It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Unfortunately, "carrying" the others is a part of a civilized society.

Do you believe there are enough jobs for every able bodied person in this country....really? I'll let you in on a secret...there isn't. So even if everyone was on the straight and narrow, graduated college and didn't have any bad habits, we wouldn't have sufficient jobs for them.

You have no idea how much our economy depends upon welfare...

That's why we need to construct a society that gets rid of money and rewards those who eliminate jobs rather than those who "create" them.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I guess it would all depend on which side of the fence you are on to start with.

Let's say that you have been raised through a very hard life. It could be said that you may be able to handle certain situations better than someone who has lead a more privileged life.

It could also be said that there are those, less privileged that might want TSTHTF so that those more privileged would be brought down to their size for once.

If nothing, in the end, those hypocrites you speak of, along with many others, will succumb to the rabble that has a penchant to survive.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I don't know if you're in the US, or UK?

Do you have any understanding what an inner city nieghborhood would look like if the criminal gov't didn't pay up on the welfare, or food stamp cards? Do you understand what Chicago inner-city looks like on a good day?

I don't relish the thought of what will eventually happen. I fear for anyone weak, young, female -- in these circumstances.

I do believe the criminal gov't of both colors are responsible for it, and I think they are the ones your OP should be targetting.

I think they will be sitting back in their heavily gaurded bunkers, laughing at the rest of us.

I know exactly what our inner cities look like and what will happen if (as many people seem to wish) welfare and foodstamps were discontinued. It's not something I want!

I'm addressing the people who DO want this and wish to devolve to savagery.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
That's why we need to construct a society that gets rid of money and rewards those who eliminate jobs rather than those who "create" them.

So how does that help or reward the millions of people that having rewarding and fulfilling jobs?

For 40-50 hours a week I am being challenged mentally in a job that is rewarding on multiple levels. I enjoy getting up every morning and going to where I work, like the 13 other people on my team and the hundreds of others in my department and the thousands of others where i work

That doesn't make me or any of the people that create those jobs a bad person.

If you really wanted to be extreme you could have separate cities. One for those that create jobs and the people that enjoy working them could exist in one city and those that don't like working and don't create jobs in the other ..

oh wait..that wouldn't work so maybe things should just be mixed like they are because their is no one right solution to the equation of what makes a person happy.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Unfortunately, "carrying" the others is a part of a civilized society.

Do you believe there are enough jobs for every able bodied person in this country....really? I'll let you in on a secret...there isn't. So even if everyone was on the straight and narrow, graduated college and didn't have any bad habits, we wouldn't have sufficient jobs for them.

You have no idea how much our economy depends upon welfare...

We may need to do this, but how come so many wish to villianize the poor? How come many want a savage society when they personally aren't built to survive in such a place.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If some kind of extreme situation occurs that causes all of chest beating loud mouths to do without, they will either learn to shut up and cooperate or left to fend for themselves and do without.... The people that have been in situations where they have had to do without luxuries and be resourceful in order to get by are better suited to survival under adverse conditions... During the great depression everyone pulled together, shared resources and got through it.... Today people are just hoarding guns, bullets and bravado... People need to look out for one another.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I love Mike Polk .This one is one of my faves,and its quite relavent. The tax payers pay for the rich ,and pay for the poor.
The rich and the poor don't pay taxes so ....
We folks in the middle ,are now called ,"the working poor".

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Im ready to watch the welfare state to get cut off and go completely insane, because they do not know the proper ways to take care of themselves.

Any other questions?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hell no man, im almost at that point and i dont know what to do. Im doing my best. i just had to quit my job because i was allergic to chemicals i had to interface with. Now i have a 4 day gig for 11 an hour for 4 days and im just praying to god that he has a plan.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

...and thats why you voted for Barack Obama

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

The "welfare state" has a very viable underpinning of black markets - drugs, guns, prostitution - including child prostitution.

Who will the victims of this population be? Children.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Children are already victims of this. The goal is to stop it and help children become self reliant.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am and anyone with common sense will be too. The biggest asset one will have is the ability to adapt and react accordingly. Anything can go wrong with food stores, health, etc. You will need to have the sense to do whatever needs to be done in a variety of situations/circumstances. I am definitely not looking forward to such a scenario, nor do I live my life in fear of it. The simple truth is.... mothers will survive in far greater numbers IMO. You get to messing with the babies and/or children even the most meek, frail woman will find strength within herself that will surprise her and others around her.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would say I'm pretty prepared.

I'm married to my wonderful indigenous wife where we have land in a remote 400 year old village. The village is a loving community where everyone knows each other and helps with communal parenting of the kids. The village has it's own spring water and grows their own food.

Until the worlds power structure changes (or a consciousness change) it will always be a dog eat dog society. People are positioned to fight for resources.

The ones I feel sorry for are those in a prison of "ciliviliation", "progress" or whatever term you want to call it. The people who feel they have no choice but to work, save, medicare, 401k, pay taxes, and the other dependencies made by man, imprisoning man, and making people compliant sheep.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I'm not sure if I understand the question, are you saying if society and civilisation has a upheaval will there still be foodstamps and welfare? Or are you saying will we help our fellow man, if such a upheaval should happen? or if those who prep of study survival techniques will fail?
There is a great gulf of difference between a hand-out and a hand-up.
As for surviving the break up of civilization, humans are some what like cockroaches, if there is a way to survive human kind will.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

i wish there would be a continent, cut from the rest of the machine,,,
and you could choose to go there, and live your life,,,,

would be an interesting experiment... i think it would work better than this..

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

i wish there would be a continent, cut from the rest of the machine,,,
and you could choose to go there, and live your life,,,,

would be an interesting experiment... i think it would work better than this..

There was a continent like that in the past called North America. The people moved from Europe, killed all the natives, and look what they have now

Today you won't find continents cut off from the machine, but there are small regions. You are welcome to go there, it just takes some determination and willpower to make the change - it's possible =)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is a really good point. Things are changing.

Things Are Definitely Changing: I'll Tell You What I've Noticed

This is an example of a thread written back in 2005. The OP recalls life in the decades past and how much more freedom there was. Now there is so much fear that there is pretty much no freedom left.
edit on 28-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Many feel that the homeless, welfare, drug addicts, and other bottom of the barrel people are getting what they deserve and shouldn't be a drain on the rest of society.

Of-course they shouldnt be a "drain" on others. No one else should be a "drain" on anyone else.

That having been said, it doesnt mean that we cant try to help the less fortunate or even those who have made poor life choices.

My issue is that its not the government's role to forcibly take the fruits of my labor and redistribute it as they see fit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join