could be some correlative factors of plants appearance consistent with certain traits. leaf structure, color, body, region, etc..

Yea this stuff creates just as many questions and and it seems there is more than one answer. While many of these techniques were from trial and error over perhaps thousands of years, I feel that additional situations occurred as well, as described in the articles.

I have worked with plants intimately and know that they become part of us, intrinsically on some level, however subtle. Does it not make sense that we should have such a relationship with something that has been with us and provided so much from the beginning.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I read this entire thread in awe of all the interesting links, references, etc. I will pick up a copy of some of the books mentioned and read up on the subject! Even though I feel irrational admitting this, I still have always felt there is more to plants than meets the eye and to see it backed up by actual experiments is exciting!

Thanks a lot for the great read and I will keep following this thread for more information!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Can The DNA of Plants "Speak" To Humans. Why not they say that if you talk to your plants they grow better. I guess you could attribute that to the extra CO2 emission. But there may be more to that. Kirlian photography Would seem to indicate that matter has an aura which can idicate many things including health. I would think that if you, under scientific, principles, study the plant and use these devices it would be rather easy to determine a coralation with what is being tested.

<< 1  2   >>

join